Poll

How fast and how hard are they going to move against us?

Whole hog, hard and fast, law enforcement will be fully employed in the confiscation. it may go hot
5 (11.9%)
They will start with mag capacity and EBR's, mandatory buybacks (tax credits?) then work down from there.
14 (33.3%)
Whole hog with the force being supplied by the financial sector as well as all other institutions banning gun owners from participation.
15 (35.7%)
Slow piecemeal drip drip drip erosion of the right removed through legislation and the courts.
6 (14.3%)
Let me explain ...
2 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: 2nd Ammendment Rights  (Read 2609 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: 2nd Ammendment Rights
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2021, 02:59:06 PM »
I'm waiting for one of these groups to start sending their minions out to just buy all the ammo they can find so the rest of us can't get it.

Weren't there all type of departments in the Obama administration who were stocking up with millions of rounds?

I thought somebody here posted up something about that some time ago.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2021, 03:22:24 PM »
Weren't there all type of departments in the Obama administration who were stocking up with millions of rounds?

I believe it was DHS.  The question was “why”?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2021, 03:24:13 PM »

That was a different thing and actually a normal contract. Certainly fed.gov could go whole hog on the ammo buying as well, but I was talking about activist groups. Imagine a half million of these individuals regularly going into local gun stores and buying a box or two of ammo. Or Bloomberg giving them money to buy a lot more and to continue on a consistent basis.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2021, 03:26:18 PM »
That was a different thing and actually a normal contract. Certainly fed.gov could go whole hog on the ammo buying as well, but I was talking about activist groups. Imagine a half million of these individuals regularly going into local gun stores and buying a box or two of ammo. Or Bloomberg giving them money to buy a lot more and to continue on a consistent basis.

ahh, got ya

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2021, 05:30:50 PM »
One of the things the Dems need to do before they go all out is pack the SCOTUS.  The Dems must have an absolute guarantee that the SCOTUS will back them up on whatever unconstitutional laws they come up with.  I can even see a packed court going against legal tradition and overturning Heller.
As the court currently stands it's an unknown as to how they would rule on the "common sense" gun laws the Dems are about to unleash.

No it isn't.  They already told everyone where they stand when they abrogated their duty to restrain the government in a stolen election.  Now give us your guns and get on that train.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2021, 05:50:39 PM »
I'll bet they find a way to use this as soon as January 21st:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-internal-memo-warns-of-plans-for-armed-protests-in-all-50-state-capitals-ahead-of-biden-inauguration

For clarity, I'm not against them. These occur peacefully at the Capitol in Boise all the time and the only negative I've ever heard about is some kid had an AD with his AR. No injuries.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2021, 05:56:26 PM »
I'll bet they find a way to use this as soon as January 21st:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-internal-memo-warns-of-plans-for-armed-protests-in-all-50-state-capitals-ahead-of-biden-inauguration

For clarity, I'm not against them. These occur peacefully at the Capitol in Boise all the time and the only negative I've ever heard about is some kid had an AD with his AR. No injuries.

Doesn't matter, wrong think is violence
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 06:23:54 PM »
Death by a 1000 cuts.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2021, 06:26:02 PM »
Death by a 1000 cuts.

I lost count after 950
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Scott Metro

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2021, 06:58:04 PM »
Governments want a monopoly on violence.
The sociopath thieves that roam the halls of Congress..(lawmakers)...tell us that nothing can be solved by violence.
By proxy, they all commit violence every day...bombs, missiles, rockets, bullets. Solving their problems with violence.

[ar15]

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2021, 08:37:44 PM »
I think they've messed up big time and don't know it yet.

I haven't felt this type of grassroots mobilization since 2008-2012.

I'm hearing from Appleseed people (not just instructors, but students too), libertarians, former Repub PC's.

I don't give a damn about the goppers or donks.  But the people that care about freedom are pissed off.  Rebuilding networks they abandoned since Facebook, but kept back channels viable yet dormant.

There's going to be a slew of new activists, new representatives, new candidates, new campaign staff.  Maybe the goppers will get eviscerated by this, or maybe a new party will come about, or maybe the libertarians will get a chance.  Most likely it'll be a hard hip-check on the goppers.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2021, 10:09:16 PM »
I think they've messed up big time and don't know it yet.

I haven't felt this type of grassroots mobilization since 2008-2012.

I'm hearing from Appleseed people (not just instructors, but students too), libertarians, former Repub PC's.

I don't give a damn about the goppers or donks.  But the people that care about freedom are pissed off.  Rebuilding networks they abandoned since Facebook, but kept back channels viable yet dormant.

There's going to be a slew of new activists, new representatives, new candidates, new campaign staff.  Maybe the goppers will get eviscerated by this, or maybe a new party will come about, or maybe the libertarians will get a chance.  Most likely it'll be a hard hip-check on the goppers.
I hope you are right.  I just hope there isn't too big a mess to clean up by the time it happens.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2021, 10:35:58 PM »
Regardless of what they pass they will have to lean on local sheriffs to do a lot of the leg-work on investigating potential suspects. There just are not enough feds to go around for that sort of thing.

And given the pushback we've seen from red-area cops on enforcing Covid mandates I don't think there will be a lot of enthusiasm for helping FedGov round up ballistic scofflaws.

So there will always be areas in which to make and distribute whatever the underground market wants. Up to a point anyway. One must use discretion to avoid forcing the local fuzz's hand. Keep it low key and don't be a braggart and so forth.

Given how far 3D printing has come it will be impossible to dtop the creation of new weapons. The choke-point will be ammo.  I assume strides have been made there as well for making cases and primers but powder is difficult, I assume.

However the feds can't even stop woo-powder from getting into the country, so how are they going to stop pew-powder?

The cartels will be more than happy to add that sort of powder to their menu of goods they bring in.

Add those routes to whatever other routes that drugs come into this country and there will be a constant, if likely more expensive, supply of smokeless powder available.

And maybe there's some substitute that can be made in bulk locally or maybe regular powder itself can be made. I've not looked into the latter issue but I do know that the former can be made in small batches. It's the scaling up to meet the increased demand that would be the challenge.

The feds will flail about and they'll get their wins in ones and twos but for every one or two they nab there will be dozens more they never even know about.

We will stay armed.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2021, 10:41:21 PM »
Sadly, I'm fairly convinced we've lost a major, significant battle if not the war.
We've taken "the high road" when our enemies kicked us in the nads. When our enemies brought knives to a pillow fight we refused to "stoop to their level".
We have not seen the end of the conservative purge. It'll get a lot uglier before the fascists have enough blood to sate themselves.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2021, 10:50:12 PM »
Sadly, I'm fairly convinced we've lost a major, significant battle if not the war.
We've taken "the high road" when our enemies kicked us in the nads. When our enemies brought knives to a pillow fight we refused to "stoop to their level".
We have not seen the end of the conservative purge. It'll get a lot uglier before the fascists have enough blood to sate themselves.

And if history is any guide they then start feeding on each other
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2021, 11:29:47 PM »
joebiden.com/gunsafety/
Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Biden voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.

Get weapons of war off our streets. The bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines that Biden, along with Senator Feinstein, secured in 1994 reduced the lethality of mass shootings. But, in order to secure the passage of the bans, they had to agree to a 10-year sunset provision and when the time came, the Bush Administration failed to extend them. As president, Biden will:

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Federal law prevents hunters from hunting migratory game birds with more than three shells in their shotgun. That means our federal law does more to protect ducks than children. It’s wrong. Joe Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons. This time, the bans will be designed based on lessons learned from the 1994 bans. For example, the ban on assault weapons will be designed to prevent manufacturers from circumventing the law by making minor changes that don’t limit the weapon’s lethality. While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.

Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.

Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.

Reduce stockpiling of weapons. In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.

Keep guns out of dangerous hands. The federal background check system (the National Instant Criminal Background Check System) is one of the best tools we have to prevent gun violence, but it’s only effective when it’s used. Biden will enact universal background check legislation and close other loopholes that allow people who should be prohibited from purchasing firearms from making those purchases. Specifically, he will:

Require background checks for all gun sales. Today, an estimated 1 in 5 firearms are sold or transferred without a background check. Biden will enact universal background check legislation, requiring a background check for all gun sales with very limited exceptions, such as gifts between close family members. This will close the so-called “gun show and online sales loophole” that the Obama-Biden Administration narrowed, but which cannot be fully closed by executive action alone.

and it keeps going along those lines

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2021, 11:48:24 PM »
Back when Obama was POTUS there was a nullification movement starting to happen. Nothing became of it then, but I can see it restarting and gaining enough momentum that numerous red states would work actively against this type of legislation.

One wouldn't have to be so discrete then. You could have major manufacturing of firearms and ammo right out in the open with the feds unable to do anything about it except whine.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2021, 11:56:34 PM »
the feds unable to do anything about it except whine.

Or they could seize any and all financial assets like 401K/IRA accounts. Issue arrest warrants that can get you pinched anytime you cross a state line.
If you're a high enough value target you might even get a drone strike experience a tragic gas leak and explosion in the middle of the night.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2021, 12:50:25 AM »
 gun shows will be pictures of guns, no actual guns could be owned.
2A will mean airguns and BB guns.
Dissent outlawed.

but what follows will be the bad news
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."