Main Forums > The Roundtable

Weddings have changed. Just back from a rural MN wedding

<< < (2/5) > >>

HankB:
Was the father of the bride carrying a shotgun?

Kingcreek:

--- Quote from: HankB on June 27, 2022, 04:31:35 PM ---Was the father of the bride carrying a shotgun?

--- End quote ---
No, just a beer.

French G.:
I declined my dad's offer to send the moonshine around at my wedding. Doubt the christening would have saved it anyway. The shine came out(1987 or so before BS fake shine was a thing) at my sister's wedding. At some point a fight ensued over the jar culminating in one brother of the groom ripping the screen door off another brother of the groom's house cops called, etc. Those boys were "known to law enforcement anyways. Only exciting thing at my wedding was a groomsman that we went to school with banged one of the bridesmaids, a cousin of wifey.

230RN:

First: Small church on Long Island, parents, best man, Wife1's girl friends from college, some friends of mine from college, modest reception at a local restaurant.  Lasted 23 years through no fault of mine, issue: two boys.

Second: Wife2 and I had lived together for a year before knitting a union.  Civil Service in Denver County building, Justice of the Peace, staff as witnesses, Unfortunately, I had quit drinking, she had not.  She passed on in 2007, RIP.

I was best man at a friend's wedding, that one was a splash, big Church wedding, big reception at a large bar/restaurant. I remember it was the second time in life I wore a tuxedo.

I can't recall exactly what the first time was, but probably the super posh-posh wedding of my cousin Ann.  Reception at the Waldorf IIRC.  I remember you could see the Empire State Building from the reception room.

She married big.  Real big.  Never saw her again.  I wonder if that tells me something.
<Terry scratches head>
<Terry belches>
<Terry checks armpits>

Terry, 230RN

Ben:
The most memorable wedding I attended was in my 20s, when I was an usher at a friend's wedding. He married a naked dancer he met at the nudie bar. Pink tuxedos for the groomsmen, and the bride's side of the wedding looked like a two dollar hooker convention. The marriage lasted almost six months.  :laugh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version