Author Topic: "Redskins" is racist . . .  (Read 1146 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"Redskins" is racist . . .
« on: May 19, 2016, 04:09:06 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: "Redskins" is racist . . .
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 04:31:49 PM »
???

???

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 12:14:02 PM »
. . . but not to most Native Americans:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/new-poll-finds-9-in-10-native-americans-arent-offended-by-redskins-name/2016/05/18/3ea11cfa-161a-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

Hmmm, it seems the SJWs threw a grievance party and nobody came.

These poor, simple, people of the land lack the sophistication to know when they're being abused, so the SJWs have to come in, educate them, and save them from the palefaces.

Whether they agree to the help - or not.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 01:49:18 PM »
I knew that without having to read the article.

Back in the late-70s, the office administrator of the firm where I worked was an enrolled member of the Flathead tribe in western Montana. She received several periodicals from "Native American" tribes and advocacy groups. I recall a couple of articles in particular, because of what they said about how the "Native Americans" really felt.

First, one article made clear that the "Native Americans" knew full well that they are NOT "Native Americans." They knew they immigrated to this continent from Asia. The author regarded it as ridiculous for whites to insist on calling him a "Native American." As far as he was concerned. "Indian" was just fine.

Then there was an article in a newspaper from one of the Sioux tribes. Basically, they don't mind being called "Indians," but they don't like being called "Sioux." There are a number of different "Sioux" tribes, and they prefer to be appropriately differentiated: Lakota, Rosebud, etc.

So, yeah -- the real redskins don't mind that the football team regards them as a role model. My high school was the Spartans -- when are the Greek-Americans going to start protesting that the school should change its mascot to the Sparrows or the Chickadees?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:03:31 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 01:58:19 PM »
My high school was the Spartans -- when are the Greek-Americans going to start protesting that the school should change it's mascot to the Sparrows or the Chickadees?

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 08:42:27 AM »
. . . My high school was the Spartans -- when are the Greek-Americans going to start protesting that the school should change its mascot to the Sparrows or the Chickadees?
Probably about the same time that Catholics demand a name change for the Angels, Saints, and Padres . . . or when the Norse decide to take issue with the Vikings.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain