Author Topic: NH just filed a bill the founding fathers would APPLAUD at! Jeffersonian?!  (Read 3041 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Woah. Just....wow....

I have no idea if it will pass, but WOW!!!! Just...read it! THAT is what we need. They just declared noncompliance with any sort of further firearms restrictions, unapproved government service, limits upon speech or surrendering further powers to the federal government.

I would give this a standing ovation. I hope it passes. What a clear message! =)

HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION 6

A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles.

SPONSORS: Rep. Itse, Rock 9; Rep. Ingbretson, Graf 5; Rep. Comerford, Rock 9; Sen. Denley, Dist 3

COMMITTEE: State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Nine

That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government; and

That copies of this resolution be transmitted by the house clerk to the President of the United States, each member of the United States Congress, and the presiding officers of each State’s legislature.

Full version: http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/2009/HCR0006.html

« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 02:15:09 PM by Manedwolf »

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Re: NH just filed a bill the founding fathers would APPLAUD at! Jeffersonian?!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »
1st Montana, now New Hampshire.

Kind'a like applause it just takes one person to get the ball rolling.

This kind of resolution in legislatures could snowball into a movement. Where that movement might lead? <shrug> Who knows?

But indications are it'll be down a path preferable to the one we're on now. Maybe long, maybe short. Probably tough. But it'll be one we'll be going down eventually, one way or the other.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:23 PM »
Excerpt from the rest of it...when was the last time a bill with this language was written?!

Resolved by the House of Representatives, the Senate concurring:

That the several States composing the United States of America, are not united on the principle of unlimited submission to their General Government; but that, by a compact under the style and title of a Constitution for the United States, and of amendments thereto, they constituted a General Government for special purposes, -- delegated to that government certain definite powers, reserving, each State to itself, the residuary mass of right to their own self-government; and that whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force; that to this compact each State acceded as a State, and is an integral party, its co-States forming, as to itself, the other party: that the government created by this compact was not made the exclusive or final judge of the extent of the powers delegated to itself; since that would have made its discretion, and not the Constitution, the measure of its powers; but that, as in all other cases of compact among powers having no common judge, each party has an equal right to judge for itself, as well of infractions as of the mode and measure of redress; and

That the Constitution of the United States, having delegated to Congress a power to punish treason, counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States, piracies, and felonies committed on the high seas, and offences against the law of nations, slavery, and no other crimes whatsoever; and it being true as a general principle, and one of the amendments to the Constitution having also declared, that “the powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people,” therefore all acts of Congress which assume to create, define, or punish crimes, other than those so enumerated in the Constitution are altogether void, and of no force; and that the power to create, define, and punish such other crimes is reserved, and, of right, appertains solely and exclusively to the respective States, each within its own territory; and

I just read the whole thing, again, and got the kind of shiver I got when I first read the Declaration of Independence.

These are words that stand tall. It's been so long.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 02:30:23 PM »
Beautiful.  Just Beautiful.

Maned, your state and Montana are candles in the dark.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 02:38:01 PM »
These are words that stand tall. It's been so long.

Interesting times times we live in, indeed surprising times.

As long as there are men with the courage to stand up to and oppose what our federal government has become there is hope for the future of the USA. In NH at least it seems that there are those with that courage.

Fight Me Online

Josh Aston

• Future President of Texas
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 08:30:22 PM »
It doesn't have a snoball's chance in hell of passing, but my God it would be nice.
I'm from Texas, what country are you from?

Aston for POTUS Republic of Texas - 2016

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 08:42:33 PM »
It doesn't have a snoball's chance in hell of passing, but my God it would be nice.

Never know.  Lot of folks are messing with NH, have a glance at the thread on Mass taxing NH businesses.  I doubt it'd ever be enforced, but passed as a gesture?   Maybe.  Beautifully written.  If only all of our laws followed that language and ideology...
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 09:23:08 PM »

So...let's get it passed in Texas first....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 09:18:11 AM »
Now that's legislation I can live with.
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 12:05:41 PM »
That bill, even if softened a bit to achieve acceptability, would sure be an effective shot across the bow of the ship of nation. Hope it passes. Apparently, flinty ole' New Hampshire is not yet saturated by massholes.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Werewolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »
Got choked up just a bit reading the thing but guys it is not a bill in the sense that it makes law. If passed it will not have the force of law. It is a resolution - which to the best of my knowledge is just a way for a legislative body to express its sense of things.

In this case it lets the US Congress know that NH is getting a bit fed up with the heavy handed way that the feds are wielding their hammer.

The fact that it is a resolution is IMO a benefit. Without force of law it may make it easier for other like minded state legislatures to issue something similar.

If 25 or 30 states issued a similar resolution and sent it on to Congress would it impact the way they do business up there? Would it put them on notice that some states aren't going to play their game any more? Would Congress even care and instead thumb their noses at their legislative brethren at the state level?

Unlike my all knowing teenage niece (teenagers know everything doncha know) I can't see into the future so no answers to the listed questions from me.

It'd sure be interesting to see y'alls take on this and the questions above.

Fight Me Online

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »
 =D

That made my day.

Thank you, NH!