Author Topic: Branson for adults  (Read 274 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Branson for adults
« on: January 19, 2024, 05:05:19 PM »
Can two people in their 40s with no children have fun at Branson? My wife wants to go there this spring. She's been a couple of times over the past several years. I haven't been since I was a kid, and when I look up the events/attractions there, I don't see much that interests me, or if it does, it's spendy. Steal Your Dollar Silly is a pricey ticket, and only ye olde time handicrafts would really interest me, I think.

Have you been, and what did you like about it?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
Re: Branson for adults
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 05:22:21 PM »
I like Silver Dollar City.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 06:05:19 PM »
I was there in 1997 at 23 years old, I enjoyed the shows. I hated the traffic and the crowds at Silver Dollar City. Not sure how it is now.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 11:06:10 PM »
Sorry Perd.  It has been so long, I don't remember the last time I went.  Probably 30 years ago.
The best show (that is no longer there!) was Harold Bell Wright's "Shepherd of the Hills".
And, as Charby said, the crowds at SDC were horrible, even back then.  Now, after pandemic lockdowns, it is likely even worse.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2024, 12:51:04 AM »
Sorry Perd.  It has been so long, I don't remember the last time I went.  Probably 30 years ago.
The best show (that is no longer there!) was Harold Bell Wright's "Shepherd of the Hills".
And, as Charby said, the crowds at SDC were horrible, even back then.  Now, after pandemic lockdowns, it is likely even worse.

I believe they brought back The Shepherd of the Hills.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 07:26:24 AM »
I don’t think you are old enough for Branson yet.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2024, 09:05:52 PM »
About 35 years ago, in Wood River IL, my wife's grandmother was murdered. Guy wandered into her house and did her in.

Today in Branson MO, we were outside the Farmhouse Restaurant, waiting to be seated, and the woman sitting next to us was a witness in the case. She saw the guy jump over the back fence.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2024, 10:13:54 PM »
About 35 years ago, in Wood River IL, my wife's grandmother was murdered. Guy wandered into her house and did her in.

Today in Branson MO, we were outside the Farmhouse Restaurant, waiting to be seated, and the woman sitting next to us was a witness in the case. She saw the guy jump over the back fence.

WOW!  That's freaky.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”