Author Topic: Would this be an improvement over Mayor Bloomberg?  (Read 3981 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Would this be an improvement over Mayor Bloomberg?
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2013, 03:42:16 PM »
It's that. Our sex-positive friend is saying he believes that the evils of power-seeking are in no way comparable to the evils of pleasure seeking, and therefore finds the metaphor ridiculous.

Plenty of power/pleasure seeking in "religious" circles  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 04:34:44 PM »
Plenty of power/pleasure seeking in "religious" circles  ;)

Plenty of power/pleasure seeking in just about any circle. Humans be humans.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2013, 04:18:00 PM »
Oh it is going to be a fun race to watch  [popcorn]  [popcorn]  [popcorn]:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/06/07/Weiner-to-female-voter-were-you-flirting-with-me

The Politicker reports that, at a campaign forum in Brooklyn Thursday night, mayoral candidate and disgraced former-Congressman Anthony Weiner asked a woman in the audience, “Were you raising your hand or flirting with me?”
Politicker described the woman as "elderly."
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2013, 04:20:58 PM »
Oh it is going to be a fun race to watch  [popcorn]  [popcorn]  [popcorn]:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/06/07/Weiner-to-female-voter-were-you-flirting-with-me

I'm sure he thought it was funny since she was an "elderly" lady.

Sorry, Weiner, but you don't get to joke around like that anymore. Of course, if you cared about propriety, you'd still be hiding in shame, so I suppose you aren't going to care about this faux pas, either.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought