Main Forums > The Roundtable

Weddings have changed. Just back from a rural MN wedding

<< < (5/5)

grampster:
We had a typical Catholic church wedding in 1966.  My cousin who was a priest married us.  Reception at the Knights of Columbus hall with food and drink and band.  When we left the reception a black cat ran in front of our car...yet 56 years later here we are.

How we got together was even better.  My partner and I were attempting to pass a vehicle while in pursuit of a car load of idiots who had thrown beer bottles at some winos.  We had our overhead lights on, no siren.  The car we were trying to pass suddenly turned left and I couldn't avoid hitting it in the side.  When I got out of the cruiser and approached the car I hit, I noticed it was peeled open from the front wheel clear back to the rear wheel..a new 64 Ford Falcon convertible.  The 2nd thing I noticed was a quite attractive blonde girl getting out of the car who was pissed and said to me, "You stupid son of a behotch, look what you did to my car."  Hmmmm.

About a month later I was having a cold beer after 3-11 shift at a local pub when I noticed an attractive blond girl who looked familiar.  I sidled up to her all suave and debonair and said she looked familiar.  Her reply:  "I should, you are the stupid son of behotch who smashed up my car."  One thing led to another...........

JonnyB:
Hmmm… I’m in Minnesota, and have been for all of my 67+ years.

That’s NOT a typical rural Minnesota wedding! It is, however, a typical redneck wedding, no matter what state you’re in.

What town? Or county, if you don’t care to be too specific. I’m about two hours west of MSP.

JB

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version