Author Topic: Missing Cargo Ship Found  (Read 11280 times)

Lee

• friend
Re: Missing Cargo Ship Found
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2009, 07:36:11 PM »
Isn't that the guy from Stephen King's "The Stand"

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2009, 09:05:44 PM »
Something tells me he doesn't need a flashlight at night...  =D

...or that he'll have many nights left.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2009, 09:35:12 PM »
That's one of the scariest looking dudes I've seen in a while.

What's so scary about a kid who had a more advanced nuclear program in his mother's shed than say, Iran probably has at the moment?   ;)

Dude soaked up a lot of rads.  Buddy of mine up in Michigan swears you can pick up where he's been with a Geiger counter for a couple hours after he walks through.  I really wouldn't want to be the guy guarding him.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
Bit of an update here: The plot thickens. Michail Voitenko, who've been the source for quite a bit of the information regarding this debacle has left Russia, apparently at the suggestion by "some serious guys" who felt that he could use a 3-4 month vacation someplace else.
Also, a new theory that's making it's way around the net is that the ship was hi-jacked by Israeli intelligence in an effort to grab a cargo of missiles heading either for Syria or Iran...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2009, 06:54:07 PM »
Here is a report from a group that goes good work and some really bad work.
http://homelandsecurityus.com/?p=2994  Part 1
There is a part 2 somewhere.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #55 on: September 05, 2009, 07:54:15 PM »
According to intelligence reports following the alleged disappearance of the vessel - reports independently confirmed by this author through direct inquiries with U.S. and Israeli intelligence sources, the “repairs” were not repairs at all, but a very extensive project that involved completely dismantling and rebuilding the ship’s bulkhead to special military-like specifications.

How many bulkheads are there on an oceangoing ship?  The answer is "many".  It is bad reporting like this that raise my hackles and causes me to discount the rest of the story.  "...the ship's bulkhead..." is not the kind of thing you'd hear reported by a supposed shipping security expert.
That particular "bulkhead" snippet was repeated in more than one story about this incident in the MSM.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2009, 10:39:59 PM »
Evidently ships hauling military cargo need modifications to bulkheads within the ship.  I assume it has to do with passage modifications and hatch designed to handle odd and big shapes.  What caught my interest in the story was the modification of bulkhead(s) as it brought to memory another famous ship which had undergone similar modifications.  The Lusitania.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2009, 02:57:14 AM »
My concern was over the reporting of bulkhead in the singular, by a supposed expert.  I saw this in more than one report.  It kind of detracts from the credibility of the story, IMO.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.