Author Topic: Can you out YoYo this YoYo Champ?  (Read 947 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Can you out YoYo this YoYo Champ?
« on: August 08, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Can you out YoYo this YoYo Champ?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »
After watching a few of the other videos on that page, the guys in the movie "Dodgeball" come to mind.  :laugh:

Still, one has to admire the coordination. I recall reading that the yo-yo was a weapon in the Philippines, but when I just checked to see if I remembered correctly, I saw varying articles ranging from yes, to "sort of" to no.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 11:43:19 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 11:40:52 AM »
I have had YoYos all my life and I still am no good at it.  There is a half dozen in my junk drawer right now, the Duncan wood ones...chris3

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 11:44:33 AM »
Are you telling me that the thing is supposed to go back up the string?  Seems I've been doing it wrong all these years.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »
At 1:24 my mind exploded  :O

How the . . .? I don't even . . .
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 10:13:58 PM »
Heh. I was in elementary school when the Yo-Yo craze reignited in the late '90s. Everybody had yo-yos on the playground, toy stories started carrying them again in large quantity and variety, and so on. I got a fancy one with an auto-return clutch and a steel roller bearing in the center...but could never do much with one.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 10:57:51 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 11:02:58 PM »
I remember when the yoyo craze came back lol. Reminds me of the Simpsons episode when that yoyo group goes to there school.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic