Author Topic: Oh, by the way...Oregon assault weapons bill introduced yesterday....  (Read 1554 times)

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/hb3200.dir/hb3200.intro.pdf

This, after the usual suspects declared just days ago that they were going to drop gun control as an issue this session. More about it here:http://www.oregonfirearms.org/massive-gun-ban-introduced

It should be interesting to see the response from my local Sheriff. He made national news recently with his anti gun control letter to Biden.
Hi.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: Oh, by the way...Oregon assault weapons bill introduced yesterday....
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:53:49 PM »
[censored]

[CENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSOREDCENSORED] LYING [CENSORED] Ginny [CENSORED] Burdick...

Oregon's version of Diane Feinstein...  This woman is *RABIDLY* anti-gun...   Sadly, OR's legislature shifted a bit more democrat this last election cycle, so we're gonna face a bit of an uphill climb on killing this bill..

However, it is *SO* ridiculously over the top, that I hope Democrats that come from seats that may be at risk realize that this could be the end of their political career if they vote for it.   I think that they are hoping this is their one big chance to kill guns in OR once and for all, and so they're going for broke...

What a bitch.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 04:07:21 PM »
Oregon just got wiped off my list of places to live after the Coast Guard.  Along with Colorado. 

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:35:49 PM »
Oregon just got wiped off my list of places to live after the Coast Guard.  Along with Colorado. 

The bill is pretty close to the federal wish list. Are you planning to leave the US, too, because of proposals? Just curious. As with many other states, Oregon continually fights the wishes of the people living in large cities....
Hi.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »
It is over the top.

My guess is that the "Home inspections" clause will kill it.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 06:29:16 PM »

Maybe you should wait for it to leave committee, if it can, to make that call?

Same old bill from the same old anti-gunners, if it goes the same old nowhere there's no reason to worry about it, just make sure the locals tell their critters they'll pay for supporting it.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
Maybe you should wait for it to leave committee, if it can, to make that call?

Same old bill from the same old anti-gunners, if it goes the same old nowhere there's no reason to worry about it, just make sure the locals tell their critters they'll pay for supporting it.

Hopefully, its awfulness will get it shot down relatively easy.

In either case, it appears that OFF has a handy automailor for getting in touch with state congresscritters...

http://automailer.oregonfirearms.org/
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 04:28:24 PM »
Same nasty stuff as introduced before, but this time we have a legislature solidly in Democrat hands.  And a governor just itching to sign off on it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 08:03:58 PM »
The bill is pretty close to the federal wish list. Are you planning to leave the US, too, because of proposals? Just curious. As with many other states, Oregon continually fights the wishes of the people living in large cities....

Yep.  We get that *expletive deleted*it here in Texas, too....despite Texas being "pro gun"....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 11:11:10 PM »
Yep.  We get that *expletive deleted* here in Texas, too....despite Texas being "pro gun"....

Yep. Oregon is a lot more pro gun than folks realize....
Hi.