Author Topic: 'Iran will deliver telling blow to global powers on Feb. 11'  (Read 8625 times)

Hutch

• friend
'Iran will deliver telling blow to global powers on Feb. 11'
« on: February 01, 2010, 07:32:44 AM »
Story at http://www.presstv.ir/detail/117545.htm?sectionid=351020101

Reckon what that's all about?  My guess would be a long-range missile test, or (unlikely) uncork some bottled sunshine in a demonstration test, a'la PDRK or Pakistan.  D'ye think it will have an immediate impact here?

"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

brimic

• friends
Re: 'Iran will deliver telling blow to global powers on Feb. 11'
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 07:42:15 AM »
It will just mean our man-child in chief will give Ahmadinejad more verbal fellatio.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:29:49 PM »
"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blooooowwww your house down."  Happens every year about this time.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »
Iran likes to make little threats.  Iraaq did the same thing, but Sadamn got called on his.  One day, Iran won't have to make threats as they will have the nuclear capability and destabilize the entire Middle East.  Maybe BHO can talk them out of whatever it is.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 07:11:36 PM »
Patiently I wait for the day when we see our SSGNs get into action. Don't put me in charge, they'd all be within 500 miles of there. Surprise!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »
I'm betting they hang some more protestors.  A group this time, instead of an individual.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 11:56:31 PM »
Ahmadinejad said that in the three decades of its history, the Islamic Revolution had inspired some great developments in the world.

Yeah, those decapitations on the internet are a milestone in history. Next step for Ahmadinejad: the wheel.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 01:58:40 AM »
"I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blooooowwww your house down."  Happens every year about this time.

They get all wee-weed up? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 07:54:26 PM »
They get all wee-weed up?

Okay. I give up. What does "wee-weed up" mean?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 08:07:32 PM »
peeing into the wind?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 07:44:05 AM »
Hardly a mention on the news....I know its not the 11th yet....
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584660,00.html

Iran successfully launched a research rocket into outer space carrying a mouse, two turtles and worms Wednesday, but failed to put anything into orbit, two U.S. officials tell Fox News. Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad described the launch as a "very big event" and said it shows Iran can compete with the West in a battle of science and technology.

I've got a buck that says nuke test on the 11th. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »
Can our seismographs tell the difference between detonation of a real nuke and a cavern filled with a couple of thousand tons of conventional explosives?

I seem to recall seeing a TV show about open pit mining somewhere out west where that became an issue - the company was asked to NOT set off their daisy chains of charges simultaneously, but rather in a "ripple" pattern (slight delay between adjacent rows of explosive) so the Russkies could see it wan't a nuke test.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 09:41:54 AM »
Well, heck. We're a well to do country, right. Seems to me if Iran wants a nuclear bomb, we ought to dig a little deeper into Uncle Pork's pockets and give them one.

By the way, I have good news to share with everyone: I created or saved 1,000 push-ups and 500 sit-ups bright and early this morning.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 10:53:31 AM »
Okay. I give up. What does "wee-weed up" mean?

Something silly Dear Leader said once.

said it shows Iran can compete with the West in a battle of science and technology goat herding.

FTFY
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 12:18:26 PM »
Hardly a mention on the news....I know its not the 11th yet....
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584660,00.html

Yup, the ability for Iran to launch objects into space combined with the ability to build nuclear bombs is a Very Bad Thing.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »
Yup, the ability for Iran to launch objects into space combined with the ability to build nuclear bombs is a Very Bad Thing.

What I was thinking, plus:

Had Iran tested a nuke first, Isreal would probably deliver a large case of whoopass upon anything and everything that they can bomb.  However, by putting first the technology to launch the nuke, then test the nuke, they make it seem that they can deliver said bomb.  Whether they are ready to actually deploy such a weapon, who knows.  Feb 11th actually might be interesting
 [popcorn]
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2010, 04:50:14 PM »
I'm thinking either more advanced missile test or full blown nuke test. I remember a report the other day we were moving more ships into the gulf with anti-missile capability. Not sure if that is routine, caution over the announcement, or if intel shows something relevant that the rest of us do not know.

I agree that doing the missile test first would be good strategy. A nuke doesn't do much good if you can't deliver it, and launching a missile shows they can deliver it. May not have been big but I would guess big enough lob as least a small nuke Israels way.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 11:13:10 PM »
(In 2009 dollars...)
1945 USA had a GDP of 200 Billion.
2009 Iran had a GDP of 850 Billion.

1945 USA had a pop of 132 Million.
2009 Iran has a pop of 66 Million.

The point:
We might make fun of them as a backwards nation. But it doesn't take very advanced science to make a nuke. Besides, the science is already settled, and that makes the development a lot easier.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 06:56:45 AM »
And yet so far - no nuke.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Bruce H

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2010, 08:41:21 AM »
Aren't the taking credit for all the snow that shut down DC.
It is possible to always be wrong.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 09:02:31 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1250127/Iran-Revolution-day-protests-Islamic-Republic-nuclear-state.html

Seems they are claiming that they have the kit to enrich uranium to weapons grade.

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
That can't be. They just want to build a nuclear reactor to better serve their people. In the past the Iranian government has shown how they care about the plight of it's citizens.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 09:55:10 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1250127/Iran-Revolution-day-protests-Islamic-Republic-nuclear-state.html

Seems they are claiming that they have the kit to enrich uranium to weapons grade.

"Claiming" is the operative term. If they could, they'd be doing it.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 09:57:02 AM »
Can our seismographs tell the difference between detonation of a real nuke and a cavern filled with a couple of thousand tons of conventional explosives?

Yes.

Most visible in the P-wave amplitude.  
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 10:54:59 AM »

"Claiming" is the operative term. If they could, they'd be doing it.

What advantage do they gain by making the claim without being able to actually do it?