Author Topic: Navy rates wiped out.  (Read 7697 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Navy rates wiped out.
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 09:17:55 AM »
As for the term Man.  It is actually a generic term, a diminutive of human.  All of us (*well most of us) are human, thus Man.  I have nothing but disgust for those of any gender who have destroyed the English language by demanding the invention of words that divide us as well as malidentifying proper words.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 10:21:49 PM »
And....ratings/job titles are back!

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/ratings-restored-effective-immediately-sailors-will-get-their-job-titles-back

Now I got to wonder how much it cost the average squid to ditch all his old crows with rate badges, replace them with blanks and now re-replace them with the proper crows with rating badges.
 :facepalm:

I am surprised that this this complete flusterlcuck of an idea was reversed though. Maybe, just maybe there is a tiny glimmer of hope for our military leadership.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:38:20 PM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:12 PM »
And we're back! Trump can't stop winning. And yeah, I credit Trump, or at least some four star lackey that saw a Mattis force choke in their future.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2016, 01:34:05 AM »
Color this Snipe happy!

:old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2016, 08:01:48 AM »
Yup! Found out from facebook not to long ago! Woo! The wording from the article doesn't give me good feelings though. =|
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2016, 08:42:07 AM »
Yup! Found out from facebook not to long ago! Woo! The wording from the article doesn't give me good feelings though. =|

Schoolhouse power grab, every rating merger makes detailing more NEC driven. In aviation there is no manning to support everyone training to every job, at least not if you want to fly. If you get someone that is trained you better keep them, typical turnover rate means everyone will always be in school and reservist near useless.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2016, 02:05:41 PM »
Saw a blurb yesterday somewhere saying the Navy rates have been wiped back in.  The order to rescind them was reversed.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2016, 10:54:04 PM »
Saw a blurb yesterday somewhere saying the Navy rates have been wiped back in.  The order to rescind them was reversed.
Let us just hope the fool responsible gets sacked.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge