Author Topic: Monster Hunter Employees Handbook!  (Read 2255 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Monster Hunter Employees Handbook!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 12:06:48 PM »

Yea. Don't get me wrong, Larry is a good friend of mine. But why would I kickstart a commercial product, where it would be cheaper for me to buy the end product? I like Monster Hunter and all, but meh... Be different if the product would than be released for free, or a ridiculously low amount. My hats to Larry and the RPG folks. Folks are paying them in order to pay them, I gather.

Be a bit different if it was a niche where I REALLY bloody needed something, but couldn't afford the entire development costs.

Yea, no.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »
"you should never kick a puppy, unless its a racist" Frank imao.us
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 12:21:56 PM »
"you should never kick a puppy, unless its a racist" Frank imao.us

having MHI as an RPG was my idea, I got my "boss" interested, he got Larry interested, they got Steve interested ... ( not sure actually about the chain of command )

I only work in the RPG warehouse, a few hours a month, if the kickstarter works it means more hours for me ( at least for a little while )
which means I might be able to but some ammo and survival gear for the upcoming EMP apocalypse ..there are probably better reasons for other people

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 12:35:51 PM »
Yea. Don't get me wrong, Larry is a good friend of mine. But why would I kickstart a commercial product, where it would be cheaper for me to buy the end product? I like Monster Hunter and all, but meh... Be different if the product would than be released for free, or a ridiculously low amount. My hats to Larry and the RPG folks. Folks are paying them in order to pay them, I gather.

Be a bit different if it was a niche where I REALLY bloody needed something, but couldn't afford the entire development costs.

Yea, no.

Participating in kickstarters is usually EXACTLY for the above reason. You just have a different definition of "need" than the RPG fans. Someone comes up with a good or neat idea, early adopters can generally get a guaranteed copy of the first run of the product in their hands and they don't run the risk of missing out if it doesn't take off or become a commercial success that has continued production in the future.

I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 01:02:43 PM »
having MHI as an RPG was my idea, I got my "boss" interested, he got Larry interested, they got Steve interested ... ( not sure actually about the chain of command )

I only work in the RPG warehouse, a few hours a month, if the kickstarter works it means more hours for me ( at least for a little while )
which means I might be able to but some ammo and survival gear for the upcoming EMP apocalypse ..there are probably better reasons for other people

So you are saying that my choices are to fund this project in the hopes of you obtaining temporary work that will not permanently remove you from dependence on welfare but will agonizingly crush into your psyche the frailty and futility of ever getting ahead, or to leave you under the bus which is already parked under the bridge.

Decisions, decisions!  Why do people make it so hard?

I'll get back to you in a bit.  Right now I'm off to the golf course where I pick up shanked balls and sell them on EvilBay as genyouwhine whacked-by-Obama souvenirs.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jason Walters

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »
As the (hopefully) publisher of this book, I would also like to mention that without Kickstarter there would definitely be no Monster Hunter International Employee Handbook and RPG, and thus no end product to buy. One of the great things about Kickstarter is that it allows you to simultaneously raise the capital for a project while gauging the demand for it.

Most small publishers don't have 40 Large on hand to risk on an unknown or new product (that's what we estimate this project will cost to complete: $40,000.) As the author of a number of books that *should* have sold (but didn't), and the publisher of many more it's nice to be able to connect directly with fans, get their input before the book is even created, generate the capital, and then bring it to market – all without taking a second mortgage out on your home.

Publishing roleplaying games can be a brutal experience. Anything that takes some of the “brutal” out of that experience not only helps existing publishers, but encourages more people to bring their ideas and creativity to market.

So, in other words, please go back our book!

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 01:45:12 PM »
So you are saying that my choices are to fund this project in the hopes of you obtaining temporary work that will not permanently remove you from dependence on welfare but will agonizingly crush into your psyche the frailty and futility of ever getting ahead, or to leave you under the bus which is already parked under the bridge.

Decisions, decisions!  Why do people make it so hard?

I'll get back to you in a bit.  Right now I'm off to the golf course where I pick up shanked balls and sell them on EvilBay as genyouwhine whacked-by-Obama souvenirs.

stay safe.

There are no bridges anywhere near me, I live in a bone dry desert-the best shade is under the bus. :P

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 08:03:02 PM »
Well, I just kicked in for a bit more shade. ;)
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 12:46:12 AM »
Well, I just kicked in for a bit more shade. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

thanks!

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:38 AM »
Ditto.   Yeah, I may have paid more than to just buy the book...    But I enjoy knowing I'm helping out with the MHI world and whatnot....  So hopefully a little more shade yet....
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 03:35:16 PM »
Thanks!

I'm sure Larry appreciates it too-isn't he a member here?