Author Topic: Social Security Observation  (Read 9158 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Social Security Observation
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 02:02:04 AM »
<----- Gets SSDI.

Yes, for the love of everything that is holy, throw my ass off SSDI and put me back on Mutual of Ummmmaha's DI. You can keep every farking dime I paid into SS.

Screaming at Mutual of Ummmmmmaha's clerks and jerks gets results.  They llive in fear of me stepping on their foreheads and going to their supervisors, bosses, and the CEO.

Screaming at the SS moridiots is like yelling at a concrete wall.  In fact yelling at a concrete wall is more productive.   The SS moridiots, just try to out wait you in the hope that you either a) die; or b) get so sick that you can't call them anymore; or c) just give it up as a lost cause.  

[ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]

Let me know when the Revolution starts, I'm soooooo there.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:27:17 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 02:20:55 AM »
Pretty much what it's come to, a Claire Wolfe moment. In my case, $17K is not much now. Maybe if I had it I woulda blown it. But in tough times $17K or the stuff you bought sold for a big loss is time, that's all it is. Time for you to delay and plan so you can put off or avoid the morning you wake up and can't feed your kid anything. Tough decisions happen then. I just hope I catch wind of my TSP confiscation so I can dump it in time. SSA took my time from me, they owe me, never going to get it back. I KNOW see my first post, I knew then before you all told me.

Doesn't mean I'm not keeping score.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 11:51:36 AM »
<----- Gets SSDI.

Yes, for the love of everything that is holy, throw my ass off SSDI and put me back on Mutual of Ummmmaha's DI. You can keep every farking dime I paid into SS.

Screaming at Mutual of Ummmmmmaha's clerks and jerks gets results.  They llive in fear of me stepping on their foreheads and going to their supervisors, bosses, and the CEO.

Screaming at the SS moridiots is like yelling at a concrete wall.  In fact yelling at a concrete wall is more productive.   The SS moridiots, just try to out wait you in the hope that you either a) die; or b) get so sick that you can't call them anymore; or c) just give it up as a lost cause.  

[ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15] [ar15]

Let me know when the Revolution starts, I'm soooooo there.

^^^^ is high on my list of why i don't want obamacare
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

P5 Guy

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
Well, I don't know about all of the above. I do know that our Uncle Sugar took money from my paycheck, to the tune of $60k and made my various bosses pitch in an equal amount. It went to my parents generation and I had little say as to that happening.
Call it a Pyramid/Ponzi con or whatever you'd like. How would this boomer get restitution for this crime? ???

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 12:36:48 PM »
How would this boomer get restitution for this crime? ???
Take it up with the politicians you guys put into office over the past 4 or 5 decades.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2011, 12:42:10 PM »
Well, I don't know about all of the above. I do know that our Uncle Sugar took money from my paycheck, to the tune of $60k and made my various bosses pitch in an equal amount. It went to my parents generation and I had little say as to that happening.
Call it a Pyramid/Ponzi con or whatever you'd like. How would this boomer get restitution for this crime? ???

You wont. And that's just the point. Expecting restitution is the equivalent of expecting "whats yours," and neither is a plausible outcome when the Restitution/What's Yours is already gone. Actually, I take that back, there is a plausible way (and this is actually the current standard) to get you "restitution," for the crime committed against you. This way is by committing more crimes against your children, grand children and the progeny of your neighbors and countrymen, stealing from them to pay yourself back. Does that sound like an agreeable solution to you?

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2011, 02:46:19 PM »
Take it up with the politicians you guys put into office over the past 4 or 5 decades.

If one more person lumps all of the people in "my generation" together again, I'm going to get really *expletive deleted* off. I and others in my generation fought it every bit as hard as anyone.

[reason for edit: language filter doesn't work too well]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:50:33 PM by Monkeyleg »

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 03:27:48 PM »
part of trouble is the expansion of the program to include dependents and disability claim increases
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 03:37:56 PM »
If one more person lumps all of the people in "my generation" together again, I'm going to get really *expletive deleted* off. I and others in my generation fought it every bit as hard as anyone.

So what are you arguing?  That you are not part of that generation?  That the generation in question didn't do those things?

Hey, my generation more or less put Obama in office.  Doesn't mean I voted for him, or had any control over the outcome.  Didn't matter one bit what I believed - it's the whole that makes the decisions.  Regardless, I'm part of the superset that did it.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 04:06:02 PM »
part of trouble is the expansion of the program to include dependents and disability claim increases
And remember when the last administration was going to open an SS office in Mexico City to provide help to illegals in collecting THEIR benefits after being deported?  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 04:09:58 PM »
So what are you arguing?  That you are not part of that generation?  That the generation in question didn't do those things?

Hey, my generation more or less put Obama in office.  Doesn't mean I voted for him, or had any control over the outcome.  Didn't matter one bit what I believed - it's the whole that makes the decisions.  Regardless, I'm part of the superset that did it.

No, I'm not arguing that I"m not part of that generation. I'm arguing that it's insulting to use such a broad brush to lay blame at anyone's feet based solely upon their age. You're no more responsible for electing Obama than my father was for electing Reagan.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
No, I'm not arguing that I"m not part of that generation. I'm arguing that it's insulting to use such a broad brush to lay blame at anyone's feet based solely upon their age. You're no more responsible for electing Obama than my father was for electing Reagan.

And yet, if I HAD voted for Obama, would I be any more responsible for his election then if I hadn't?  My one vote wouldn't have changed the outcome in my state.

What you and I do in isolation doesn't matter one iota.  Our personal political beliefs are moot.  It literally makes no difference at all.  I submit that I wouldn't be more responsible for electing Obama if I had voted for him.

It's all about what the larger group does.  The public opinion, the summation.  1 in 10?  Has a good chance of making a difference in a group decision.  1 in 2,818,747?  Not at all.

Just sayin'

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »
So all of the German people were responsible for the Holocaust, even those who tried to save the lives of Jews? And all blacks are responsible for black-on-black crime? And all Hispanics are responsible for illegal immigration?

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:18 PM »
I really like SS threads.  Gives me a sense of deja vu all over again.  I entered the workforce mid-70's and shortly thereafter figgered SS for the ponzi scam it was.  My argumentation in the mid-70's was very similar to that of HTG only verbs were future tense.   Our betters thought it a good idea to allow tax deferred retirement saving about the same time and graciously created IRA's.  Now at that time information moved at a snail's pace.  Media was something less than fully informative about the true nature of IRAs.  Word got out fed.gov was willing to let workers out of SS if they had an IRA.  Federales were swamped with requests to opt out.  I sent in my request to the SS administration, my senators, and rep.  It wasn't long before news reports were aired correcting the misunderstanding.

I've known since entering the workforce this day would arrive and I've prepared my two daughters for it.  I've told them at some point SS will go belly up and the only response fed.gov will implement will be to tax the ever lovin' snot out of them to pay for me.  My daughters were told in no uncertain terms to never, ever submit to that kind of tyranny.  There is only one way out of this mess and it will be morally unacceptable.  The system, and by that I mean the financial system, will have to collapse to ultimately fix it.  Slavery for my children is not an acceptable solution.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
I really like SS threads.  Gives me a sense of deja vu all over again.  I entered the workforce mid-70's and shortly thereafter figgered SS for the ponzi scam it was.  My argumentation in the mid-70's was very similar to that of HTG only verbs were future tense.   Our betters thought it a good idea to allow tax deferred retirement saving about the same time and graciously created IRA's.  Now at that time information moved at a snail's pace.  Media was something less than fully informative about the true nature of IRAs.  Word got out fed.gov was willing to let workers out of SS if they had an IRA.  Federales were swamped with requests to opt out.  I sent in my request to the SS administration, my senators, and rep.  It wasn't long before news reports were aired correcting the misunderstanding.

I've known since entering the workforce this day would arrive and I've prepared my two daughters for it.  I've told them at some point SS will go belly up and the only response fed.gov will implement will be to tax the ever lovin' snot out of them to pay for me.  My daughters were told in no uncertain terms to never, ever submit to that kind of tyranny.  There is only one way out of this mess and it will be morally unacceptable.  The system, and by that I mean the financial system, will have to collapse to ultimately fix it.  Slavery for my children is not an acceptable solution.

You know the sad part? People like you, your family, members of this board, me...we are the few who truley realize what is going to happen to SS and the rest of the .gov gravy train. I've tried to warn others, talked till I'm blue in the face, but am called stupid, paranoid, etc, you name it for not believing the .gov lie. These are the people who, when Big Government goes broke, will come after us to pay for it so they can have what they believe to be theirs.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 07:54:55 PM »
Never mind.

• friends
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 08:32:11 PM »
we are the few who truley realize what is going to happen

heard lines like that before... more than once!  now if i could just remember where...... >:D [popcorn]

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 08:47:17 PM »
So all of the German people were responsible for the Holocaust, even those who tried to save the lives of Jews? And all blacks are responsible for black-on-black crime? And all Hispanics are responsible for illegal immigration?

red herrings.

I resign from the discussion.  We can agree to disagree.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 10:27:22 PM »
Actually, I think we'll resign the discussion.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."