Author Topic: Firefly Trailer  (Read 1514 times)

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
Firefly Trailer
« on: April 26, 2005, 02:22:15 PM »
The trailer for Firefly is up on Apple's website -

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/

Unfortunately it appears that the character who gets short shrift (because the actor wasn't available for much due to other projects) is Shepherd Book.  Oh well.  Looks good anyway.  And it's coming out on my birthday.  I'll be there.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

cordex

• Administrator
Firefly Trailer
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 02:26:53 PM »
Book was never my favorite character anyhow.

I was curious as to who and what exactly he was, though.

Excellent trailer.  Can't wait for the movie.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
Firefly Trailer
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 03:40:13 PM »
Cool, did the fans play a role in bringing this about?   I never had a chance to catch Firefly when it first ran on T.V, is it worth renting/buying?  Something about wormholes and fetching the "Comfy Chair" always took priority. Cheesy
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Warbow

• friend
Firefly Trailer
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 03:48:26 PM »
I never had a chance to catch Firefly when it first ran on T.V, is it worth renting/buying?
Yes! It's a good deal too -- $30-35 for the DVD set.

Firefly Trailer
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 08:54:49 PM »
Quote from: Warbow
I never had a chance to catch Firefly when it first ran on T.V, is it worth renting/buying?
Yes! It's a good deal too -- $30-35 for the DVD set.
I own a lot of TV on DVD (my schedual simply prohibits watching it in "real time") and this was the best $30 i ever spent. It will leave you a little sad at the end though when you ask your self what could have been. They really got JUST enough episodes in to make you REALLY like the show. Makes me a little sad to think about.

Warbow

• friend
Firefly Trailer
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 10:32:23 PM »
Quote from: c_yeager
It will leave you a little sad at the end though when you ask your self what could have been. They really got JUST enough episodes in to make you REALLY like the show. Makes me a little sad to think about.
I know. Sad

It's a shame that good shows like Firefly get canceled because people would rather watch crud like American Idol. :/

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Firefly Trailer
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 04:58:23 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"