Author Topic: New gun control law considered in Lancaster County  (Read 1172 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
New gun control law considered in Lancaster County
« on: January 21, 2012, 08:43:17 AM »
http://lancasteronline.com/article/local/569443_Penn-explores-firearms-law.html

Some knucklehead does shooting on his quarter acre property, apparently in an unsafe manner.  It's not illegal, just stupid.  So now the township pretty much has to pass an ordinance.  But not infringe on the not stupid people.  Can't say I disagree with the need here. 

The quoted comments both for and against are quite reasonable.

Supervisor chairman Dave Sarley asked residents why they think few municipalities have firearms ordinances, and someone answered, "Because of all the farmlands."

"No," Sarley said, "because we all have guns."

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: New gun control law considered in Lancaster County
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:58:29 AM »
I like the Front Sight ad that is on the top of the page.  Irony at it best. :laugh:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 09:54:29 AM »
What I see lacking in the story is proof this person is doing this. I think they could find some negligence charge or something if the shooter is shooting into other properties and across a road.

I wonder if some people living in the area just don't like the sound of gun fire and another law is the way to fix it.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 12:27:12 AM »
It is pretty common to have a city ordinance making firearm discharge inside the city limits illegal.  If a township is highly built up, it would be an obvious move.  However, as always there are a few that screw it up for the rest of us.  We all know that the bad guys don't pay attention to laws.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 01:16:49 AM »
It's not illegal, just stupid. 

...into other people's properties, trees, and across the road.

Not illegal?  ???

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen