Author Topic: Libertarian convention speech ends in strip tease  (Read 3700 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Libertarian convention speech ends in strip tease
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 10:33:35 AM »
A college buddy of mine said the LP motto should be, "Pot for twelve year olds."  I, of course, defended them from such calumny; saying that age restrictions on liberty (both ways) were perfectly consistent with LP doctrine.

Looks like he is still wrong, given that the motto ought to be, "_Heroin_ for _five_ year olds."

Now, if one wanders down the _logical_ path that restricting the sale of heroin by adults to consenting 5YOs is wrong, there are not too many stops to get to the destination (or merely another stop?) where restricting sexual activity by adults to consenting 5YOs is wrong.

So, perhaps the LP motto logically ought to be, "The Libertarian Party: Using Your Children To Satisfy Our Base Desires Since 1971."

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 10:42:17 AM »
A college buddy of mine said the LP motto should be, "Pot for twelve year olds."  I, of course, defended them from such calumny; saying that age restrictions on liberty (both ways) were perfectly consistent with LP doctrine.

Looks like he is still wrong, given that the motto ought to be, "_Heroin_ for _five_ year olds."

Now, if one wanders down the _logical_ path that restricting the sale of heroin by adults to consenting 5YOs is wrong, there are not too many stops to get to the destination (or merely another stop?) where restricting sexual activity by adults to consenting 5YOs is wrong.

So, perhaps the LP motto logically ought to be, "The Libertarian Party: Using Your Children To Satisfy Our Base Desires Since 1971."

;/

And the SoCON motto ought to be "banning you from doing stuff since we landed on plymouth rock"

People like you are just as dangerous to liberty as the average liberal.

I love how your default is that libertarianisim is all about pedophilia, with your insinuation being that libertarians are therefore pedos.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:16:31 AM by jamisjockey »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 10:46:27 AM »
The war on drugs has killed more kids than drugs have.

Nice little insinuation there, rooster. You're a classy mother *expletive deleted*er
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 11:25:21 AM »
;/

And the SoCON motto ought to be "banning you from doing stuff since we landed on plymouth rock"

People like you are just as dangerous to liberty as the average liberal.

Still, it is nice to know where the sentiments of the LP lay on the matter of pot, er, _herion_ for 5YOs.

Odd fact of history that ought to give pause to those enamored of theory:
America and Americans had more liberty and smaller gov't when it was run, in the main, by so-cons.  The correlation between culturally conservative governance and liberty is largely positive, whereas the correlation between culturally libertarian governance and liberty is largely negative.

Turns out there is a difference between an objective view of history and an Objectivist view of history.

The war on drugs has killed more kids than drugs have.

Nice little insinuation there, rooster. You're a classy mother *expletive deleted*er

Insinuation, hell.  It is mere deductive reasoning shorn of socially conservative restrictions.

Libertarians are awfully fond of theory, logic, and Reason; to the exclusion of traditional moral arguments.  It is entirely reasonable to use logic to suss out where LP ideology will lead, given the empirical evidence we have been provided:
1. Libertarians categorically oppose restricting both drug and sexual activity (documented in countless places).
2. Libertarians oppose age restrictions on drug activity (see article referenced in top post).
3. Therefore, Libertarians oppose age restrictions on sexual activity.

IOW:
1. A-->B
2. B-->C
3. Therefore, A-->C

Simple logical syllogism.  The logic holds.  Unless you want to toss in some extra-logical trump card such as appeal to authority/morality/tradition that somehow invalidates/overrides the logic (and also restricts the liberty of consenting participants).
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:26 AM »
Still, it is nice to know where the sentiments of the LP lay on the matter of pot, er, _herion_ for 5YOs.
  More and more government laws and an expanded war on drugs

FTFY
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:38 AM »
Or, you're deliberately being a *wow such a strong word to use, check your anger at the door*
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2016, 11:30:38 AM »
Or, you're deliberately being a *wow such a strong word to use, check your anger at the door*

Hmm, I don't see much in that argument to counter the logical syllogism.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2016, 11:34:47 AM »

I'm not making an argument. I'm making an observation. You're a complete, unmitigated *expletive deleted*hole. There is no argument. i'm not appealing to reason. You're a *wow such a strong word to use, check your anger at the door*.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2016, 11:49:10 AM »

It's a natural reaction to being accused of pedophilia, which is exactly where your argument lies.  
Libertarians=against drug laws=okay with giving drugs to 5 yo's=wanting to drug and rape 5 yo's
That is pretty much the synopsis of your long winded bloviating.  

And I find a certain irony in a Trump supporter lecturing others about class.
JD

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2016, 11:59:35 AM »
If Libertarians actually held views like libertarian Charles Murray I wouldn't keep hammering them on the issue.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/134471/charles-murray-immigration-john-derbyshire

The ideas libertarians espouse are often found to be absurd when taken literally or to their logical conclusion. The L party stance on giving up and just changing the laws to legalize and institutionalize the southern invasion is just one example.

The L party is basically in favor of the reconquista of the southwest USA.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2016, 12:03:16 PM »
I'm not making an argument. I'm making an observation. You're a complete, unmitigated *expletive deleted*hole. There is no argument. i'm not appealing to reason. You're a *wow such a strong word to use, check your anger at the door*.

Maybe if you call me a few more names it will make the logic go away?  Hasn't worked thus far, but when all one has a hammer, all problems look like nails...

Here is the symbol of the Libertarian Party, maybe that will help beat back the scary logic:

Kinda looks like an upside-down Trump (with his flowing blond comb-over) while wearing a dunce cap.  Or folk could make the unfortunate connection between the hot-burning LP flame and how the hedonistic followers of Moloch would sacrifice their children to him by burning them alive.  That would be unfortunate.

It's a natural reaction to being accused of pedophilia, which is exactly where your argument lies. 
Libertarians=against drug laws=okay with giving drugs to 5 yo's=wanting to drug and rape 5 yo's

Syllogism != Accusation 

For my own part, I would easily bust the syllogism by throwing the morality/traditional values card and invalidate the whole thing via appeal to authority.  If'n folk can't or won't do that; perhaps that, too, is useful information?

Besides, is it not helpful to know the logical end point of one's chosen ideology?
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2016, 12:05:00 PM »
Well, this thread is going splendidly.

I think we all know my feelings on rooster, so don't think I'm rushing to his defense. But you're materially misconstruing his argument.

Put aside your personal butthurt, and think of it this way. We say on here all the time that the natural logical end state of liberalism is oppression and genocide. That is not an accusation that everyone who's registered as a D is a bloodthirsty monster looking to put us into mass graves (although we certainly have people say that every day and no one cares). So when roo says that the natural logical end state of libertarianism is X he is not accusing anyone who identifies as a libertarian of being X.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2016, 12:44:52 PM »
Boy, I wonder which high-profile events might have occurred in the recent past, that make erasing the taboo against pedophilia seem not just possible, but likely? Hmmm. What could that be?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »
Well, one candidate for PotUS frequently took trips to Jeff Epstein's island that was specifically set up as a way for rich old men to rape underage girls. The other candidate is married to someone who did the same thing. If you're a pedophile, 2016 guarantees someone in the White House will be sympathetic to you, cause they've done the same thing.

Murica!

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2016, 01:10:28 PM »
I was thinking of the rapid upheaval (arguably a reversal) in the taboos against homosexuality and transgenderism, but you raise a good point.

And, no, I'm not blaming homosexuals for pedophilia. But if the left can have such unimagined success on one sexual issue, they might well be as successful on another.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2016, 01:13:32 PM »
Well, one candidate for PotUS frequently took trips to Jeff Epstein's island that was specifically set up as a way for rich old men to rape underage girls. The other candidate is married to someone who did the same thing. If you're a pedophile, 2016 guarantees someone in the White House will be sympathetic to you, cause they've done the same thing.

Murica!

My thought was that will be the (metaphorical) kill shot used against Trump during the actual presidential election. I think there is a lawsuit going on currently where Trump is claiming defamation of character or some such thing. I've been waiting to see it hit the MSM and have been surprised it is still under the radar.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2016, 01:14:59 PM »
My thought was that will be the (metaphorical) kill shot used against Trump during the actual presidential election. I think there is a lawsuit going on currently where Trump is claiming defamation of character or some such thing. I've been waiting to see it hit the MSM and have been surprised it is still under the radar.

Nah, they'll bury it. Can't implicate Trump without implicating Bill.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2016, 01:26:25 PM »
Nah, they'll bury it. Can't implicate Trump without implicating Bill.

All I've seen is that a woman has accused him and Epstein of abuse and that Trumps name appears in Epsteins phone book. I never saw anything confirming flights to the pedo island like Clinton et al. I saw where Trump says Epstein was a member of his Florida Golf Club for a while and denies the accusations.

The last I read was that the accusers name doesn't show up anywhere in Epsteins records with the other girls he pimped.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2016, 01:58:18 PM »

Besides, is it not helpful to know the logical end point of one's chosen ideology?

Much like the theocracy at the end of your ideological rainbow? 
JD