Author Topic: Welcome to the new society v. 2,837  (Read 3820 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Welcome to the new society v. 2,837
« on: October 23, 2019, 10:59:00 AM »
Feminine hygiene products are no longer just for women.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/always-to-stop-using-venus-symbol-on-menstruation-products-to-be-more-inclusive

The move came after LGBTQ activists reminded the company on social media that not all of their customers are women, The Independent reported.

If customers are not women, why do they need feminine hygiene products? Oh, wait -- next step will be that the LGBTQXYZ brigade will start a campaign to stop referring to such products as "feminine" hygiene products.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Welcome to the new society v. 2,837
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 11:13:43 AM »
It is a pretty simple concept: if you aren't menstruating, you don't need feminine hygiene products.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 11:17:36 AM »
Hawkmoon;

You frequently post articles about the most recent ridiculous thing that in the news.  Usually, it's indicative of our culture sliding ever more quickly away from traditional norms.  I think most of it is silly too.  Some of it is downright upsetting.

However, it seems like you often surround yourself with news stories that upset you.  You post here a lot about them.  Which is fine, do as you will.  But, personally, that's a lot of negativity you're letting into your life.  Why do this to yourself?  You can't meaningfully impact the direction of American culture.  What you can control is how much you allow all this nonsense into your life, and your reaction to it.

I don't read news much anymore.  I'm a happier person for it.  You might consider the same.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 11:54:46 AM »
Hawkmoon;

You frequently post articles about the most recent ridiculous thing that in the news.  Usually, it's indicative of our culture sliding ever more quickly away from traditional norms.  I think most of it is silly too.  Some of it is downright upsetting.

However, it seems like you often surround yourself with news stories that upset you.  You post here a lot about them.  Which is fine, do as you will.  But, personally, that's a lot of negativity you're letting into your life.  Why do this to yourself?  You can't meaningfully impact the direction of American culture.  What you can control is how much you allow all this nonsense into your life, and your reaction to it.

I don't read news much anymore.  I'm a happier person for it.  You might consider the same.

That's  what my wife says about me all the time.
My retort is "I get a lot of joy out of poking fun at the idiots in the world."

The sooner you embrace the idea that we have slipped into the Clownworld timeline and enjoy the ride, the better the outlook.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 12:19:26 PM »
Hawkmoon;

Really? Your advice is people should stop caring, because we can't do anything about what's going wrong with the world? Do you think maybe that kind of fatalism is a big part of the problem?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 12:37:39 PM »

I think a lot more of it is upsetting than just plain silly. And, while I might in some way(s) be happier ignoring the world and floating around in blissful ignorance, I don't honestly see that as a particularly viable strategy for long-term psychological survival.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 12:47:03 PM »
Really? Your advice is people should stop caring, because we can't do anything about what's going wrong with the world? Do you think maybe that kind of fatalism is a big part of the problem?

I didn't say stop caring.  If I didn't care, it wouldn't be upsetting.

I think a lot more of it is upsetting than just plain silly. And, while I might in some way(s) be happier ignoring the world and floating around in blissful ignorance, I don't honestly see that as a particularly viable strategy for long-term psychological survival.

Fair enough, each to their own.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 02:20:40 PM »
That's  what my wife says about me all the time.
My retort is "I get a lot of joy out of poking fun at the idiots in the world."

The sooner you embrace the idea that we have slipped into the Clownworld timeline and enjoy the ride, the better the outlook.

Same here.  My wife is pretty much disconnected from the media entirely, doesn't follow the news and it's not worth explaining the insanity du jour to her.

Honk Honk.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 03:17:44 PM »
I think the problem with things like this is these companies are allowing the small but loud online activists to push them into making silly changes.  I don't think any substantial number of people actually gave a damn about this symbol.  It is sad that corporations like this feel the need to appease these groups.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 03:40:41 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 03:30:20 PM »
https://babylonbee.com/news/always-appeals-to-men-with-pads-featuring-pictures-of-monster-trucks-pro-wrestlers
Always Appeals To Men With Pads Featuring Pictures Of Monster Trucks, Pro Wrestlers

Though the product was initially targeted at people who menstruate but don't necessarily identify as a woman, the company is discovering that men who are forced to buy their wives' menstrual products prefer the packaging as well.

"Men are able to go to the check stand and hold their head high, proud to pick up a product with Cena elbow-dropping some fool or a bazooka blowing something up," said the rep. "You're welcome, men."

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 03:43:36 PM »
MechAg94 beat me to it.

:lol:
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2019, 04:52:31 PM »
I think the problem with things like this is these companies are allowing the small but loud online activists to push them into making silly changes.  I don't think any substantial number of people actually gave a damn about this symbol.  It is sad that corporations like this feel the need to appease these groups.

It's Proctor and Gamble again,  the same merry group of SJW crusaders that introduced me to Dollar Shave Club products with their Gillette stunt earlier this year.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2019, 06:21:56 PM »
It's Proctor and Gamble again,  the same merry group of SJW crusaders that introduced me to Dollar Shave Club products with their Gillette stunt earlier this year.

I think we need to start up the Proctor and Gamble worship satan urban legend again...  >:D

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2019, 06:26:18 PM »
You mean they don't?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2019, 09:06:24 PM »
Bandwagon-jumping.

Pack behavior.

Peer pressure.

Lemmings.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »
I think we need to start up the Proctor and Gamble worship satan urban legend again...  >:D

Why not.  Someone go hit 4chan and give them the idea.  They're batting 1000 on getting the normies to bite and react to utter trolling.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 09:50:35 PM »
Hawkmoon;

Same here. If I didn’t disconnect from most of the crazy news (other than what I read about on here mostly) I’d go *expletive deleted*ing insane or have a heart attack from high blood pressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 12:12:05 AM »
That is partly why I use Twitter and a few other sources to get news.  I can at least pick and choose who I get news from and avoid some of the negative spin.  The TV news spins everything so it is either a national emergency or just conservatives=bad or both.  The amount of actual information in the news these days is very small. 

Also, there is so much news that the media covers very little that I end up seeing on sites like this.  If science/technical news isn't political, it gets very little mention.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 12:48:14 AM »
However, it seems like you often surround yourself with news stories that upset you.  You post here a lot about them.  Which is fine, do as you will.  But, personally, that's a lot of negativity you're letting into your life.  Why do this to yourself?  You can't meaningfully impact the direction of American culture.

Posting stuff like that helps to get rid of the negativity.  Beats letting it seethe within you.

And bear in mind that Hawkmoon is not making stuff up.  He is reiterating reports of zaniness by others.

Personally, seeing postings like that reinforces my opinion that the patients are taking over the asylum.

And whether or not there's an effect on the world situation remains to be seen.

Terry
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 05:54:08 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 09:30:34 AM »

Remember that back in the 80s   :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2019, 06:42:58 PM »
Remember that back in the 80s   :facepalm:

Madalyn Murray O’Hair is trying to cancel Touched By An Angel!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2019, 06:50:38 PM »
Madalyn Murray O’Hair is trying to cancel Touched By An Angel!

I went to parochial schools, I remember the petitions they wanted us students to pass around town to gather signatures to go against what she wanted to do.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2019, 12:23:55 AM »
I went to parochial schools, I remember the petitions they wanted us students to pass around town to gather signatures to go against what she wanted to do.

I don't recall hearing much about her, but legend has it, new petitions against her were still being circulated, post-mortem.

Fascinating that she was iced by one her fellow travelers.