Author Topic: Snake in the refrigerator  (Read 11354 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Snake in the refrigerator
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 11:08:36 AM »
We saw a baby rattlesnake this morning.  It slithered under the haystack just as we identified it.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2010, 02:21:13 PM »

THERE'S MOTHER******* SNAKES IN THE MOTHER******* REFRIDGERATOR!

Wait a minute.  That's not what he said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4t6zNZ-b0A
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 12:22:01 AM »
We saw a baby rattlesnake this morning.  It slithered under the haystack just as we identified it.

After asking us to do the feeding chores for awhile, Lady Pine comes up to tell us that they saw a baby rattler under the pallets the bales of hay are on.  Guess who is loading up the shotgun before going down there.  Yup you got it.  I may cut one out that means no harm to me or the Lady, but rattlers?  Yeah right! :facepalm:

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »
Might I note, after following this thread:

People claim we conservatives/gun lovers/hunters are bloodthirsty killers.

Yet, every poster (and I will guess almost every reader) hoped this snake could be freed without killing it.

Tallpine even damaged his property to save it.

And, despite jokes about hating cats, I'm guessing every one of us feels the same about any such creature that causes no threat to us.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

taurusowner

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »
Similar sentiment makattak:  I used to drive pizzas for a very small pizza shop in Ann Arbor.  Small as in at any given time it was just the manager/owner making the pizzas, and one maybe 2 drivers.  There was a woman, who I assumed at the time was on some form of welfare, who had her car break down in the parking lot in front of the shop, with her 2 kids and 1 baby.  The owner of the bicycle shop next door let her and her kids use the phone and restroom, the Catholic run 'alternative to planned parenthood" pregnancy counseling center gave her formula for her baby, my manger made a pizza for free for her 2 children, and the owner of the Batteries Plus shop a few stores down came out and did some batter/alternator tests and small repairs for free.  The owners of all the above shops are all extremely conservative.

My manager was also notorious about recycling and routinely chided some of the more liberal college-kid drivers about how they would leave pop cans around the shop, or throw them in the trash, while he, the evil republican, was the only one who actually put any effort into recycling.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2010, 07:15:48 PM »
Does this mean I'm going to lose my savage reputation ?   :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »
Does this mean I'm going to lose my savage reputation ?   :O

Did you have a reputation when you arrived?.....

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2010, 07:20:12 PM »
Did you have a reputation when you arrived?.....

=D

I killed Bambi's mother and made hamburger out of her.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2010, 07:32:53 PM »

That just means you're a good cook.....  :P
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2010, 11:38:51 PM »

You did no such thing.

You made deerburger out of her.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2010, 08:18:15 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Tallpine on August 26, 2010, 07:20:12 PM

You did no such thing.

You made deerburger out of her.

Nope - it was hamburger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburger

A hamburger (or burger for short) is a sandwich consisting of a cooked patty of ground meat, (usually beef, but occasionally pork, turkey, or a combination of meats) ....

The term hamburger or burger can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK.

Buncha freaking nitpickers!  :facepalm:

[popcorn]

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2010, 09:56:44 AM »
The term hamburger or burger can also be applied to the meat patty on its own, especially in the UK.

A few years back I had German hamburgers (prepared by a native German lady) which were like meat loaf cooked in individual serving size.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2010, 09:17:31 PM »
After asking us to do the feeding chores for awhile, Lady Pine comes up to tell us that they saw a baby rattler under the pallets the bales of hay are on.  Guess who is loading up the shotgun before going down there.  Yup you got it.  I may cut one out that means no harm to me or the Lady, but rattlers?  Yeah right! :facepalm:

Thank goodness sanity prevails. I was wondering about y'all when I read about carving up a perfectly good refrigerator to turn a snake loose, but if you had decided not to off a rattlesnake I 'd be calling the men in the white coats.

I HATE snakes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2010, 09:19:15 PM »
Does this mean I'm going to lose my savage reputation ?   :O

Totally, dude. Your street creds are below zero.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2010, 11:04:00 PM »
Thank goodness sanity prevails. I was wondering about y'all when I read about carving up a perfectly good refrigerator to turn a snake loose, but if you had decided not to off a rattlesnake I 'd be calling the men in the white coats.

I HATE snakes.

It wasn't a perfectly good refrigerator.  It had a hole in the back that a snake could crawl into to chase the mice that had gotten in there.  One would think that if Kenmore was going to put two holes in the back for the icemaker water pipes, that they would have put a removable plate on there to keep the snakes out  ;/

If it was a perfectly good refrigerator, it wouldn't have been sitting out in the weather for the past five years.  We rescued it from a fate in the dump in order to use it for a mouse proof storage for grain and halters and grooming tools.  But it wasn't mouse proof, so it wasn't a very good refrigerator IMO  =(

The snake did us a favor by showing us where the mice were getting in and out.  In the last two days, we found at least five baby mice looking for their mommy mouse, who is apparently locked out of the frig by the steel plate that GrandpaShooter and I put on to keep snakes out after rescuing Winnie (and also to cover the big hole that we chopped in the not so perfectly good refrigerator).

We saw the baby rattlesnake for maybe three whole seconds before it disappeared under the hay bales.  Hopefully, Winnie has made lunch or supper out of the baby rattler by now.  =)