Author Topic: Google Maps Street View not working?  (Read 218 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Google Maps Street View not working?
« on: February 21, 2023, 04:19:58 PM »
Beginning mid last week, Google Maps Street View isn't working on my PC, neither browser-based nor standalone app. I usually run Chrome but tried it on Edge and Firefox, too. No joy. The Android app version works fine.

I know the dedicated Street View app is getting axed, but it was my understanding that Street View from Maps would be unaffected.

Anyone else having the same problem?

Brad

It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Google Maps Street View not working?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 04:28:30 PM »
Works for me
Make sure you're in satellite view
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 04:29:33 PM »
Works for me on Brave.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 04:38:23 PM »
Working in all my browsers. What did Brad do to piss off Google?  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2023, 05:12:50 PM »
Okely-dokely on all browsers up here in the Seattle area.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2023, 09:05:40 AM »
Figured out... something.

I guess I now have to "officially" enable Street View mode rather than simply placing a location marker.

I was getting into Street View by clicking on a roadway, then clicking the popup it gave for that location marker. If Street View data was available, the popup would have a thumbnail of the Street View image for that location. That way doesn't seem to work any more. Now, I have to enable Street View mode by clicking on Browse Street View Images (the yellow stick figure in the lower right corner). When I do that, it highlights all roadways with Street View images and seems to work as usual from there.

It's irritating that I can't do the simple single-click access any more. Yea, progress.  ;/

Brad
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 10:11:09 AM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2023, 09:25:30 AM »
I always just zoom in until it automatically goes to street view.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2023, 11:02:20 AM »
Street View seems to work OK for me, but I'm seeing more and more locations that have been deliberately blurred out.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain