Author Topic: Sweet, sweet karma  (Read 3658 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Sweet, sweet karma
« on: April 05, 2019, 04:36:49 PM »
In which a screeching ninny tries to shame an old Jew in a coffee shop, for the sin of wearing a MAGA hat...

...and she's now been fired from her day job, and her gig on some "social justice" madness factory.

https://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/2019/04/03/political-polarization-sparks-confrontation-at-starbucks-triggering-online-fury

http://thedailyhaze.com/parker-mankey-screamed-elderly-man-maga-hat/

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-harassed-74-year-old-man-wearing-maga-hat-starbucks-get-f-town-231628104.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
Re: Sweet, sweet karma
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 04:53:10 PM »
We've hit peak TDS... I think

I guess the demand for nazis has long outstripped the supply of nazis.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 05:06:32 PM »

I was at a personal customer's last night, discombobulating his printer.  He had CNN on.   I'd honestly never watched it before.  (No cable TeeVee, ever.)

Oh.  My.   Goodness.

The utter obsession with Trump, and his evils and putative shortcomings.  And conspiracy theories.  And people actually watch this.

<boggle>
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 05:13:32 PM »

They take statements like that as a challenge
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 05:16:26 PM »
I was at a personal customer's last night, discombobulating his printer.  He had CNN on.   I'd honestly never watched it before.  (No cable TeeVee, ever.)

Oh.  My.   Goodness.

The utter obsession with Trump, and his evils and putative shortcomings.  And conspiracy theories.  And people actually watch this.

<boggle>

Were they talking about the NY Times story about the new leaks from Mueller's team? "It looks pretty bad for Trump!" Boy, where have I heard that before? It's amazing the way the Times is just carrying on business as usual.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 05:21:01 PM »
I was at a personal customer's last night, discombobulating his printer.  He had CNN on.   I'd honestly never watched it before.  (No cable TeeVee, ever.)

Oh.  My.   Goodness.

The utter obsession with Trump, and his evils and putative shortcomings.  And conspiracy theories.  And people actually watch this.

<boggle>

Went to eat at a Chilis a couple of months ago and they sat me down in full view of a TV on CNN. Was there maybe an hour and a half and it was nothing but we must tell you why we hate Trump and why you should too stories one after the other the whole time.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 06:05:04 PM »

Oh.  My.   Goodness.

<boggle>

Conspiracy Network News
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »
I'm old enough to remember seeing Democrats like JFK, Hubert Humphrey, Adlai Stevenson, and even, yes, Hizzoner Richard J. Daley on TV. Were I to somehow meet one of these men now as an adult, I believe I could engage in civil discourse with any one of them, agree to disagree, and then after shaking hands we'd each go on about our own business, working toward very different goals.

I think there is a very large portion of today's democrat party with whom civil discourse is no longer possible. On virtually every issue there would be disagreement, and many of today's democrats would begin berating, insulting, and cursing me, mouth threats, and - if they thought they could get away with it - probably assault me.

Things have changed - and not for the better.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2019, 06:47:45 PM »

...and she's now been fired from her day job, and her gig on some "social justice" madness factory.

https://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/2019/04/03/political-polarization-sparks-confrontation-at-starbucks-triggering-online-fury

http://thedailyhaze.com/parker-mankey-screamed-elderly-man-maga-hat/

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woman-harassed-74-year-old-man-wearing-maga-hat-starbucks-get-f-town-231628104.html

From the first link:

"This week in Palo Alto," Lee said, "one of our neighbors ... allowed herself to be pulled down into that muck when she encountered a man wearing a MAGA hat at a Palo Alto Starbucks and chased him out of the store.

(Lee is a fellow leftist activist, BTW.) No, Mr. Lee, she did not "allow herself to be pulled down into the muck." She shoveled the dirt, poured water on it and mixed it up into muck, and then unilaterally plunged into it ... all by herself. Nobody pulled her down. She obviously didn't need any help going low.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2019, 07:02:37 PM »

I guess the demand for nazis has long outstripped the supply of nazis.

Ha! If he looks like he's winning in fall 2020 we will look back on this as the good old days. Put it this way, next spring the time I am planting potatoes. And I never hassle with them if I think they will be cheap at the store that is safe to go to in four months. They will start a shooting war to avoid another term.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2019, 07:51:40 PM »
I'm old enough to remember seeing Democrats like JFK, Hubert Humphrey, Adlai Stevenson, and even, yes, Hizzoner Richard J. Daley on TV. Were I to somehow meet one of these men now as an adult, I believe I could engage in civil discourse with any one of them, agree to disagree, and then after shaking hands we'd each go on about our own business, working toward very different goals.

I think there is a very large portion of today's democrat party with whom civil discourse is no longer possible. On virtually every issue there would be disagreement, and many of today's democrats would begin berating, insulting, and cursing me, mouth threats, and - if they thought they could get away with it - probably assault me.

Back then,  you could disagree and do it respectfully.

In the early 1990s I got interested in talk radio, and was living in S. W. Connecticut at the time,  where most radio came out of New York City.  Before Rush came on,  former mayor Ed Koch had a hour show.   I disagreed a great deal with his politics,  but I did respect the calm, gentlemanly manner he employed in discussing and debating things.

Gone are those days ..... :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2019, 09:32:59 PM »

Agree. I was actually just thinking along the same lines this morning as I listened to an interview of Howard Schultz. While I still wouldn't vote for the guy, I think I could have an intelligent and civil debate with the man.

For instance, one of the interview topics was health care, in which he said he was for universal health care, but as catastrophic coverage, not for Cadillac care for all. As I'm a big fan of inexpensive catastrophic coverage in lieu of obamacare in the private market, I thought his view could be something I'd be open to debate.

Of course the left hates his views on healthcare and everything else, because his views are not radical enough.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »

I think that part is key.  In a few areas, the local politicos are letting them get away with it.  It remains to be seen how bad the voter fraud will become before that can change.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 08:00:58 PM »
WLJ said:
Went to eat at a Chilis a couple of months ago and they sat me down in full view of a TV on CNN. Was there maybe an hour and a half and it was nothing but we must tell you why we hate Trump and why you should too stories one after the other the whole time.

UNIVERSAL KEY CHAIN TV SHUTTER-OFFER THINGUS

https://www.tvbgone.com/

https://www.amazon.com/TV-B-Gone-Universal-TV-Control-Keychain/dp/B0006GD9CE

I'd love to wear a MAGA hat, but I fear it would put me in defensive situations.

Terry
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:41:40 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 11:46:06 PM »
WLJ said:
UNIVERSAL KEY CHAIN TV SHUTTER-OFFER THINGUS

https://www.tvbgone.com/

https://www.amazon.com/TV-B-Gone-Universal-TV-Control-Keychain/dp/B0006GD9CE

Didn't we just discuss this thing about a week ago?

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 11:57:38 PM »

I'd love to wear a MAGA hat, but I fear it would put me in defensive situations.

Terry

That I believe is a concern of many people. I may get one to wear on days I go into friendly country.

bob

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 01:14:57 AM »

That's why I just ordered one. We can't let these yo-yos stop people from wearing an anodyne political slogan, for the completely bogus reason that it somehow signifies racism, or hatred, or whatever bunkum they assign to it. Who knows if it will help, but maybe if a few more of us "wear the colors," we can keep Republicanism from being the sin which dare not speak its name.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 05:46:52 AM »

That's why I just ordered one. We can't let these yo-yos stop people from wearing an anodyne political slogan, for the completely bogus reason that it somehow signifies racism, or hatred, or whatever bunkum they assign to it. Who knows if it will help, but maybe if a few more of us "wear the colors," we can keep Republicanism from being the sin which dare not speak its name.

Agreed, but you ain't 80 years old and a coward to boot.

I promised my mommy I would not die in jail, and the way things are going today, even using a legitimate self-defense argument still involves at least a year long "relationship" with law enforcement and probable long-term harassment by the noncompos segment of the population while the police keep my personal defense sidearm "for evidence" for evarrr.

My innocence and the First Amendment notwithstanding.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:03:50 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 01:26:32 PM »

I promised my mommy I would not die in jail, and the way things are going today, even using a legitimate self-defense argument still involves at least a year long "relationship" with law enforcement and probable long-term harassment by the noncompos segment of the population while the police keep my personal defense sidearm "for evidence" for evarrr.

Terry, 230RN

What I meant is that I am going to wear the hat, so that others need not fear to wear it. Je suis MAGA hat, I guess.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »
What I meant is that I am going to wear the hat, so that others need not fear to wear it. Je suis MAGA hat, I guess.

We definitely appreciate your willingness to take one for the team.

I call first dibs on your guns.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2019, 02:42:46 PM »
I'd rock one!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2019, 02:46:42 PM »
These days I either wear my NRA or Denizens of Doom Motorcycle Club hat.

:old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 02:59:27 PM »
We definitely appreciate your willingness to take one for the team.

I call first dibs on your guns.

I don't live in MAGA Country, IL, or Brooklyn, so I'm more likely to get compliments than anything else.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2019, 04:35:48 PM »

Terry, 230RN
I would be more concerned about someone spitting in my food than trying to start a fight. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2019, 05:27:59 PM »
I remember a whole lot of Obama Derangement Syndrome or ODS, on here and other more conservative leaning sites and news outlets, not that long ago.

Before that is was W Derangement Syndrome, before that was Bill Clinton Derangement Syndrome... repeat.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536