Author Topic: Why do cops need APC's and machine guns? Those darn veterans  (Read 4206 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Re: Why do cops need APC's and machine guns? Those darn veterans
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2014, 11:50:59 AM »
Don't forget, Gas grenades seem to have a tendency to burn down whatever building they are fired into.

It's a wonder cops don't use them more often, based on how much they seem to like burning people to death.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »
Don't forget, Gas grenades seem to have a tendency to burn down whatever building they are fired into.

Yea....forgot 'bout that.  Just make sure the house belongs to a democrat before using them, then fire 'way! >:D >:D >:D [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »
Firing with blanks requirs a restrictor in the barrel to cycle the weapon.  These have to be removed in order to fire live ammo.  This might not be so  ... "convenient" in a SHTF situation.  In addition the perp might realize there were no bullet strikes.

How noticeable would bullet strikes on a concrete wall be compared to an AR rapid firing from across a residential street?  From the description, he wouldn't have been able to see the impact area anyway.

Gas grenade sounds viable unless there's someone inside with asthma or other respiratory problems.

If not known, then it's a more acceptable risk than live rifle ammo in a residential area, IMO.  If known, then it's down to a case-by-case call.

Then have Pepperballs as a closer range option.  How much can it possibly cost to add these to a SWAT team's vehicle loadout?  $150/officer, assuming they don't already have their own paintball guns?  For that matter, aren't there some ranges with what amounts to a tank drone doing paintball shootback?  Load it up with Pepperballs, and it sounds like a great little robot to have any time there's a threat that isn't armored, and a heck of a lot cheaper than heavy duty military hardware.  (Looks like they also offer a solid nylon ball specifically intended to break residential windows, so you could even have a few of those up front in the robot's load.)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2014, 12:40:04 PM »
Blanks designed for the AR15 platform used with the proper BFA do not sound like live ammo.

Suppresso-Cop is a nitwit, plain and simple.  Unless organized as a militia to repel foreign invasion, and in the middle of doing so, suppressive fire by LEOs is contraindicated.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2014, 12:46:31 PM »
Blanks designed for the AR15 platform used with the proper BFA do not sound like live ammo.

Suppresso-Cop is a nitwit, plain and simple.  Unless organized as a militia to repel foreign invasion, and in the middle of doing so, suppressive fire by LEOs is contraindicated.

Why do you hate cops? They're just trying to go home at the end of their shift. And they don't generally live in the neighborhoods where they're recklessly firing hundreds of unaimed rounds in the general vicinity of the alleged bad guy so...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »
How noticeable would bullet strikes on a concrete wall be compared to an AR rapid firing from across a residential street?  From the description, he wouldn't have been able to see the impact area anyway.

Pretty dang noticable. Blanks don't really sound like gunfire from either end.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 01:59:05 PM »

OK, let me rephrase the question; is the average holed-up looney going to know the difference?  Frankly, if someone points a gunlike thing at me and it makes a noise substantially like bang, I'm going to assume it's a real gun firing real bullets until something very convincing shows me otherwise.  Maybe while working up the AAR, I'll ponder why his .44 Marlin sounded more like a .380, but that's not something I'll devote much time to while it's still going bang.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 02:43:24 PM »
In case anyone hasn't noticed, a vet went on a killing spree in Sandy Hook.  And columbine. And the movie theatre. And LA.  And...oh...wait....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”