Author Topic: Insta-blame for Bush over Katrina, but Kentucky...Obama?  (Read 8870 times)

john828

Re: Insta-blame for Bush over Katrina, but Kentucky...Obama?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2009, 06:10:39 PM »
Hey, I'm new here.  You referring to lone_gunamn?
My initial thought [for your next purchase] was to get a .22 lr or .22 mag but as you have one or five, I’d advise you purchase Spell Check---
~z

lone_gunman

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2009, 08:06:48 PM »
Geez...I've been seeing this guy get at everybody on here and can't figure out
why you don't realize  HE IS  one of the left wing nuts you are talking about.

I hope you arent talking to me.  I voted for Bush twice, and McCain in the last election.

I just hate seeing the right go all crazy over Obama the way the left went crazy over Bush.  It defies logic and reason. Everything bad that happened was Bush's fault.  Now I see the right doing the same thing with Obama.  Is it just to pay back the left?  Or is it simply insanity?  Obama has been president for a whopping two weeks, and the world hasn't ended despite the shrill posts on this forum.  Obama deserved to be watched carefully.  We need to be prepared to fight him if he pushes a left wing agenda.  But so far, he hasn't really done much that Bush and the Republicans would not approve of.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 08:12:41 PM by lone_gunman »

Impure Client

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2009, 09:38:45 PM »
I was just testing ya  =D

Is it just to pay back the left?

..you bethcha, hehe

lone_gunman

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2009, 09:42:34 PM »
Payback may feel good, yet it accomplishes nothing. 

Impure Client

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 12:53:31 AM »
I feel like a Ninja Turtle and Master Splinter is teaching me.
Seriously though, I thought that was what this forum was for.
To get it off our chests instead of being locked in THR. 

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 04:57:10 AM »
So can you acknowledge the truth of the story?  Regardless of who scooped the story, the MSM acknowledge it, Rice never denied it and this whole pissing match is over.

So? Why is it wrong for the Secretary of State [whose job is emphatically not related to FEMA's functions] to buy shoes during Katrina? Are you expecting America's officials to go into complete mourning and not perform any personal purchases during whaver major hurricane/snowstorm/whatnot befalls the nation? Really? Do you think the other hundreds of ranking politicians, bureaucrats, military and corporate leaders who inhabit DC just put their personal lives on halt for Katrina? Do you really think that they should? That it is somehow newsworthy that they do not?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

john828

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2009, 10:48:21 AM »
microbalrog, you might be taking my words out of context.  lone_gunman and I got into it regarding whether or not the shopping trip took place as a historical fact.  I could not care less whether she was shopping or not.  I just wanted to prove that the action took place because he seemed to not believe it happened.
My initial thought [for your next purchase] was to get a .22 lr or .22 mag but as you have one or five, I’d advise you purchase Spell Check---
~z

lone_gunman

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2009, 01:48:15 PM »
I just wanted to prove that the action took place because he seemed to not believe it happened.

I don't doubt she went shopping.  What I doubted was that it was ever reported in a significant fashion by the mainstream media.  It was reported by left wing bloggers, who are more or less irrelevant to anyone but themselves.

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2009, 02:21:01 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:50:19 PM by Don't care »

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »
This IS kind of a stretch.

The argument goes something like this:
Bush's reorg of FEMA (maybe?) caused it to "fail" in regards to Katrina.  In other words, the budget cuts, the reorg, change in structure, whatever could be possibly argued to have caused their poor performance.

It didn't help Bush that he seemed flippant about it either.

Did his reorg cause the problem?  Hell if I know.

I don't think anyone can point to any change Obama's made in the last few weeks that can be even argued to cause poor performance

Guys:  I'm sure Obama will do PLENTY to legitimately critisize in the coming weeks/months.  Take this "Stimulus/pork" bill for instance.

I have a feeling that you won't need to invent problems with Obama in the coming weeks, but this kind of stuff is just silly.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM