Main Forums > The Roundtable

How do you clean your keyboard?

<< < (4/5) > >>

uvakat:

--- Quote ---
--- Quote ---Umm, Since I use a ThinkPad - I don't think  cleaning mine in the dishwasher, under the sink, or tossing it is an option.
:
Actually, Steve, it still is- if you turn it over, there are two or three screws with a little imprint of a keyboard next to them (My R40 has two such screws).

If you back those screws out, you can remove the keyboard from the rest of the laptop and go to town cleaning!  Although I'd make sure it's still under warantee before actually putting the keyboard in water though.  

Love, James

LOL I just do it the lazy way... since my T30 is still under warantee... when it gets bads I just call IBM up and they send me a new keyboard... but that being said... I usually just use compressed air if I want to keep it clean without calling the company

Control Group:

--- Quote ---Make sure you keep track of where all the keys go if you take them all out at once, or else you will need to follow a keyboard diagram.
Feh

That's the fun part of cleaning out my keyboard: it gives me a pop quiz on how well I know a standard QWERTY 104-key layout.

Though I admit, to my shame, that I did live for a while in college with my 'n' and 'm' keys reversed...what's shocking is how long it took me to realize the problem...

Darkmind:
I pop all the keys off and wipe it down with windex, end of story.

Sean Smith:
Blow crud out from between the keys with a can of compressed air, wipe the key surfaces with Windex.

mfree:
Clean the keyboard? I just don't get it (noticeably) dirty

Nah, every so often I'll turn it over and shake it, then take a dry paper towel, fold it over and use that edge to get the dust from between the keys. I really don't get my keyboards all that dirty, I push them out of the way before I eat

I *do* have a problem with the one at home though.... it's so old and so well-used that the paint is wearing off the keycaps, even smoothing the pebbled finish off some of them. Not bad for a $12 Chinese knockoff I bought... er... A long time ago. 1997 feels right, it's an AT keyboard but has the W95 keys...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version