Author Topic: Landlords Don't Pay the Mortgage  (Read 926 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Landlords Don't Pay the Mortgage
« on: January 14, 2021, 08:06:43 PM »
Another reason I got out of rentals in CA.

These idiots are exactly as knowledgeable about economics as AOC is, and sadly they are taking over.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/01/14/the-scale-of-stupidity-here-is-astounding-man-explains-in-song-how-landlords-dont-pay-the-mortgage-renters-do/

https://twitter.com/i/status/1349541737044144128

The comments at the twitter link are astounding. Example:

1. 100% of landlords are scum

2. how can a tenant be scum for *expletive deleted*ing up a landlord's property? Sounds like a hero to me
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Landlords Don't Pay the Mortgage
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 08:28:56 PM »
Pretty unfair how the doctor stamps "Renter" or "Homeowner" on our heels when we are born.
:rofl:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 08:36:42 PM »
Were these people raised with no one ever teaching them anything about life?  

When I got out of college, it was normal to be concerned about your credit score (pay your bills on time) and save up for a down payment if you wanted a house.  One guy I graduated with said he bought a trailer in a trailer park and was setting up to buy another one to rent.  That was in the 90's.  I thought about it later and figured he probably got started better than I did.  Making money outside of work wasn't on my radar.  One of those "if I could do it over" things.  

The other side of it:  people were complaining that all the houses in the area cost too much.  Well that isn't really the fault of the landlords.  That is the fault of the local politicians who maintain all the zoning regulations, permitting, and other institutions that prevent people from building more homes and apartment buildings.  When the housing market is artificially suppressed, prices will go up.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 09:05:20 AM »
Were these people raised with no one ever teaching them anything about life?  

When I got out of college, it was normal to be concerned about your credit score (pay your bills on time) and save up for a down payment if you wanted a house.  One guy I graduated with said he bought a trailer in a trailer park and was setting up to buy another one to rent.  That was in the 90's.  I thought about it later and figured he probably got started better than I did.  Making money outside of work wasn't on my radar.  One of those "if I could do it over" things.  

The other side of it:  people were complaining that all the houses in the area cost too much.  Well that isn't really the fault of the landlords.  That is the fault of the local politicians who maintain all the zoning regulations, permitting, and other institutions that prevent people from building more homes and apartment buildings.  When the housing market is artificially suppressed, prices will go up.  

I remember reading an article from probably 10-15 years ago that estimated the Seattle land use regulations added about $200k to the average price of a home.  It’s likely worse now.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 04:37:49 PM »
There's a pretty big overlap between the group of people who want student debt erased and the group who think that charging rent is theft.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 04:42:25 PM »
Coming soon... Laws that state, the landlord has to itemize the rent bill to show the where the money goes.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 04:49:27 PM »
Coming soon... Laws that state, the landlord has to itemize the rent bill to show the where the money goes.

Within a few years, landlording will be the realm controlled only by huge corporations. Yay, Neo-Feudalism!
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 04:53:28 PM »
Within a few years, landlording will be the realm controlled only by huge corporations. Yay, Neo-Feudalism!

Seems like any large property ownership (i.e. agriculture) is already headed that way.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 05:51:38 PM »
https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/bill-gates-is-the-largest-farmland-owner-in-america-report/

Gates’ portfolio comprises about 242,000 acres of farmland and nearly 27,000 acres of other land across 19 states, according to The Land Report, a magazine for land investors that tracks the nation’s biggest landowners.

Suppose he watched Yellowstone and thought "Hey, that could be fun"?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2021, 06:01:16 PM »
https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/bill-gates-is-the-largest-farmland-owner-in-america-report/

Suppose he watched Yellowstone and thought "Hey, that could be fun"?

And with that, he doesn't even appear to make it into the top 100 landowners.

https://landreport.com/americas-100-largest-landowners/

Here's a map of Gates' holdings. The 1 acre in New Mexico kind of cracks me up. I'd like to know where his land in my state is.

https://strangesounds.org/2021/01/bill-gates-america-biggest-farmland-owner-video.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 08:26:33 AM »
Largest "farmland" owner.  Is the land farmland only if it is planted or used that way? 

Seems to me that article is trying hard to show how wonderful Bill Gates is.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 08:33:01 AM »
Largest "farmland" owner.  Is the land farmland only if it is planted or used that way? 

Seems to me that article is trying hard to show how wonderful Bill Gates is.

I need to search my history from looking up his farmland purchases to find it again, but one article that I guess was semi-conspiratorial actually had a good argument about Gates buying up both farmland and investing in health related stuff, I guess alluding to the fact that he has been talking global pandemics much longer than the China virus. Made some cases about controlling food growth and medicine. "Health is wealth" as my dad likes to say.