Author Topic: An academic look at manscaping  (Read 11271 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: An academic look at manscaping
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 12:28:33 PM »
"Manscaping"?

Is that the current euphemism for "personal hygiene and grooming"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 12:46:31 PM »
Very personal grooming.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 12:54:20 PM »
While I wouldn't go so far as saying you need to keep things picture perfect or nekkid, being well groomed down there is appreciated by your lady friend (s)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
"Manscaping"?

Is that the current euphemism for "personal hygiene and grooming"?
I do believe it's hipster for "I shave my balls"

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2015, 02:52:24 PM »
I discursively analysis online electronic talk in response to an advert promoting male groin grooming showing the complex ways in which men discursively negotiate their interest in this non-typical gender practice.

Um, you really ought not admit that in public.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2015, 03:43:45 PM »
The nurses 2/3 manscaped me as a surgery prep when I had the hernia fixed.  I can't imagine wanting to that "grooming" on a regular basis.  At the follow-up with the PA she said that most of the men they see that get that surgery say the regrowth is one of the worst parts of the recovery.  I wouldn't say it was the worst part, but it was top 5 for sure.  It did exacerbate some of the worse aspects.
Formerly sumpnz

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 03:34:35 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 05:20:27 PM »
I started reading out of curiosity.... it turns out to be a paper based on the comments section of a youtube video. You have got to be kidding me. ;/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 07:19:44 PM »
To those of you who mock manscaping I have a question.  Do you mow your lawn and trim your hedges?  Or do you let that sh*t get out of control?  And what do you prefer in women?  A little grooming or some late 60's "just got back from Woodstock" freedom bush?   [popcorn]

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 09:17:20 PM »
To those of you who mock manscaping I have a question.  Do you mow your lawn and trim your hedges?  Or do you let that sh*t get out of control?  And what do you prefer in women?  A little grooming or some late 60's "just got back from Woodstock" freedom bush?   [popcorn]

Any other manscapers want to step forward?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 09:23:09 PM »
And what do you prefer in women?  A little grooming or some late 60's "just got back from Woodstock" freedom bush?   [popcorn]

Regardless of my personal preferences, or her personal habits, if SWMBO doesn't ask for it, why would I do it?
Formerly sumpnz

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »

This.

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 09:37:16 PM »
Regardless of my personal preferences, or her personal habits, if SWMBO doesn't ask for it, why would I do it?

This
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »
Wookie!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2015, 11:47:31 PM »
Any other manscapers want to step forward?

When I'm going to see someone, I do. Not with a razor, though, as I cut myself too easily too many times. I use a hair remover.

The women appreciate it. They don't like having hair stuck in their teeth. ;)

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2015, 01:59:23 AM »
Sometimes I might trim it back just a little with scissors, but that's it. Hair on a woman doesn't actually bother me. It's really still a fairly new thing.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: An academic look at manscaping
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2015, 04:57:47 AM »
When I'm going to see someone, I do. Not with a razor, though, as I cut myself too easily too many times. I use a hair remover.

Yea It was pointed out to me that i could expect greater quantity and quality by a 19 year old gf during a one year sabbatical from relationship with current  wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Re: An academic look at manscaping
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2015, 07:33:43 AM »
Yea It was pointed out to me that i could expect greater quantity and quality by a 19 year old gf during a one year sabbatical from relationship with current  wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I introduced a man or two to the world of landscaping with the same argument.

And, for what it's worth, it really is true.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2015, 09:24:11 AM »

Why not?  It's fun and flossing at the same time!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2015, 09:25:11 AM »
Trim, yes.

Shave, no.

Those are delicate bits down there.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2015, 12:22:41 PM »
I prefer to leave some things to the professionals.....

.....anyone know a good barber?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2015, 12:26:03 PM »
There's a barber here in town who does a superb straight razor shave. He drinks, though, and sometimes has the shakes. Want his phone number?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 01:50:50 PM »
Trim, yes.

Shave, no.

This
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2015, 02:35:12 PM »
Trim, yes.

Shave, no.

This

This invention fixes that problem. Plus it has a back attachment/handle that works great...  So I hear.