Author Topic: Interesting case did not go like i expected  (Read 754 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Interesting case did not go like i expected
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:20:30 PM »
Funny how cases can go. I thought kimball had a great case but he got convicted
http://www.pressherald.com/2015/04/14/jury-in-north-yarmouth-bee-farm-murder-trial-set-to-begin-deliberations/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Interesting case did not go like i expected
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:12:37 AM »
Funny how cases can go. I thought kimball had a great case but he got convicted

The linked article doesn't say anything about a conviction. Got a follow-up?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 06:38:39 AM »
Too much left out of the story in the link.
I did notice that the idea that being proficient with your ccw is to be considered as some how premeditation was being pushed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »
I am most curious there something important that we don't know about like a statement he made or some sort of trial error

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »
Based on the limited information available, I'm betting something went wrong with the just. I would trust a Maine Yankee jury with a lot of things but a dicey self defense case isn't one of them.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »
Based on the limited information available, I'm betting something went wrong with the just. I would trust a Maine Yankee jury with a lot of things but a dicey self defense case isn't one of them.

That was one of the jurors, the other 11 moved up from Mass. after destroying the place, sort of like Oregon and California.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 11:32:12 PM »

That was one of the jurors, the other 11 moved up from Mass. after destroying the place, sort of like Oregon and California.

That could be close to the truth. Yarmouth is a yuppie-ish community on the coast in the southern part of maine. I doubt many real Mainahs live theyah any moah.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design