Author Topic: Sorry, honey.  (Read 3672 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Sorry, honey.
« on: April 02, 2007, 03:29:30 AM »
Does your wife/girlfriend/Filipina indentured servant leave mascara on the bath towels?  It seems like if other women did this, I would have been warned of this peril of married life.  But at least I now understand why Tejon is not married. 

Casa Tejon, early one morning. 

Tejon - Ah, my Tejonita.  So sweet-smelling you emerge from your morning bath, as a freshly cut flower in spring.  Kiss me, dearest.

Tejonita - Oh, you.

Tejon (enters bathroom, stage right) - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH! 

Tejonita - My love, what horror has befallen?

Tejon, his voice weak and shaky - What a ruinous development!  The neatly folded white towel in the soiled laundry hamper.  Whence these black stains? 

Tejonita - Sorry, honey, some of my mascara got onto the towel. 

Tejon - Out!  Out! 

Tejonita - But Badger, my only love, wherever shall I go? 

Tejon - I don't know!  Someplace where people park on the lawn.  That's where you belong, you slob.

Exit Tejonita. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Re: Sorry, honey.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 03:40:09 AM »
I threw the last one out because she never cleaned my kitchen or bathrooms, left towels on the floor, left dishes in the sink and never took out the trash.

Too much of a cultural clash.  She was from TN and I'm a dedicated Yankee.  Back to the Dating Pool. police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 03:54:41 AM »
Sounds like my ex...  rolleyes
Avoid cliches like the plague!

crt360

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 04:40:44 AM »
I threw the last one out because she never cleaned my kitchen or bathrooms, left towels on the floor, left dishes in the sink and never took out the trash.

Too much of a cultural clash.  She was from TN and I'm a dedicated Yankee.  Back to the Dating Pool. police

I'm glad you're still with us after such a devastating relationship.  smiley  Did she also park her 4x4 on the street with two wheels up on your curb, leave her jet ski trailer in your front yard, hang her muddy waders on your fence to dry, clean fish on your front porch, and hog the TV to watch Inside Nextel Cup?
For entertainment purposes only.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 04:52:59 AM »
I'm assuming Tejon doesn't have a porch.  I mean, why tempt Southron yahoos to -horrors- sit on it? 

crt360

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 05:02:47 AM »
I'm assuming Tejon doesn't have a porch.  I mean, why tempt Southron yahoos to -horrors- sit on it? 

True.  He probably has no use for one.
For entertainment purposes only.

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 05:09:45 AM »
crt, thank goodness, no.  She did not, but she had "kin" that would if they had ever come up North.  The "I-will-turn-your-property-into-a-mudhole" attitude was enough.  She insisted in coming and going through the front door which would allow moths which were attracted to the exterior lights inside the house.

Living like a pig was bad, but it was the "I don't care" attitude that drove me nuts.  Not just her slovenly nature from her upbringing but the fact that she was not interested in improving herself.  When she dropped out of the PhD program I told her to leave at once.

Oh, well, lose some, win very few. grin

fistful, not much of a front porch, however I did catch her on the front steps last fall.  Thankfully that's the only time she did that!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 08:03:06 AM »
As a matter of policy, I do not date women that use makeup, have long nails, or paint their nails.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 08:05:25 AM »
As a matter of policy, I do not date women that use makeup, have long nails, or paint their nails.

But you do date women?  Or is that their policy?  laugh
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 08:09:36 AM »
But you do date women?

Yep, just not that kind. I have discovered experimentally that the amount of makeup scales linearly with the amount of psychological baggage, pretences, demands, irrationality, and bitchyness. On the other hand, less makeup seems to correlate well with far more agreeable and independent personalities.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 08:23:27 AM »

Yep, just not that kind. I have discovered experimentally that the amount of makeup scales linearly with the amount of psychological baggage, pretences, demands, irrationality, and bitchyness. On the other hand, less makeup seems to correlate well with far more agreeable and independent personalities.
So very right.  The woman I'm seeing now wears no makeup, except on rare occasion.   I took her shooting for the first time last week, and she loved it.  Things are looking up!

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 08:25:31 AM »
Good policy, CA.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 08:28:15 AM »
But you do date women?

Ain't that the truth...

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 08:33:11 AM »
Yeah, it's good to have a policy to cover all sorts of things you need in a woman:

-Big, muscular arms, so you know she can carry her own groceries and books and take care of herself

-Broad, muscular shoulders that lend themselves well to intimidating potential attackers, so you won't have to go everywhere with her risking your own hide to scare all those thugs away

-Tightly cropped hair, so you know she won't spend hours in the bathroom washing, drying, and brushing

-Leathered face, so she can go outdoors with you any time you want without you having to worry about her getting sunburned...if you forget the sunblock, no worries

-crooked, yellow teeth, so you know her parents weren't the freakishly detail oriented types to saddle her with braces and make her paranoid about toothbrushing.

-Calloused, strong hands with short fingernails, so she'll be able to help out with home projects and handle guns without breaking a nail.

The list goes on...now I understand no one's perfect, and we could add requirement after requirement, but I think the above are just the essentials.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 09:30:37 AM »
...so basically I should date myself?

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2007, 10:51:07 AM »
< material removed for fistful's comfort >

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »
Yeah, it's good to have a policy to cover all sorts of things you need in a woman:

-Big, muscular arms, so you know she can carry her own groceries and books and take care of herself

-Broad, muscular shoulders that lend themselves well to intimidating potential attackers, so you won't have to go everywhere with her risking your own hide to scare all those thugs away

-Tightly cropped hair, so you know she won't spend hours in the bathroom washing, drying, and brushing

-Leathered face, so she can go outdoors with you any time you want without you having to worry about her getting sunburned...if you forget the sunblock, no worries

-crooked, yellow teeth, so you know her parents weren't the freakishly detail oriented types to saddle her with braces and make her paranoid about toothbrushing.

-Calloused, strong hands with short fingernails, so she'll be able to help out with home projects and handle guns without breaking a nail.

The list goes on...now I understand no one's perfect, and we could add requirement after requirement, but I think the above are just the essentials.

I bet you don't suffer from claustrophobia. . .
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 11:07:45 AM »
CAnnoneer, please quit. 

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 11:42:51 AM »
Hey now, I think shootin's on to something.

After all, dost not the prophecy of Belafonte I say:  

"If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife.
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you."
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 01:07:08 PM »

I'm certain that if Socrates had written a pop song, this would be it.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 02:44:08 PM »

I'm certain that if Socrates had written a pop song, this would be it.

His student Plato knew from bitchy women.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 04:29:10 PM »
I think Socrates had the worse wife. I believe Xanthippe (sp?) his wife's name, translates to scolding shrew. Good thing he was a philosopher...  cheesy
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2007, 04:37:33 PM »
I think Socrates had the worse wife. I believe Xanthippe (sp?) his wife's name, translates to scolding shrew. Good thing he was a philosopher...  cheesy

That's one of the ways to become a philosopher.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 06:39:52 PM »
A scolding shrew for a wife?

That was in the pre-makeup age, so he probably did just fine with it.

My vote for unluckiest guy in the world is Jeremy Chatelain.  Not only is his wife young, beautiful, and a pop star...she wears make-up, is a professional dancer, and probably spends tons of time taking care of herself to maintain her appearance....AND she's French. The horror!

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 06:46:52 PM »
A scolding shrew for a wife?

That was in the pre-makeup age, so he probably did just fine with it.

My vote for unluckiest guy in the world is Jeremy Chatelain.  Not only is his wife young, beautiful, and a pop star...she wears make-up, is a professional dancer, and probably spends tons of time taking care of herself to maintain her appearance....AND she's French. The horror!

For anyone else with no freakin' clue.... undecided

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%C3%A9r%C3%A9my_Ch%C3%A2telain
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."