Author Topic: What is good mouse pad?  (Read 7727 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: What is good mouse pad?
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 01:56:17 PM »
Well....[news anchor voice]in this economy....[/news anchor voice]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2009, 02:01:04 PM »
In this economy, former lia sophia employees are out trying to hock their mouse pads, so they can eat. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2009, 03:48:50 PM »
Logitech Marble FX.  I've one running on my media machine, a wireless version on the gaming box and one in deep archive.  The wired are worth their weight in silver, the wireless in gold.  This is how a Trackball should work and be configured.  If you find one working for the cheap, snatch it up like Smegal and the One Ring.

The one you linked to is the Trackman Marble FX, and I frakkin' love those things. Mine just died after ten years of hard use. Pity, they only made them for about 2 or 3 years. =( Wish I had bought a few spares, as a good one will go for $150 to $200 on Ebay.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2009, 04:01:18 PM »
I gave in to the dark side and have been using a Microsoft Optical trackball for the last 7 years or so.

I prefer an Ubuntu trackball. [/fanatic]

Chris

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2009, 04:06:51 PM »
I really need to try one of those trackballs. Is there a pretty steep learing curve going from a normal mouse?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 04:11:12 PM »
No, they're pretty easy.

Chris

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 04:12:56 PM »
No, they're pretty easy.

Chris

/insert "Your Mom" joke here....  :lol:

But seriously, I think I'll pick one up and try it.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »
I prefer this:  http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/163&cl=US,EN

Amazing mouse, but they do have a few glitches.  I had to replace mine after only ~3 years.  They are spendy too, at $75, but a damn good mouse.  

I absolutely hate trackballs, but those thumb driven ones look pretty cool.  I have just never had much luck with precision with a trackball.  
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 04:15:07 PM »
I really need to try one of those trackballs. Is there a pretty steep learing curve going from a normal mouse?

Not really, although you should give yourself adequate time to get used to the change. If you get to liking them you'll probably never go back to a mouse.

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 08:03:29 PM »
Yeah, but they're cheaper at Target.  I wouldn't pay seven bucks at Best Buy, so I got one for four dollars at Target.  Does that make me a cheapskate?   :cool:

My 401(k) thanks you.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
Target is my favorite cheap-stuff-from-China discount store, especially since the local Wal-Mart has such odious North Saint Louis County flavor. 

Unfortunately for you, I don't treat myself to cheap-stuff-from-China very often.  But from now on, when I do I'll think of you. =)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2009, 09:15:51 PM »
I use this. Which is I believe neoprene. Came with the game.

On top of this

« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:22:29 PM by RaspberrySurprise »
Look, tiny text!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2009, 09:17:12 PM »
In this economy, former lia sophia employees are out trying to hock their mouse pads, so they can eat. 

Smart ass, they didn't work for ls, they worked for our llc....there you go funny guy
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 10:04:22 PM »
Yeah, like I didn't know that.  And here I thought my parents actually worked for Amway.   ;/

I have been using a Logitech mouse for about six years now.  I like it a lot better since I dumped the stupid software it came with.  Every so often, this stupid wheel thing would pop up on the screen, which gave me super computer-powers or whatever.  It happened just frequently enough that I could never remember how to turn it off, so I could use my mouse as - you know - a mouse.  I guess I paid extra for that.   :rolleyes: