Author Topic: Spies May Defect Over Furlough  (Read 4057 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Spies May Defect Over Furlough
« on: October 02, 2013, 12:24:36 PM »
I think this might make "Most ridiculous statement of the week". Seriously James Clapper? Our intelligence operatives might defect because they're not getting paid for a whole day and a half? I'd be curious to know how many people in the critical areas of the intelligence community with TS clearance have even been furloughed, if any. Of course that's likely classified, so no way to fact check his statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/02/intel-chief-us-spies-might-defect-over-budget-impasse/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
Re: Spies May Defect Over Furlough
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:36:53 PM »
Worse!
Trrrist plots might not be foiled by the NSA because of shutdown!!!
 :O
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 12:42:10 PM »
1. They get back pay after the furlough, so this is paid vacation the pay is just slightly delayed.
2. If you're gonna go rogue because you missed a day or two worth of pay maybe you shouldn't be a spy?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2013, 12:44:26 PM »
Worse!
Trrrist plots might not be foiled by the NSA because of shutdown!!!
 :O

Worst:

FedGuv uses the furlough as an excuse to deliberately let some half-arsed trrrrrrist plot succeed, to create a false parallel between libertarian policies and trrrrrist support, uses as grounds for more civil liberties squashing.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
NSA monitoring is going full steam ahead, they're just not processing FOIA requests.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 12:54:44 PM »
1. They get back pay after the furlough, so this is paid vacation the pay is just slightly delayed.
2. If you're gonna go rogue because you missed a day or two worth of pay maybe you shouldn't be a spy?

Number one is not true for a lot of people

Still though. Fear nonferrous and bullshit from the US intelligence apparatus

Nothing to see there, folks
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »

That's OK they will redefect back to us when they get their back pay. [tinfoil] [popcorn] :rofl: ;/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »
i was going to comment but do not want to end up like Micheal Hastings.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2013, 02:57:17 PM »
NSA monitoring is going full steam ahead, they're just not processing FOIA requests.

Still would make great timing for a false flag operation. [tinfoil]
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »
I think this might make "Most ridiculous statement of the week". Seriously James Clapper? Our intelligence operatives might defect because they're not getting paid for a whole day and a half? I'd be curious to know how many people in the critical areas of the intelligence community with TS clearance have even been furloughed, if any. Of course that's likely classified, so no way to fact check his statement.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/02/intel-chief-us-spies-might-defect-over-budget-impasse/

First question from a reporter should have been "Didn't you commit perjury when testifying before Congress?  How do you still have a job, let alone be able to try to pull something this stupid."
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2013, 10:08:42 PM »
In more ridiculousness, the National Park Service has (forcefully) ordered the closure of a Virginia landmark that is located on NPS land, but which is not staffed by NPS personnel and which receives NO (that's as in "Zero") federal funding. This same site has been through a number of previous government "shutdowns" without being asked to close.

I thought it was a truism that all politicians were shameless, but the Obummer administration gives an entirely new meaning to the word.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/2/nps-orders-closure-park-receives-no-federal-fundin/?page=all
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2013, 10:30:38 PM »
As I read it, NPS can close down the Park, which would effectively preclude tourists accessing the Farm, but should have no voice in how the trust operates the Farm itself.  And if the Farm has livestock NPS would need to allow Farm staff to acccess the site to care for said livestock - or suffer an attempt to get a warrant sworn out against them for violating federal animal cruelty laws (which of course then leads to civil suits for compensation for te distress and emotional trauma suffered by staff who knew about the cruel treatment of the livestock).

NPS may get away with keeping tourists from getting in, but telling a lessee you are going to refuse to honor the lease is bordering on the far side of stupid.

But ten, this "government shutdown" is not about shutting down the government so much as it is trying to distract the uninformed and the single-issue voters from the 800 pound gorilla in the middle of the room.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 11:31:26 PM »
What if they refuse to close?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 12:12:45 AM »
What if they refuse to close?

According to the article, the NPS erected barricades at the entrance.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 01:25:02 AM »
If they truly are closed then there shouldn't be anyone manning the barricades. >:D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 06:31:46 AM »
If they truly are closed then there shouldn't be anyone manning the barricades. >:D

But if the parks and monuments are essentially closed, then the personnel needed to enforce the closings must be essential personnel.

You just don't know how to think like a bureaucrap.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 10:51:53 AM »
Tourist businesses on the YNP perimeter are complaining about lost income.  But I also wonder about lost tax revenue on that lost income.

Would be interesting to study whether national parks, etc actually cost or make money  ???  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »
Tourist businesses on the YNP perimeter are complaining about lost income.  But I also wonder about lost tax revenue on that lost income.

Would be interesting to study whether national parks, etc actually cost or make money  ???  =|

When the state highway department decides to repair a stretch of highway, they don't close it ... they just "close" it. They post a sign that says something like, "Road legally closed. Pass at your own risk. State assumes no liability if your car falls into a crater or gets buried in hot asphalt."

So what't the big deal about closing a forest? Do the trees care? Just post a sign that says, "Hey, the rangers are on furlough. If a bear chases you, you're on your own. Enjoy your visit."

Done. Simple.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 10:43:06 PM »
Would be interesting to study whether national parks, etc actually cost

They cost money.

Believe me I used to work for them and the amount of money that the NPS spends is staggering. Way too much to be self-supporting. You don't get a call telling you to go spend $20,000 in one day in an agency that is self supporting.

Conversely, I now work for a state park system that is 85% self supporting. We are on a shoestring, squeeze blood from turnips type budget.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »
They cost money.

Believe me I used to work for them and the amount of money that the NPS spends is staggering. Way too much to be self-supporting. You don't get a call telling you to go spend $20,000 in one day in an agency that is self supporting.

Conversely, I now work for a state park system that is 85% self supporting. We are on a shoestring, squeeze blood from turnips type budget.

Turn the national parks and forests over to the states  =)

I'm sure Montana could make money off the national state forests.  Heck, 1/36th of the rest of the land earns money to help fund the schools.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 10:39:28 AM »
Clapper said Wednesday he cannot "guarantee" the country is safe in the current condition.

I guess this means if he get the bucks he can "guarantee" the safety of the country? I think he has a highly inflated opinion of his own worth.... [barf]
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 10:41:13 AM »
I guess this means if he get the bucks he can "guarantee" the safety of the country? I think he has a highly inflated opinion of his own worth.... [barf]

That's a really good point. I'd love to see a reporter ask him that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 01:20:18 PM »
Isn't coercing money to guarantee "protection"  called extortion?