Author Topic: Black Friday (and pre Black Friday) deals  (Read 6402 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Black Friday (and pre Black Friday) deals
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2019, 01:08:13 PM »
Ha! That's the one that caught my eye too. You know more about them than me - what are your thoughts on components?

I think for the price it is a good buy, especially in kit form. I will get an ambi safety and a different charging handle from Brownell's but other than that I think it is ready to go the way it is.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2019, 03:25:04 PM »
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-mid-length-5-56-nato-1-7-nitride-15-lightweight-m-lok-classic-rifle-kit-with-mbus-sight-set.html
I think this is the rifle kit I bought a year or more ago.  It actually is a decently lightweight rifle and shoots pretty good.  However, I did get a different grip and an ALG trigger.

The only issue I remember is the bolt release piece was too wide to slot into my lower when I was installing the parts.  I ended up robbing another parts kit.  

This year I was considering their AR pistol kits.  Sames as the one above without the red dot.  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 07:09:53 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2019, 09:02:39 PM »
I'm very likely going to spring for a new TV in the 65" range along with a surround system and a wall mount after Christmas. I have enough Visa rewards points to cover almost all of it. Probably just going to get a Samsung from Best Buy.

If you get the samsung tv get the Samsung surround. The integrate and only need one remote.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2019, 06:07:08 AM »
Ha! That's the one that caught my eye too. You know more about them than me - what are your thoughts on components?

I can tell you that I have one of those SBA3 braces, and it's a real improvement on the older ones.  It's adjustable for length of …..uh brace I guess, so if your arms are longer or shorter it works well.  Also the rubber you brace against is pretty firm, so it works well and is not at all floppy, while still absorbing a little recoil.

All in all it's much easier to shoot with the A3 then the earlier ones.

That seems like a pretty decent kit.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2019, 08:25:50 AM »
I can tell you that I have one of those SBA3 braces, and it's a real improvement on the older ones.  It's adjustable for length of …..uh brace I guess, so if your arms are longer or shorter it works well.  Also the rubber you brace against is pretty firm, so it works well and is not at all floppy, while still absorbing a little recoil.

All in all it's much easier to shoot with the A3 then the earlier ones.

That seems like a pretty decent kit.

That's good to know as I've not delved into AR pistols as of yet, and the brace thing was a concern. It doesn't matter if the gun looks cool if it's uncomfortable for my gangly arms.

I'm getting really close to pulling the trigger on it, I think. I almost wish it didn't come with the Romeo 5. Not because I don't like it - I have one and really like it, but it would have been interesting to try something new. Though if I decide to blow dough on that Sig Canebrake, maybe I'll go whole hog there and get a higher end RD.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
Timberland has 30% off and free shipping w code GOBBLE19.
I just bought some casual all weather leather shoes like a hiker but low cut.

Still waiting with my credit card ready for somebody to offer a good deal (hello Northridge4x4?) on a warn winch for the front of the  JKUR. I have the cut out mopar 10A winch ready steel bumper.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2019, 08:29:53 PM »
Here is the deal you have all been waiting for.  The perfect Christmas Present all your friends and relatives.

https://shop.donaldjtrump.com/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ET_16&utm_campaign=20191124_18358_nov19-black-friday_officialtrumpcampaignstore_tmagac&utm_content=gop_merchandise_image_shop_main_other_all
35% off sale at the Trump store.  Use the discount code THANKFUL. 

Who wouldn't want this on their Christmas tree?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2019, 08:40:46 PM »
PSA had some things in their email today.  Federal has some rebate stuff going on which was most of it. 

Taurus G2C for $179 with rebate on top of that.  SCCY pistol for $150.

The had one of their AKs at $519, but it is already showing out of stock.  That prices is pretty good.  It did pretty good in the AK Operators Union testing. 
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psak-47-gf3-forged-moe-rifle-od-green.html?trk_msg=MEBSOSQOBNGKL44LR0LN6HK0F4&trk_contact=5HODPFHLQF1DBVN85D58FA3I1S&trk_sid=MUSD1C2OL8MV5V1B11V7LDPSF8&utm_source=Listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fpalmettostatearmory.com%2fpsak-47-gf3-forged-moe-rifle-od-green.html&utm_campaign=Daily+Deal&utm_content=12%3a00+Email

Their daily deals page has the current stuff.
https://palmettostatearmory.com/daily-deals-new.html

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2019, 07:43:34 AM »
I'll be hunting for a mountain bike frame online.  Wife's lost a lot of weight this year, and needs a lot of clothes.  I'll be hunting for a name brand jacket for her in an appropriate size.  And of all things, shoes.  A lot of her shoes don't fit right, so she needs some new shoes.

Reference the DNA:
Here's a vid explaining what it is and what it does
https://vimeo.com/374647298
It's at $100 off while supplies last.  They're moving really fast.
One of the members here has lost 60lbs this year.  He got started on slim+ which is also on black friday sale.  Helps curb appetite, great for staying out of the snacks.
Also, Day and Night cream is bogo.  Makes a really good gift for some of the women in your life. 

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2019, 02:13:39 PM »
Well crap.
My wife just bought $4500 worth of new kitchen appliances on super sale with rebates.
And I just got the email with Black Friday pricing on the warn winch I want for the Jeep for $670. With synthetic line.
No way is she going to go along with it.
Married life means never getting to say I want it and I’m buying it anyway.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2019, 01:29:45 AM »

Reference the DNA:
Here's a vid explaining what it is and what it does
https://vimeo.com/374647298
It's at $100 off while supplies last.  They're moving really fast.
One of the members here has lost 60lbs this year.  He got started on slim+ which is also on black friday sale.  Helps curb appetite, great for staying out of the snacks.
Also, Day and Night cream is bogo.  Makes a really good gift for some of the women in your life. 

64 as of Thanksgiving Morning's 5K.  ;)

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2019, 01:32:00 AM »
If you're into gaming, the Epic Games store has some decent sales through the 2nd.  I got Metro Exodus for $20, and Borderlands 3 for $40.  Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Outer Worlds are 20% and 25% respectivly.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2019, 07:51:05 AM »
64 as of Thanksgiving Morning's 5K.  ;)

Killing it!  Nice work my man!

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2019, 08:39:55 AM »
I asked Mrs Santa for a good pair of winter cycling shoes.  Scouring the net for deals rn.
JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2019, 09:26:14 AM »
Scored a name brand coat the wife wanted for about 1/2 what she told me it would cost yesterday.  Actually got her that and another coat for $60 less total than what the one coat was supposed to cost lol

After a movie yesterday the step mom wanted to stop at best buy. Picked up wireless speakers for the living room with a sound bar for $140 total.  Decent sound, I could tell it helps my wife and MIL having the surround.
JD

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2019, 09:49:14 PM »
Not sure who has some extra money lying around to spend on a pricey 308 semi-auto.  I got this email Thursday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!  

The rifle pictured is an XCR-M with a Mini length Keymod upper, a 16" .308 barrel, our two slot muzzle brake, and our FAST3 fully-adjustable folding stock.  We have a very limited quantity of these rifles that we can offer for a very reduced price of $1895.  

You can choose a heavy or light contour barrel.  Black is the standard color for $150 more you can get it it Olive Drab, Flat Dark Earth, or Sniper Grey.  We have a few .243 barrels also if you'd prefer that caliber.  NO OTHER SUBSTITUTIONS.  This offer is good through Dec 2nd at 4pm MST.  First come, first serve.  Email us at sales@robarm.com to reserve.  Have a great weekend!

To learn more about the XCR, visit our website.   https://www.robinsonarmament.com

Note:  The XCR was designed and is built in the US without government assistance by a Robinson Armament Co., a US company owned by US Citizens.
Brownells had the same rifle on sale for about $2000.  Not sure if their black friday discount codes added to that or not.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2019, 10:13:37 PM »
I bought one of the $59.99 gong targets from Cabela's online with free shipping. They are still available.

Also bought a recliner at the store at $200 off $500, so $300 total. Not too bad for the TV room.

Local Cabela's had a doorbuster for a Savage bolt gun with scope for $199. Sure the scope is worthless and it's a bottom-rung gun, but $199 is the cheapest I ever saw for a new 308.

Sportsman warehouse had a deal on AR pistols but I didn't go there because if I had, I might have bought one.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2019, 10:21:22 PM »
https://www.ar500armor.com/targets.html
AR500 Armor sells steel targets and has them on sale.  I think they have a 25% off sale going right now.  All their steel targets are 1/2" AR500 steel.  I have some and they have held up to rifle and pistol well.
BLACKFRIDAY is the code to use at checkout.

https://youtu.be/l7UYXXuX4l0
Late Boy Scout was able to hit a 1000 yard target with a Savage Axis II. 

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2019, 07:45:54 AM »
If you get the samsung tv get the Samsung surround. The integrate and only need one remote.

That is VERY much the intention. I'm tired of having 72 freaking remotes for everything.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2019, 08:34:00 AM »
That is VERY much the intention. I'm tired of having 72 freaking remotes for everything.

I can say we are very pleased with our Samsung TV and Samsung surround sound.

We went with a soundbar, wireless subwoofer, and two wireless satellite speakers. I haven't noticed any issues with lag on the wireless speakers at all (something older wireless speakers were known for.)

The only complaint I have is it isn't as good as our wired system in the main room. Of course, We have a 7.0 surround sound system with a significant amount more wattage, so I wasn't really expecting it to be comparable.

On to the main topic of the thread: for "retro" gaming, Gamestop is having sales on their older generation gaming systems.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2019, 09:45:57 AM »
"I can say we are very pleased with our Samsung TV and Samsung surround sound."

I've had two Samsung TVs, an old 32" tube TV and now my current 2008-model year HD flat screen. Both have given incredibly good service.

Castle Key has several Samsung TVs, including one of the high end LEDs... The picture on that one is absolutely stunning. We watched the Alabama-Auburn game on Saturday (possibly the best college game I have ever seen, and I don't like either team) and there were times when it felt as if I were on the field.

He also has a Samsung sound bar, but not the wireless rear speakers. Oddly, there are times when the sound and the picture are slightly out of synch. Reminds me of one of those overdubbed 1950s Japanese Samurai movies.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »
A pro/con on the Samsung soundbar:

I got one for my last Samsung TV, both because  I was already pleased with Samsung and wanted the integration to the TV remote.

The Soundbar/wireless woofer had excellent sound quality - really let me hear some of those mid-range "people talking" sounds that got muffled on the TV speakers. The con was that for some inexplicable reason, the soundbar would randomly change the audio input. I'd be watching a program, then suddenly silence. Then I'd have to get up, figure out where I stashed the soundbar remote (because you can't switch soundbar input on the TV remote) and switch back to the soundbar's audio input.

None of that came up in reviews when I bought the thing, but when I started looking at the issue, reviews a year later had dropped from five star to three star specifically because of that glitch, and apparently it was common in many Samsung soundbar systems.

I haven't purchased a soundbar for my new Samsung yet, but I'll be doing some extra research and maybe buying one that has been out for at least a year, so some other suckers can find out if it has any glitches.  :laugh:

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2019, 09:55:44 AM »
A pro/con on the Samsung soundbar:

I got one for my last Samsung TV, both because  I was already pleased with Samsung and wanted the integration to the TV remote.

The Soundbar/wireless woofer had excellent sound quality - really let me hear some of those mid-range "people talking" sounds that got muffled on the TV speakers. The con was that for some inexplicable reason, the soundbar would randomly change the audio input. I'd be watching a program, then suddenly silence. Then I'd have to get up, figure out where I stashed the soundbar remote (because you can't switch soundbar input on the TV remote) and switch back to the soundbar's audio input.

None of that came up in reviews when I bought the thing, but when I started looking at the issue, reviews a year later had dropped from five star to three star specifically because of that glitch, and apparently it was common in many Samsung soundbar systems.

I haven't purchased a soundbar for my new Samsung yet, but I'll be doing some extra research and maybe buying one that has been out for at least a year, so some other suckers can find out if it has any glitches.  :laugh:

I can tell you ours doesn't randomly switch. However, we do manually switch it fairly often as we play our record player through the Bluetooth input on the soundbar and wireless surround. (Yes, you read that right.)

Since we do switch the input at times, that may be a reason it won't randomly switch. Just keeping it on one input may cause the issue.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought