Author Topic: Gander Mountain circling the drain  (Read 7695 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Gander Mountain circling the drain
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2017, 05:39:48 PM »
Hey, cut him some slack.  He's been gone so long he has to relearn how to type... :P
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2017, 12:27:12 AM »
The Gander in Coldwater, Mi (where I live) is definitely going out of business. No great loss, we have a mega hardware store in Angola, In. with better gun prices.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2017, 01:35:39 AM »
Hey, cut him some slack.  He's been gone so long he has to relearn how to type... :P

No, Don't. He can't even come up with his own story. :P
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2017, 02:38:05 PM »
Gawds, I could tell you horror stories about Gander (so could Bedlamite)

He walked into the local store, and was looking at a used Ruger Model 1 in .416 Rigby. Was told by the salesdrone that it was a "good deer cartridge"

Same salesdrone, when I brought in my replica Sharps .45-70 to sell, was trying to look it up... under original Remington rolling block

Again, same store... a couple days after I did their inventory Stepdad needed a new strong for his recurve, which I had located in their backroom. Salesdrone told me they didn't have such an animal (then got scared when I told him exactly where it was)

Gander was stillmarginally ok when I lived in Shevegas 20 years ago.
Just not marginal enough... Daane's hardware in Oostberg was always much better- I'll still make 2 trips 45 minutes out of my way if I want to order in something special.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2017, 04:24:36 PM »
Drove past the one near me a couple of times over the weekend.  Saw guys loading shelves into trucks.  Yesterday, on the way home from work, the hurricane shutters over the doors were down at 5:30 p.m.  That's all folks.

Funny note, when the one near me converted to a Firearms SuperStore, some people got bent out of shape because there's a school about a mile down the road, and "da kidz" and "da gunz" and all.  These same people went to city council and demanded that they do something to keep the store from closing so tax dollars wouldn't be lost.   :laugh:
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark