Author Topic: Curse of the cat face  (Read 7739 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Curse of the cat face
« on: January 09, 2012, 11:13:51 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2080062/Tara-Palmer-Tomkinson-Madonna-Stars-trying-hard-stay-young.html#ixzz1i3n8g6XA

...soaring eyebrows, triangular visage and slanting eyes so familiar on many famous women.
Stars such as Kylie Minogue, Carla Bruni, Lulu and Madonna are just some of those who’ve begun sporting facial features so feline that they’re now being dubbed the ‘Celebrity Cat Club’. It’s usually the next step on from the ‘pillow face’, where so much filler is pumped into cheeks, they begin to look unnaturally plump

But what measures do these women have to take to get the distinctive cat-faced look made infamous by the so-called Bride of Wildenstein — former millionaire art dealer’s wife Jocelyn Wildenstein — in the late 1990s?
Dirk Kremer, a Harley Street plastic surgeon, explains: ‘While the “pillow face” is caused by using too much filler, the “cat face” is the result of having too much of everything — all done badly. Those soaring eyebrows occur when too much Botox is given, especially in the centre of the forehead. This makes it very smooth and can cause the centre of the brows to drop.

‘The outer edges of the eyebrows then fly up in a very artificial way. It’s a kind of Fifties diva look that is ridiculous on most women.
‘The second element of the cat face is cheek fillers. If too much is put in, the enlarged cheek presses against the eye, making it look smaller and slanted. This is especially obvious if the woman is smiling.

‘Too much filler also gives the face a triangular look: wide at the cheekbones and comparatively narrow at the jaw. In moderation, this is a youthful shape; but in excess, it just adds to the feline quality. And if Botox has always been used to eliminate any lines, the smooth, artificial, cat-like shape is further emphasised.’

Several pics at teh link.  Here is the standard by which all cat faces are judged:

I fail to see how this mangling is better than the natural aging process, especially when the gal in question abstains form tobacco and much alcohol consumption (which accelerate the signs of age).

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: Curse of the cat face
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 11:24:57 PM »
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:56:12 AM »
Why would anyone want to do that to themselves and think that looks good?  Whatever happened to aging with grace?
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 02:06:44 AM »
APS' Resident Crazy Cat Lady sez...

Leave the cat faces on the cats.  :O

Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 05:42:20 AM »

Not mine!
We have 3 Siamese who look much better that the pictures of those ugly women.
Real shame to see that Priscilla Presley turned out so poorly.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:05:06 AM »
Not mine!
We have 3 Siamese who look much better that the pictures of those ugly women.
Real shame to see that Priscilla Presley turned out so poorly.
I guess that's what you get trying to find cheap plastic surgery. Sort of like those women who got that Fix-A-Flat & oil mixture injected into their buttocks and almost died for it.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 06:08:44 AM »
I fail to see how this mangling is better than the natural aging process, especially when the gal in question abstains form tobacco and much alcohol consumption (which accelerate the signs of age).

I doubt very much this was intended.

You should look at the people who've had good work done.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 07:52:46 AM »
Joan Rivers -- same doc as Michael Jackson?  (the nose...)

Karla Bruni?  Always thought she looked like a plastic Barbie, in pics I've seen.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:46:57 AM by lee n. field »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 08:33:54 AM »
Why would anyone want to do that to themselves and think that looks good?  Whatever happened to aging with grace?
Good quesiton - even though time ultimately catches up to everyone, some women's facial features seem to age gracefully either on their own or with skillful assistance (Barbara Eden, Sophia Loren, Joan Collns, and Raquel Welch come to mind) and others, not so much. (Seen Bridget Bardot lately?  :O  )

The "botched" surgeries illustrated probably result from some would-be celeb trying to get the work done out of the public eye, which means they went to some hack . . . Priscilla Presly didn't even go to a real doctor.

With predictable results.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:50 AM »
Personally, I think some people just start doing a little and then start wanting more every time another little flaw appears.  Most of those women would look better with their natural looks IMO.  A number of those plastic surgery queens look rather hideous.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnx95KyQEAA

Terry Gilliam's facial adjustment of Katherine Helmond in "Brazil" was epic.
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 10:25:37 AM »
I doubt very much this was intended.

You should look at the people who've had good work done.

This ^^^ post is no good without pictures.

Amen. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »

Maybe shes trying to be a full-time furry.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 12:11:06 PM »
This ^^^ post is no good without pictures.

Amen.  

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

CNYCacher

• friend
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 12:27:33 PM »
Micro,

Lisa Rinna is considered to be a plastic surgery disaster in her own right, albeit a more minor one than Jackson, or the "Cat Lady", in most American circles.

http://www.stylebistro.com/News+and+Pics/articles/NPaoBnup8Nw/Lisa+Rinna+Before+After+Plastic+Surgery+Pictures

The difference is that she acknowledged it was bad instead of just pushing on forward.
I promise not to duck.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 02:43:21 PM »
She is known for her roles as Billie Reed on Days of our Lives, Taylor McBride on Melrose Place, and most recently as the host of SoapNet's Soap Talk.
No wonder I didn't know who she was . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »
She was also on one of the police dramas, the one that's subtitled "Special Victims Unit".  Can't recall the full name.

Chris

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »
She was also on one of the police dramas, the one that's subtitled "Special Victims Unit".  Can't recall the full name.

Chris

That's Mariska Hargitay
Charles Babbage

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »
You're right.  I got them mixed up for some reason.  All short-haired brunettes look the same. ;)

Chris

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 04:27:18 PM »
No, that's Aaron Echolls' wife. The one that killed herself.

http://lisarinna.com/wp-content/themes/TheHungryCA/images/lisa_rinna.png
Charles Babbage

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 05:30:01 PM »
Maybe she's trying to get work done to the point she can float down the street, saving tons on taxis etc.

Oh yeah, stay in school kids!
I promise not to duck.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 08:04:02 PM »
Even worse than duck face

http://blog.rounds.com/25-worst-cases-duckface/

Ok, admit it...who else found their lips pooching out while viewing those photos?  :lol:
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 08:18:28 PM »
Ok, admit it...who else found their lips pooching out while viewing those photos?  :lol:

Not me. I was too busy laughing at the duck face.
 :lol:

But I think duck face may stem from people who can't do  :-* in a picture.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds