Author Topic: Dems Target a New Seat of Power  (Read 6944 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Dems Target a New Seat of Power
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
The entitlement system as it stands has turned into a giant voting block. With some estimates of 51% of Americans recieve some form of entitlement. That's a hell of a voting block. Just like the article above, it suggests our system of electing critters to represent us is just giant smoke screen. Window dressing to seem like we "elect" folks in a fair system.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2010, 09:45:36 PM »
The entitlement system as it stands has turned into a giant voting block. With some estimates of 51% of Americans recieve some form of entitlement. That's a hell of a voting block. Just like the article above, it suggests our system of electing critters to represent us is just giant smoke screen. Window dressing to seem like we "elect" folks in a fair system.

Some "estimates"?

Estimates by whom?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 10:18:30 PM »
I could only blame myself. 

You must be new here.   :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 11:01:41 PM »
I guess I am new here.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2010, 11:13:25 PM »
Fistful is the official scapegoat for everything.  It doesn't matter what, it's always his fault.

And for some strange reason fistful has been renamed Dick Cheney.

In other words, blame Dick Cheney, not yourself.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2010, 11:47:51 PM »
If fistful is the official scapegoat, then I must be his long lost twin. I get blamed for everything. Just ask my wife.

Abraham Lincoln

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 12:38:20 AM »
I have always felt a certain kinship with monkeys.   :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 01:58:03 AM »
Monkeys are cool. They spread chaos and mayhem whenever possible, and throw stuff. What's not to like? 

Hey. If your Cheney, can I be Bush. Then folks can blame me, and I can point to you.

DM. Fistfuls twin, seperated by unknown means by person(s) unknown. 

Abraham Lincoln

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 01:54:39 PM »
It's official. It's my fault   

Abraham Lincoln

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 10:23:24 PM »
In a famous lecture called “The Forgotten Man.”, the author was a Yale professor, William Graham Sumner.  He put it algebraically. Sumner said A wants to help X, with X being the man at the bottom. And B wants to help X too. That’s our philanthropic impulse, we want to help. There’s nothing wrong with that. We all have that impulse to provide charity. It becomes a problem when A and B get together and pass a perhaps-dubious law that coerces C into funding their maybe-good project for X. In Sumner’s original version, C is the forgotten man, the man who pays, the man who prays, the man who is not thought of.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.