Author Topic: Work at Grubhub? Not if You Voted for Trump You Do  (Read 1448 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Work at Grubhub? Not if You Voted for Trump You Do
« on: November 10, 2016, 04:44:00 PM »
Grubhub owner tells all employees who voted for Trump to leave. His business, his right, but I can't help but think (as with the protests, etc.) how this would go over in the reverse.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Work at Grubhub? Not if You Voted for Trump You Do
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 04:57:01 PM »
Grubhub owner tells all employees who voted for Trump to leave. His business, his right, but I can't help but think (as with the protests, etc.) how this would go over in the reverse.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/10/boss-tells-pro-trump-employees-to-resign.html

I hope the employees file an EEOC complaint about the hostile work environment.

Maloney is not the owner, he is the CEO of a publicly-traded company.  He should be fired.  He should be fired if he said the same thing about Clinton (or Johnson, or Stein, etc) supporters.
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:03:38 PM »
Hmmm ...

While Maloney seemingly calls out Trump supporters at his company on the one hand, the young CEO boasted about the company’s supportive and inclusive culture on the other, saying he “firmly believes that we must bring together different perspectives.”

"As long as those different perspectives are congruent with my perspective."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »
I don't know what a grubhub is, but let me tell you how shocked I am that this should happen. So very, very excessively shocked.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 05:43:35 PM »
I just read the actual email (linked in the FOX News article) and it's not that bad.
"It's good, though..."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 05:46:58 PM »
He should have not mentioned the election and just put out the email as a reaffirmation of the company values. It wouldn't have even made the news.

bob