Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Cold like this...

(1/3) > >>

K Frame:
demands chili.

I'm leaving work early to make a pot of chili for dinner tonight.

mtnbkr:
We got some great chili out of our Instant Pot the other night.  It tasted like it simmered all day, but only took an hour from start to finish.

Chris

K Frame:
Nice.

I've been looking at those instapots, but I already have a pressure cooker. Yeah, I know the instapot is more versatile and doesn't require as much tending, but it would be another piece of kit that I'd need to find storage for.

mtnbkr:
If you already have a pressure cooker, don't bother.  Yes, you'll have to manage it manually, but the IP doesn't do much you can't do in a traditional pressure cooker.  IMO, the IP is more suited to the pressure cooker novice. 

We got one because I mistakenly thought it was "smarter" and we didn't already have a pressure cooker.  I thought maybe you could program in multiple steps (sautee, then PC, then warm for example).  Turns out, it's nothing more than an electric PC with a timer.  Yes, it'll transition to "warm" automatically, but all other steps are manual and require your intervention.

Chris

K Frame:
"We got one because I mistakenly thought it was "smarter"

So... you were... dumber? :rofl:

Actually, I'm glad you said that, because looking at the various write ups on them over the last year or so, and the advertising at Amazon, that's exactly what I thought, as well.

So, I can effectively check the instant pot off my list of items to consider. And, I need to remember to order new seals for my pressure cooker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version