Author Topic: What level of apoplexy....  (Read 3604 times)

dogmush

• friend
Re: What level of apoplexy....
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2020, 01:08:03 PM »
I think that they think the screeching is working, and they don't need to do anything else.  Just keep it up, and hammer home how bad he is like they have for the last 4 years.

I don't know if they are correct, but I think that THEY think they are.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2020, 04:08:52 PM »
I think this question is premature.  Trump's chance of being reelected is hovering around 50-50 in my opinion.  Right now they are banging the "Trump's delayed response to the corona virus killed people" theme.  Given that the majority of folks still get their news from the MSM (which implies some level of trust and belief), I suspect that will ultimately prove difficult for his campaign to overcome.
If the Dems pivot to "Trump over-reacted/acted on bad advice/didn't make the right decisions/etc. to the corona virus crisis and killed the economy", then he is toast.
Handled properly, the outcome of the beer virus crisis will be red meat for the Democrats.  They can effectively swing either way on it depending on how the numbers finally pan out.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2020, 04:29:21 PM »
I think this question is premature.  Trump's chance of being reelected is hovering around 50-50 in my opinion.  Right now they are banging the "Trump's delayed response to the corona virus killed people" theme.  Given that the majority of folks still get their news from the MSM (which implies some level of trust and belief), I suspect that will ultimately prove difficult for his campaign to overcome.
If the Dems pivot to "Trump over-reacted/acted on bad advice/didn't make the right decisions/etc. to the corona virus crisis and killed the economy", then he is toast.
Handled properly, the outcome of the beer virus crisis will be red meat for the Democrats.  They can effectively swing either way on it depending on how the numbers finally pan out.

I would change MSN to "some mouth breathing pundit and idiots posting memes on Facebook".
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2020, 06:14:49 PM »

Do you really think it is still a majority? I thought the rating don't really show that.  Maybe if you include people who don't watch the news, but see headlines and sound bytes. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2020, 06:27:58 PM »
Do you really think it is still a majority? I thought the rating don't really show that.  Maybe if you include people who don't watch the news, but see headlines and sound bytes. 

Ran across an article a week or two back from an authoritative source that stated 63% still get their news from the MSM.  While the number stuck with me, I'll be dag nabbed if I can remember where I saw the article.  I'd post a link if my biological memory backup battery hadn't died.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2020, 06:39:00 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Pb

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2020, 10:02:21 AM »

"Regulated," as in, you know, "regular army," regular guy," "a regulated watch," "well-trained," and "well-equipped."

Not in the sense of "trammeled," or "restricted," or "subject to all kinds of rules and regulations."

Terry

Yes... the militia is to be regulated.  Gun ownership is not to be regulated.

Judge Thomas M. Cooley (the foremost constitutional scholar of the 1800s), explained this very clearly in 1880.

"It might be supposed from the phraseology of this provision that the right to keep and bear arms was only guaranteed to the militia; but this would be an interpretation not warranted by the intent. The militia, as has been elsewhere explained, consists of those persons who, under the law, are liable to the performance of military duty, and are officered and enrolled for service when called upon. But the law may make provision for the enrolment of all who are fit to perform military duty, or of a small number only, or it may wholly omit to make any provision at all; and if the right were limited to those enrolled, the purpose of this guaranty might be defeated altogether by the action or neglect to act of the government it was meant to hold in check. The meaning of the provision undoubtedly is, that the people, from whom the militia must be taken, shall have the right to keep and bear arms; and they need no permission or regulation of law for the purpose. But this enables the government to have a well-regulated militia; for to bear arms implies something more than the mere keeping; it implies the learning to handle and use them in a way that makes those who keep them ready for their efficient use; in other words, it implies the right to meet for voluntary discipline in arms, observing in doing so the laws of public order.[156]

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2020, 04:05:53 PM »

I think the rally cry will have a lot to do with death tolls.  This is what makes the China information so important.  We weren't the only country slow to react, thanks to the lies of China, and the coverup by the WHO. 
https://world.wng.org/2020/04/china_s_real_death_toll
Newsweek reported on this back on 3/29
https://www.newsweek.com/wuhan-covid-19-death-toll-may-tens-thousands-data-cremations-shipments-urns-suggest-1494914
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2020, 08:26:04 AM »
Speaking of apoplexy ... Trump tweeted he is shutting down all immigration into the USA.

3 2 1 exploding heads on the left commence!

I'd have started a new thread but didn't see any news articles yet.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
In light of the attack from the Invisible Enemy, as well as the need to protect the jobs of our GREAT American Citizens, I will be signing an Executive Order to temporarily suspend immigration into the United States!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2020, 09:07:02 AM »
Speaking of apoplexy ... Trump tweeted he is shutting down all immigration into the USA.

3 2 1 exploding heads on the left commence!

I'd have started a new thread but didn't see any news articles yet.

The typical "blue check" comments are pretty comical. They think they're being witty by saying we should cut off "immigration" from Florida and Georgia instead, while typing those statements from NYC.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/04/20/media-is-gonna-flip-trump-tweets-that-hell-sign-an-executive-order-to-temporarily-suspend-immigration-into-the-us-and-whoa-nelly/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2020, 10:15:14 AM »
The typical "blue check" comments are pretty comical. They think they're being witty by saying we should cut off "immigration" from Florida and Georgia instead, while typing those statements from NYC.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/04/20/media-is-gonna-flip-trump-tweets-that-hell-sign-an-executive-order-to-temporarily-suspend-immigration-into-the-us-and-whoa-nelly/

The argument seems to be that America is the world hotspot for a deadly disease, and how dare Orange Man stop people from visiting the world hotspot for a deadly disease.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2020, 10:18:07 AM »
With unemployment what it is now, the last thing we need right now is more immigrants (including those with H1B visas) looking for work.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2020, 10:27:02 AM »
The argument seems to be that America is the world hotspot for a deadly disease, and how dare Orange Man stop people from visiting the world hotspot for a deadly disease.  :lol:

Party of science and its math skills.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."