Author Topic: Work Place Violence, or muslim terrorism?  (Read 1978 times)

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
Work Place Violence, or muslim terrorism?
« on: December 03, 2015, 06:22:07 AM »
well hell, I guess it can be both, right?  Muslim shooters in San Bernardino yesterday.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/12/02/multiple-victims-reported-shot-in-san-bernardino/

but no worry's about bringing in hundreds of thousands more of 'em, right?

griz

• friend
Re: Work Place Violence, or muslim terrorism?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:39:08 AM »
It certainly seems to be both.  I think the problem lies with our desire to fit every event in to one single cubbyhole.  Real life is messy and complicated.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 07:15:56 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 07:31:23 AM »
It certainly seems to be both.  I think the problem lies with our desire to fit every event in to one single cubbyhole.  Real life is messy and complicated.

Did they do the attack in the name of a religion, group or whatever? That would determine if it was terrorism or not.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 08:24:04 AM »
Did they do the attack in the name of a religion, group or whatever? That would determine if it was terrorism or not.

Coordinated attack, outfitted for "battle", pre-prepared explosive devices, Muslim and recently back from a pilgrimage.

Maybe he was going for a twofer, kill some personal enemies as well as please Allah with the death of infidels in his act of jihadi martyrdom.   
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 10:35:11 AM »
Coordinated attack, outfitted for "battle", pre-prepared explosive devices, Muslim and recently back from a pilgrimage.

Maybe he was going for a twofer, kill some personal enemies as well as please Allah with the death of infidels in his act of jihadi martyrdom.    

Note that, from appearances, they weren't intent on the martyrdom part. Otherwise they'd have stayed to shoot out with police and maximize body count before that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 11:00:19 AM »
Note that, from appearances, they weren't intent on the martyrdom part. Otherwise they'd have stayed to shoot out with police and maximize body count before that.

Them escaping (initially, anyway) also doesn't jive with typical workplace shootings. They usually off themselves or go out shooting, too. I really think this a was a mix of workplace and some "jihad". Maybe he wasn't pissed-off enough soley about work to shoot it up, and wasn't quite radicalized enough to do some jihad on its own, but was pissed enough and radicalized enough that by their powers combined they went on their spree.

I'd guess intent was to shoot up his co-workers, escape, then do more damage/violence elsewhere a la jihad.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 11:07:46 AM »
I blame climate change.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 11:41:06 AM »
It could easily be 100% Islamic terror. Unless he wrote a manifesto or something, we'll never know if he had a personal animus for his job or co-workers beyond their nominal infidel status.

Yes, it could be a two-fer, however, it could also well be just a place that he was intimate with the layout, the (lack of) security, and could guarantee himself and the other two shooters where a large gathering of people would be.

The other Middle Eastern housemates, whom I'm unclear how many there were, and if their whereabouts are known, and the pipe-bomb IED workshop, RC cars/toys with bombs on them etc. definitely points to it being majority Islamist terror, and minority workplace revenge/violence at best, if at all.
I promise not to duck.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 03:44:52 PM »
Obviously this is all the fault of the NRA.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 05:33:31 PM »
Them escaping (initially, anyway) also doesn't jive with typical workplace shootings. They usually off themselves or go out shooting, too. I really think this a was a mix of workplace and some "jihad". Maybe he wasn't pissed-off enough soley about work to shoot it up, and wasn't quite radicalized enough to do some jihad on its own, but was pissed enough and radicalized enough that by their powers combined they went on their spree.

I'd guess intent was to shoot up his co-workers, escape, then do more damage/violence elsewhere a la jihad.

I was thinking about this earlier today.  You may be close to the answer.  Another possibility is that they had planned an attack for a future date at some other location, but something pissed him off at the party.  In a fit of anger he told his spousal unit that the attack was going to happen "right now", hence his leaving the party early and coming back to shoot up the place.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 05:44:58 PM »
Islamic terrorism. PERIOD. We can argue if it was an ordered / planned attack by terrorist HQ or just Inspired by Islamic teachings, still Islamic terrorism.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 06:45:21 PM »
Drudge reported that some neighbors saw suspicious activity before the shootings, but were afraid to report it for fear of being accused of racism, bigotry, and/or Islamophobic profiling. (Same thing as some Army shrinks who figured Major Nidal Hassan was trouble . . . but reporting him would jeopardize their careers.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »

Only to a point. To many of us, hundreds of rounds of ammunition is just an afternoon of plinking, but if these people didn't engage in shooting for sport then having that much ammo has a more serious connotation. And they didn't whip up more than a dozen pipe bombs in the time between when Syed left the party and the couple returned with their "arsenal."

How do you accurately label it if it was a case of a disgruntled worker engaging in "workplace violence," but said disgruntled worker just happens to have been a terrorist in the making? Does that make it "workplace terrorism"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 07:19:57 PM »
Drudge reported that some neighbors saw suspicious activity before the shootings, but were afraid to report it for fear of being accused of racism, bigotry, and/or Islamophobic profiling. (Same thing as some Army shrinks who figured Major Nidal Hassan was trouble . . . but reporting him would jeopardize their careers.)

Hamstrung by political correctness.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.