Poll

How fast and how hard are they going to move against us?

Whole hog, hard and fast, law enforcement will be fully employed in the confiscation. it may go hot
5 (11.9%)
They will start with mag capacity and EBR's, mandatory buybacks (tax credits?) then work down from there.
14 (33.3%)
Whole hog with the force being supplied by the financial sector as well as all other institutions banning gun owners from participation.
15 (35.7%)
Slow piecemeal drip drip drip erosion of the right removed through legislation and the courts.
6 (14.3%)
Let me explain ...
2 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2nd Ammendment Rights  (Read 2610 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
2nd Ammendment Rights
« on: January 11, 2021, 10:46:01 AM »
The wokeocracy will squeeze us so that we cannot participate in modern life IMHO.

No kinetic physical force against the fully armed American populace will be applied.

We will be banned from everything, possibly even owning our own land.

This is my current working theory.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: 2nd Ammendment Rights
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 10:47:28 AM »
Need to add the 1st A to the title
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 10:47:41 AM »
Incrementalism has worked in the past, and will continue to be applied.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 10:53:49 AM »
If you throw armed frogs in boiling water you're going to get burned.

They have to get the courts changed first.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2021, 10:58:47 AM »
Everything has accelerated full throttle lately. They will move fast and decisively. It will be a combined arms attack of executive orders, legislation, federal agency policies, large corporate and private sector "canceling" and other fascist tactics.

Here is how it's going to go down: they are going to bait some people into using their rifles, ineffectively, just like they baited people to storm the Capitol building, and then they are going to say: SEEEEE! WE TOLD YOU PEOPLE CAN'T BE TRUSTED WITH GUNS!!!... and then it's open season on the 2nd and it's supporters.

It has to happen so they can achieve total control.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 11:00:04 AM »
I should add "all of the above"  [tinfoil]
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 11:00:36 AM »
If you throw armed frogs in boiling water you're going to get burned.

They have to get the courts changed first.

Already signs the threat of violence and/or even death is already doing just that
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2021, 11:03:21 AM »
Incrementalism has worked in the past, and will continue to be applied.

This.

I think the more "sensible" ones also know if they fully make the AR platform illegal/NFA, then a lot of AR's are going to wind up getting heavily modified with short barrels, homemade suppressors, and/or happy switches.  After all, if my High Power Service Rifle AR is already an NFA charge for owning, might as well get the benefit of the tool if facing the charges.

There will be another AWB presented.  No auto-sunset in it, I think they were shocked that it did sunset in 2004.  Mags will be impossible to collect, so they won't go for a retroactive ban, just bans on further sales over 10rds.  No private transfers will probably make it onto it.  

I also think they'll go after FOPA.  Even though they already massively won with FOPA back in 1986 with the ban on new machine gun receivers for us proles, they don't like the mobility that FOPA provides.  Especially if that conservative protest mob does show up with a smattering of firearms in DC (where guns are pretty much double-plus illegal already).
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2021, 11:11:23 AM »
The past few days the dems have thrown out Incrementalism and are acting like the kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and has decided it's time for mom and dad to go.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:25:15 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 11:11:44 AM »
Keep in mind that the "insurrectionist, secessionist, traitor domestic terrorist" line has already been deployed. That gives you a good idea of how they will deal with armed people who express dissent.

Asset forfeiture, suspension of civil rights, secret trials and prisons, drone strikes. The laws are already all there to support this, courtesy of "the war on terror" so many "patriots" cheered for.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 11:24:22 AM »
Need to add the 1st A to the title

That one is a dead and gone.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2021, 11:36:09 AM »
Probably whole hog.   Or wild boar.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2021, 11:38:35 AM »
It is power grab time.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2021, 11:41:07 AM »
I should add "all of the above"  [tinfoil]

You probably should.  I suspect it will be a combination of what you listed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2021, 11:45:03 AM »
This.

I think the more "sensible" ones also know if they fully make the AR platform illegal/NFA, then a lot of AR's are going to wind up getting heavily modified with short barrels, homemade suppressors, and/or happy switches.  After all, if my High Power Service Rifle AR is already an NFA charge for owning, might as well get the benefit of the tool if facing the charges.

There will be another AWB presented.  No auto-sunset in it, I think they were shocked that it did sunset in 2004.  Mags will be impossible to collect, so they won't go for a retroactive ban, just bans on further sales over 10rds.  No private transfers will probably make it onto it.  

I also think they'll go after FOPA.  Even though they already massively won with FOPA back in 1986 with the ban on new machine gun receivers for us proles, they don't like the mobility that FOPA provides.  Especially if that conservative protest mob does show up with a smattering of firearms in DC (where guns are pretty much double-plus illegal already).
Getting rid of the FOPA and allowing various govt entities to sue gun makers would go a long way to destroying gun ownership.  Some gun companies are somewhat large businesses, not none can survive long if courts allow these lawsuits to bleed them. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 12:20:11 PM »
I went for 2,3, and 4.

Right now, they are going to go for a big bite. I don't believe confiscation, but they might try for "turn them in". Even if no one turns them in, it's still a law, and then you can get popped for it anytime (see Atlas Shrugged). EBR bans, mag bans, absolutely on the table. I just read that the gun control groups are pushing Biden to push all the credit card companies to refuse any gun related business. Given what we just saw with Parler, and also that a ton of institutions are now publicly stating they will no longer contribute to Republicans (for fear of reprisal), I see this as more of a possibility than the past efforts on it.

I'm hoping the fail at the big stuff, but if they do, they will of course go to incrementalism. In fact that might work better for the given the current climate and history. The last big efforts flipped congress. It could happen again. If they keep things small and spread out, the way things are going right now there won't be a house flip in 2022. They seem to have enough support for "common sense" control. As long as they don't take the handguns and shotguns away from all the libs that bought them in the last year, they'll get stuff like standard capacity mag bans easy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 01:13:05 PM »
I went for 2,3, and 4.

Right now, they are going to go for a big bite. I don't believe confiscation, but they might try for "turn them in". Even if no one turns them in, it's still a law, and then you can get popped for it anytime (see Atlas Shrugged). EBR bans, mag bans, absolutely on the table. I just read that the gun control groups are pushing Biden to push all the credit card companies to refuse any gun related business. Given what we just saw with Parler, and also that a ton of institutions are now publicly stating they will no longer contribute to Republicans (for fear of reprisal), I see this as more of a possibility than the past efforts on it.

I'm hoping the fail at the big stuff, but if they do, they will of course go to incrementalism. In fact that might work better for the given the current climate and history. The last big efforts flipped congress. It could happen again. If they keep things small and spread out, the way things are going right now there won't be a house flip in 2022. They seem to have enough support for "common sense" control. As long as they don't take the handguns and shotguns away from all the libs that bought them in the last year, they'll get stuff like standard capacity mag bans easy.

Between the Dems pretty much taking control of the general election process in this country, and the Republicans losing a metric boatload of members over their nearly nonexistent support for President Trump, do you really think flipping Congress is possible going forward?
I think it's pretty much game over for the Republican Party at this point.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 01:21:08 PM »
do you really think flipping Congress is possible going forward?

Only if the dems do something really egregious. I would put "door to door confiscation" in that category. Even people who don't like or understand EBRs can get worked up about that kind of police state, even with big tech and the MSM doing propaganda . With incremental stuff, yeah, the R chances are getting slimmer by the day.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 01:48:44 PM »
While maintaining vigilance, and preparing to shoot anyone doing door-to-door confiscations, let's also remember that a lot can happen in two years.

If I had told you in the beginning of 2018 that the Chinese were going to lose control of a virus that would stop the world and usher in "lockdowns" of major US cities, and allow Joe Biden to beat Trump despite Trump's economy continually setting records and the Dow at all time highs, what would you have said?

Be ready if the time to shoot gets here, but let's not despair until it does.

FWIW, on the OP, I think they are high on power and are going to go all in.  They think everyone believes what their sycophant's tell them.  AWB, MAG ban, mandatory turn in, and maybe attempted confiscations.  Either there will be an emergency stay and SCOTUS will hear the case, or a lot of folks will choose violence.

Honestly, after last week and the various partisans retreating farther into their tribal echo chambers, I only see this ending in gunfire.  The question is when.  Congress now reminds me of the Iraqi parliament circa 2010-ish

A plague on both their houses.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 01:57:37 PM »
One of the things the Dems need to do before they go all out is pack the SCOTUS.  The Dems must have an absolute guarantee that the SCOTUS will back them up on whatever unconstitutional laws they come up with.  I can even see a packed court going against legal tradition and overturning Heller.
As the court currently stands it's an unknown as to how they would rule on the "common sense" gun laws the Dems are about to unleash.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 02:05:54 PM »
If they can’t get an all out EBR ban I think they’ll definitely go after magazine restrictions as a feel good “we did something “ measure.  I’m also worried about going after ammo and reloading components by placing additional restrictions on those.  A gun is as good as a hammer if you don’t have anything to shoot out of it.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2021, 02:46:25 PM »
If they can’t get an all out EBR ban I think they’ll definitely go after magazine restrictions as a feel good “we did something “ measure.  I’m also worried about going after ammo and reloading components by placing additional restrictions on those.  A gun is as good as a hammer if you don’t have anything to shoot out of it.

I have often thought that gun control can be gradually achieved without hullabaloo by ammo control: shortages, regulatory restrictions, inability to find components, special surcharges and taxes.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2021, 02:51:43 PM »
If they can’t get an all out EBR ban I think they’ll definitely go after magazine restrictions as a feel good “we did something “ measure.  

The 94-04 bill included a ban on the sale of >10rd mags. I'm ~99.9999% convinced we're going to see a reenactment of the 94 bill plus a few extra add-ons with no expiration date like the 94 bill had. Look at the bill that almost passed after Sandy Hook as a guide IMHO.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2021, 02:56:18 PM »
I have often thought that gun control can be gradually achieved without hullabaloo by ammo control: shortages, regulatory restrictions, inability to find components, special surcharges and taxes.

I'm waiting for one of these groups to start sending their minions out to just buy all the ammo they can find so the rest of us can't get it.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2021, 02:57:19 PM »

This would be an ideal time for them to enact some type of regulatory restrictions as well as taxes.

Supply and normality will probably never bounce back.

Firearms will increasingly become more of a rich mans "sport".