Author Topic: 18 year old illegal alien kills self over failed DREAM Act  (Read 10441 times)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: 18 year old illegal alien kills self over failed DREAM Act
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 11:04:44 PM »
Guess we need a new law that makes it illegal for teenage illegal aliens to get a gun and commit suicide......maybe something with a life sentence mandatory........

;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »
Well............ Bye.

To quote from the Barney Frank thread....

I foresee getting a lot of millage out of that jpg. (And yes, I'm feeling like an ornery cuss right now, how could you tell?)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 02:44:44 AM »
can we still deport him anyway?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 09:04:15 AM »
The numbers are hard to pin down, but I've seen credible estimates that the cost of educating illegal aliens (grades K-12) in Texas runs somewhere between 1 and 4 billion dollars a year. Subsidized college education (illegals get to pay discounted tuition rates thanks to Rick Perry) costs more.

Then there's the cost to medicate and incarcerate illegals . . .

I'm not shedding any tears over the suicide of an illegal alien; some may think it harsh, but I'm more of the "good riddance" mindset.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2011, 09:22:37 AM »
The only way the welfare state can even pretend to be sustainable is if the demographics show enough population growth.

Without the influx from Mexico I doubt we would have the population growth we currently have. The USA would probably look more like the failing European states in that regard.

The illegal immigrant "problem" shouldn't be as high on the list of concerns as dismantling the welfare state. Immigration is a good thing as long as you are attracting folks with the right kind of character.   

Those who are attracted to the land of the free will be different from those who are attracted to the land of entitlements.

There is a lot of thinly disguised xenophobia in this forum. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 09:29:22 AM »
The only way the welfare state can even pretend to be sustainable is if the demographics show enough population growth.

Without the influx from Mexico I doubt we would have the population growth we currently have. The USA would probably look more like the failing European states in that regard.
.............There is a lot of thinly disguised xenophobia in this forum. 

A big reason why Americans don't have larger families is because of economic reasons. These economic reasons are artificial and are part of government social engineering.
A lot of well educated people would have an extra child or two if they weren't paying the extra $20-30K per year into the welfare state to subsidize the 'population growth' of people in the lower economic strata.
Too many resources are wasted on the lowest common denominator in our country.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 10:47:59 AM »

The illegal immigrant "problem" shouldn't be as high on the list of concerns as dismantling the welfare state. Immigration is a good thing as long as you are attracting folks with the right kind of character.   

Those who are attracted to the land of the free will be different from those who are attracted to the land of entitlements.

So ....the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (the ones who sneak in under the "radar" thus violating American law) are "the right kind of character???"

Yeah ... I know most just want a better life.  I suppose the ones who followed the law, did it the hard way, and came here legally didn't want a better life? 
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 10:53:31 AM »

QFT.

Fix our "give away the farm" entitlement programs, and you'll see a significant shift in immigration demographics, and dare I say it, quality of the immigrant population.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 11:02:25 AM »
So ....the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS (the ones who sneak in under the "radar" thus violating American law) are "the right kind of character???"

Yeah ... I know most just want a better life.  I suppose the ones who followed the law, did it the hard way, and came here legally didn't want a better life?  

This is exactly what burns my crank.
I work with and have worked with a lot of highly educated  and very productive foreigners from Eastern Europe/Asia who have to jump through hoop after hoop after bureaucratic hoop in order to become citizens here, yet we have people who make appologies for those who sneak across the border illegally and expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter after thhey throw down an anchor baby.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 12:35:19 PM »

Xenophobia is a bad thing.  Xenophilia is worse, far, far worse.  That means a preference for the alien, a preference for those who do not advance American principles and ideals.  America is more than a job faire, it is about liberty.   A "better life" that involves illegal trespass, ongoing law-breaking, and taking from America citizens represents a "worse" life for Americans.  We are not here to help foreigners at our own expense.  The term "xenophobia" is just a way of never discussing the real issue: the cultural impact of immigration, both legal and illegal, on American society, culture, economy, and, most of all, values.  The impact has been huge, transformative in my lifetime.  Maybe real Americans would have more children if they weren't so busy paying for the children of people who shouldn't be here in the first place.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 03:05:30 PM »
Xenophobia is a bad thing.  Xenophilia is worse, far, far worse.  That means a preference for the alien, a preference for those who do not advance American principles and ideals. 
Theodore Roosevelt addressed the issue of foreigners who don't assimilate - and don't become ". . . an American and nothing else" - back in 1915. 
. . . There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. This is just as true of the man who puts "native" before the hyphen as of the man who puts German or Irish or English or French before the hyphen. Americanism is a matter of the spirit and of the soul. Our allegiance must be purely to the United States. We must unsparingly condemn any man who holds any other allegiance. But if he is heartily and singly loyal to this Republic, then no matter where he was born, he is just as good an American as any one else.

The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic. The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American. There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

For an American citizen to vote as a German-American, an Irish-American, or an English-American, is to be a traitor to American institutions; and those hyphenated Americans who terrorize American politicians by threats of the foreign vote are engaged in treason to the American Republic.

- Theodore Roosevelt
I think we can condemn those who add Mexican-, Arab-, Bolivian-, Chinese-, and every other nationality ahead of "American" to the few that Roosevelt mentioned.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »
This is just as true of the man who puts "native" before the hyphen
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 03:09:46 PM »
Theodore Roosevelt addressed the issue of foreigners who don't assimilate - and don't become ". . . an American and nothing else" - back in 1915.   I think we can condemn those who add Mexican-, Arab-, Bolivian-, Chinese-, and every other nationality ahead of "American" to the few that Roosevelt mentioned.

Even "Kenyan" or "Indonesian." =(
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »
This is just as true of the man who puts "native" before the hyphen

Well, unless they really are  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 05:04:09 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal-government/house-bill-ends-country-limits-for-skilled-workers-seeking-visas/2011/11/29/gIQA7BQ99N_story.html

WASHINGTON — The House voted Tuesday to end per-country caps on worker-based immigration visas, a move that should benefit skilled Indian and Chinese residents seeking to stay in the United States and the high-tech companies who hire them.

The legislation, which passed 389-15, was a rare example of bipartisan accord on immigration, an issue that largely has been avoided during the current session of Congress because of the political sensitivities involved.

The measure would eliminate the current law that says employment-based visas to any one country can’t exceed 7 percent of the total number of such visas given out. Instead, permanent residence visas or green cards would be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.

The bill, said its sponsor, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, “does encourage high-skilled immigrants who were educated in the U.S. to stay and help build our economy rather than using the skills they learned here to aid our competitor nations.”

Currently, the State Department issues about 140,000 such green cards a year to foreign nationals working in the United States, often after getting degrees from U.S. universities.

The bill also changes family-based visa limits from 7 percent per country to 15 percent per country, an adjustment that could slightly ease the backlog for naturalized citizens, particularly from Mexico and the Philippines, trying to bring relatives into the country.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »
Drain on the treasury, for openers.

But where I live the issue is cultural blight if I may be so blunt.  Show me a heavily illegal alien-populated area and I'll show you a place you don't want to hang out. 

For every DREAM valedictorian there are 50 500 kids tatt'd up and flashing gang signs.  That is the reality whatever you may wish to believe.  The issue is not the education they would like to get, it's the education they have destroyed for others, for American kids, in school district after school district.  You can start with LAUSD if you need an example.

We have friends who teach in the local public school systems.  500:1 thug:valedictorian is a generous estimate.

Add DISD.  It is estimated roughly 1/3 the kids are illegals and more are anchor babies.  It is not like we didn't already have poor kids who could use those resources.

A big reason why Americans don't have larger families is because of economic reasons. These economic reasons are artificial and are part of government social engineering.
A lot of well educated people would have an extra child or two if they weren't paying the extra $20-30K per year into the welfare state to subsidize the 'population growth' of people in the lower economic strata.
Too many resources are wasted on the lowest common denominator in our country.

This. With bells on it.  We stopped at two because that was all we could afford to send to private school.  My federal taxes alone would pay the annual tuition of another two kids and my annual property taxes (most of which get dumped into the local gov't schools) would pay for yet another child's tuition.  State & local sales taxes?  You guessed it, roughly equivalent to another child's tuition.  We subsidize the foreign and the feeble-minded at the expense of the native and the able.

And it is not like we go crazy with the consumer spending, that gets a going-over, too.  Up until April of this year, I drove a 14YO pickup with 175k miles and only stopped driving it and replaced it with a 6YO car because a gal ran into it and totaled it.  My wife's is a 5YO auto with 180k miles.  We live in a decent neighborhood in a house 1/2 the size of the average new built house.  The Joneses have lapped us, but we hope to have kids who stay off the crack pipe and off the brass pole instead of new autos and a big house.

There is a lot of thinly disguised xenophobia folks who resent taking it in the shorts for the benefit of law-breaking invaders and their enablers in this forum.

There, that is more accurate.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 10:44:04 PM »
For the record, I have no problem supporting shutting down the borders and kicking out the riff raff.

Most of the illegals are not riff raff.

A growing economy (even with a limited safety net provided by the government) could easily provide work for them and us IMHO.

Privatizing education would go a long ways toward helping assimilation.

That said, the rot from within is only being exploited by those who sneak in, it is not caused by nor should they be the focus of our energy.

Reversing the European welfare state instituted as our new normal is more pressing.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 12:49:09 AM »
For the record, I have no problem supporting shutting down the borders and kicking out the riff raff.

Most of the illegals are not riff raff.

A growing economy (even with a limited safety net provided by the government) could easily provide work for them and us IMHO.

Privatizing education would go a long ways toward helping assimilation.

That said, the rot from within is only being exploited by those who sneak in, it is not caused by nor should they be the focus of our energy.

Reversing the European welfare state instituted as our new normal is more pressing.

Yeah, but they are all costing me plenty, "riff raff" or no(1).

Most illegals will never, ever make enough to pay just the cost to the taxpayer from gov't services.  Even for fully taxed American citizens, the "in the wagon" vs "pulling the wagon" cutoff is ~$40k/year.  We do not want to make more jobs for 19th century laborers in our 21st century economy. 

I hear the "end the welfare state, don't go after illegals" from libertarians a lot.  They never think that illegals are the first, easiest step on that road.  If we can't move them off and out, how in the world do they think we can wrest Americans off the gov't teat?

Those of us pulling the wagon and paying the taxes want relief, pronto.

(1) Second and third gen immigrants from south of the border are more likely than their illegal or legal parents to be riff raff, have bastard children, etc.  When the assimilate, they assimilate into the wrong American subculture it seems.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 10:27:47 AM »
When the assimilate, they assimilate into the wrong American subculture it seems.

haole speak much truth