Author Topic: Zero Carb Beer  (Read 1246 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Zero Carb Beer
« on: January 27, 2022, 03:44:37 PM »
This should taste good...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/27/business/bud-light-next-launch/index.html

I mean, I might actually try it in my quest for very low ABV beer to have with lunch and whatnot, but I wouldn't expect much taste-wise.

Logan described the crisp taste as a mix between elderberry and chamomile, with a fruity aroma. "The body is very thin, as you would expect being a zero-carb beer," she said.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Zero Carb Beer
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 03:53:56 PM »
Hopefully better than Michelob Ultra which tastes like bottled water someone accidently put a drop of beer in.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 03:55:53 PM »
Not sure that was beer.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 04:00:22 PM »
Why bother?  I love beer.  I’m not going to go out of my way to get pretend beer.  I’d rather have plain water, or seltzer water possibly with a little fruit juice or flavoring.  Or tea.  Save my beer drinking for real beer.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 04:00:42 PM »
Can it even be beer if there a no carbs? I ask seriously from a technical perspective.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 04:08:13 PM »
Can it even be beer if there a no carbs? I ask seriously from a technical perspective.

Brad

Yes.  Beer is the fermented liquid made from mashed grains and hops.  If the mash is controlled to only produce fermentable sugars and the yeast is allowed to ferment to completion there will be little or no carbs in the final product. What remains can be removed.  You’ll have a beer with absolutely no body, but it will be a beer.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 04:18:18 PM »
So it tastes like a spiked bedtime tea?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2022, 05:16:15 PM »
Isn't alcohol a carb?  C2H5OH  (or is it CH3CHOH?)
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 05:22:19 PM »
Yes.  Beer is the fermented liquid made from mashed grains and hops.  If the mash is controlled to only produce fermentable sugars and the yeast is allowed to ferment to completion there will be little or no carbs flavor in the final product. What remains can be removed.  You’ll have a beer with absolutely no body flavor, but it will be a beer.

Next will be decaf coffee, tofu bacon and bourbon with no alcohol.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 08:58:27 PM »
If I wanna get trashed on zero carbs... Jim Beam and Diet Coke. And a bad headache in the morning.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 09:04:22 PM »
Next will be decaf coffee, tofu bacon and bourbon with no alcohol.

Already been done on all three.
Yes there is tofu bacon and non-alcoholic Bourbon
 [barf] just thinking about the tofu bacon.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 09:13:50 PM »
Isn't alcohol a carb?  C2H5OH  (or is it CH3CHOH?)

I thought so to, so I googled it. Apparently, it is not.

https://type1traveler.com/2016/02/09/a-brief-guide-to-alcohol-metabolism-and-blood-glucose/#:~:text=Alcohol%20does%20not%20equal%20Carbohydrates&text=Although%20many%20popular%20alcoholic%20beverages,through%20a%20process%20called%20fermentation.

Distilled spirits are extremely diabetic friendly. My endocrinologist allows me a drink a day.  She did not specify the size of the drink.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2022, 09:30:13 PM »
Already been done on all three.
Yes there is tofu bacon and non-alcoholic Bourbon
 [barf] just thinking about the tofu bacon.

Obligatory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV8BlBKupHM
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2022, 09:52:49 PM »
If I wanna get trashed on zero carbs... Jim Beam and Diet Coke. And a bad headache in the morning.

Black Velvet Reserve and club soda, not so much of a headache the next day.

Black Velvet Reserve is actually pretty good mixer, way better than regular BV.

I also like Canadian Club and soda too.

Uranus is a gas giant.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 09:11:23 AM »
Hopefully better than Michelob Ultra which tastes like bottled water someone accidently put a drop of beer in.

Oddly enough, Mick Ultra seems to be the go to beer where Castle Key lives. So many of the people down there drink it.

I've never liked Mick products. They taste bad to me, but worse, Mick, especially the original Mick, gives me MASSIVE headaches.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2022, 09:25:41 AM »
Oddly enough, Mick Ultra seems to be the go to beer where Castle Key lives. So many of the people down there drink it.

I've never liked Mick products. They taste bad to me, but worse, Mick, especially the original Mick, gives me MASSIVE headaches.

A few days ago I ran across this "favorite cheap beer in every state" chart. Of course these charts are always pretty unscientific, but I was surprised to see on this chart that Michelob Ultra was the choice in close to one third of the states. Idaho had Keystone listed, and I had tried that beer once. Then I threw the rest away. The Keystone might be a Panhandle thing, because I don't see it much around here.

https://www.eatthis.com/most-popular-cheap-beer-every-state/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 09:28:05 AM »
A few days ago I ran across this "favorite cheap beer in every state" chart. Of course these charts are always pretty unscientific, but I was surprised to see on this chart that Michelob Ultra was the choice in close to one third of the states. Idaho had Keystone listed, and I had tried that beer once. Then I threw the rest away. The Keystone might be a Panhandle thing, because I don't see it much around here.

Kentucky – Michelob Ultra

- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 09:30:46 AM »
Virginia is Natural Light.

That's some.... BAD beer right there.

Pennsylvania is Yuengling. OK, I can see that. I'm not terribly fond of Yuengling, but I can drink it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 09:38:43 AM »
Like those favorite candies by state maps that seem to nearly always show Swedish Fish as Kentucky's favorite candy. I never even heard of Swedish Fish until I saw one of those maps.
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2022, 10:02:04 AM »

Yeah, wrong... Iowa is firmly in the Busch Light, or "Busch Latte" as the indigious Iowegians call it. Many times when either university has had a bowl game in recent years, the traveling Iowegians have drank the town out of Busch Light a day or 2 before the game.

I used to drink the *expletive deleted*it out of Miller Lite, but something changed with their recipe during covid and it doesn't taste right to me anymore, heard this from other fellow Miller Lite connoisseurs too. So, I'm trying to find a cheap beer I like that I can drink in mass quantities and not get a hangover like microbrews do. Coors Light fits but it's like Mic Ultra where there isn't much flavor. Bud Light is a hangover waiting to happen, Busch Light is ok. Old Style Light tastes good, but hard to find where I live. Bitch and moan.

Maybe I'll just stick with whisky and soda. Little less whisky in the glass on the heavy drinking days?

I think of Coors (Golden Bullet) as the cheap beer of choice in Idaho.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2022, 11:50:56 AM »
I like Hamms Light for a yard work beer. I have a couple of them, go take a shower, and take a nap.
Blog under construction