Author Topic: There ought to be a chargable offense here  (Read 6713 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: There ought to be a chargable offense here
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 06:44:22 PM »
I already saw a video where protestors (can't recall if it was Ferguson or STL) blocked an ambulance that was running with lights and siren. They let it through, but they had to move the vehicle that they had setup to block the road first. That all had to take at least a couple of minutes in a situation where seconds count. From what I read, there were no repercussions. That is another situation where there should have been strong repercussions, where again, it would have been difficult for protestors to garner sympathy.

That would be because the city "leadership" is letting the "protestors" be in charge. They know they have a fairly free hand to do as they wish and nothing is going to happen to them, because it would be RACISM!!!!!

You gotta keep your pimp hand strong when dealing with shitheads, or they will take miles when you give them an inch.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 09:20:46 PM »
These are the same *expletive deleted*s that "We're gonna loot and you better not try to stop us" demands to the police, right?

They don't care. Their objective is to burn it all down, they want total destruction and anarchy. And new Nikes. Can't forget those. They may claim that they are only there for "peaceful protesting" but for some reason, it seems to turn to violence more often than not.

I wish we had a "Like" button!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 09:23:44 PM »
Oh, it gets better.

The city PD has agreed to the demands of the "protestors"

Look out, good guys in that AO, because the "leadership" just threw you all under the bus.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2014, 01:13:02 AM »
This is why I often wonder about the lack of redneck bumpers on ambulances.  I know part of the reason for a fire truck accompanying is so that it can run interference if the situation calls for it, but a properly equipped ambulance (they tend to be built on Ram 3500, F350 or similar chassis around here anyway) could have moved the blockage itself and then sent police in to collect the people who would be held liable for repair costs to the ambulance.

Would you want your ambulance playing demolition derby while you're strapped down with a broken neck? Ramming cars tends to be rough on the occupants of both vehicles....
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2014, 06:53:51 AM »
Would you want your ambulance playing demolition derby while you're strapped down with a broken neck? Ramming cars tends to be rough on the occupants of both vehicles....

Why you send in a bulldozer ahead of the ambulance.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 09:46:34 AM »

The ambulance does half of its travel without a patient, and some of it with patients for whom even a serious jolt would be preferable to a long delay.  Besides, it's not always ramming; in a situation like what was described, a simple approach, make contact gently, and go would have pushed the obstacle aside much faster than waiting for it to be moved.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 09:55:28 AM »
Today's ambulances are a lot bigger and tougher than the modified station wagons of yesteryear . . . and rioters on foot are rather soft and squishy . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »
Why you send in a bulldozer ahead of the ambulance.

Dozers are slow and disturbingly easy to get stuck in mud.  Go for a HEMTT with a cowcatcher.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »
Problem with police standing down is some citizens are gonna be asking-"why are we paying them, anyway? We might just as well take care of things ourselves."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 02:51:42 PM »
Today's ambulances are a lot bigger and tougher than the modified station wagons of yesteryear . . . and rioters on foot are rather soft and squishy . . .

this mental picture just made my day. :)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 05:15:13 PM »
. . . and rioters on foot are rather soft and squishy . . .

Two words: Churchill Toad.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2014, 12:38:41 AM »
That said, in looking at the weather forecast, there seems to me to be a simple solution.  Hose everyone down with water.  High temperatures in the 30's and 40's, most protesters won't be dressed for cold and wet, hypothermia will drive them back inside where it's warm.

No doubt, in those temps, it would be an effective technique. People are talking about this on various internet fora, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a joke, or what. I think we can be about 99% sure that the cops/NG are going to avoid using fire hoses (or anything resembling fire hoses) on black people.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife