Author Topic: Manafort Ordered to Turn Himself In  (Read 3322 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Manafort Ordered to Turn Himself In
« on: October 30, 2017, 09:08:03 AM »
Manafort and his associate, Rick Gates, have been ordered to turn themselves in. At this point, the only allegation I have heard is "tax fraud".

Interestingly, I would bet that every taxpayer in the US is guilty of tax fraud, whether they know it or not. More interestingly, they can find this on Manafort, but nothing on Hillary Clinton? I guarantee that she has committed tax fraud, and that's the lesser of her crimes.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/30/report-paul-manafort-rick-gates-to-surrender-to-special-counsel.html

I haven't looked at the usual MSM sources yet. I would assume they'll have a much different spin than Fox.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 09:33:13 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Manafort Ordered to Turn Himself In
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:13:13 AM »
There must be a sacrifice. Or two. If they can get two convictions, then this is officially bigger than the infamous Plamegate scandal, which nearly destroyed America, and made puppies sad.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 12:15:02 PM »
Trump, why are you asking why the focus isn't on Hillary?  YOU are the President.  Why don't you send your prosecutors against her?   :facepalm:

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 12:18:59 PM »
So did anything mention who he was working for when all this happened?  The stuff I heard about happened long before he worked for Trump.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 03:07:57 PM »
So did anything mention who he was working for when all this happened?  The stuff I heard about happened long before he worked for Trump.

Yep, the "Foreign Agent" named in the indictment is ......

Wait for it.....

Not yet.....

Ukraine !!!!!

Which is currently in a state of cease-fire with....

Wait for it.....

Not yet....

Russia !!!!

Whom Trump is allegedly in collusion with.  I'm still waiting for some to explain that to me... 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2017, 06:27:48 PM »
So this is apparently has NOTHING to do with Trump.  Wow, that is really lame.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2017, 06:39:43 PM »
Yep, the "Foreign Agent" named in the indictment is ......

Wait for it.....

Not yet.....

Ukraine !!!!!

Which is currently in a state of cease-fire with....

Wait for it.....

Not yet....

Russia !!!!

Whom Trump is allegedly in collusion with.  I'm still waiting for some to explain that to me...  

My understanding is the ukranian in question was the pro Russia candidate.

And yeah. Trump is a *expletive deleted*ing idiot. the dude DIRECTS the executive branch and he's asking why Hillary isn't being indicted? When he already said he WOULDNT go after her? his dude is in deep *expletive deleted*it and he's essentially asking why HE isn't doing what HE is empowered to do.

I can't believe so many people are still backing this tard. Even if there's no collusion, no crimes, etc... he's a *expletive deleted*ing complete moron at this point.

Stand by for people screaming "536D pinochle, man!"

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2017, 08:05:46 PM »
My understanding is the ukranian in question was the pro Russia candidate.

And yeah. Trump is a *expletive deleted*ing idiot. the dude DIRECTS the executive branch and he's asking why Hillary isn't being indicted? When he already said he WOULDNT go after her? his dude is in deep *expletive deleted*it and he's essentially asking why HE isn't doing what HE is empowered to do.

I can't believe so many people are still backing this tard. Even if there's no collusion, no crimes, etc... he's a *expletive deleted*ing complete moron at this point.

Stand by for people screaming "536D pinochle, man!"

Because we like his agenda and his administration is getting more stuff done than any of the recent "well spoken" Republicans who came before him.  Yeah, he runs his mouth, but when it comes down to it, that crap is insignificant and I don't freaking care. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 08:27:22 PM »
Because we like his agenda and his administration is getting more stuff done than any of the recent "well spoken" Republicans who came before him.  Yeah, he runs his mouth, but when it comes down to it, that crap is insignificant and I don't freaking care. 

Except it's coming real doggone close to either making him a lame duck or ending his presidency.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2017, 08:50:53 PM »
Except it's coming real doggone close to either making him a lame duck or ending his presidency.

That's why people are backing him. The election is over. He's the president. As impeachment is rare, anything that hurts him increases our chance of getting another Democratic president in 2020.

I know what you're going to say. "See, you shouldn't have nominated such a dumb-dumb-head!" Well, fine, but the election is over. You go to political war with the orange-colored president you have.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2017, 09:12:22 PM »
I don't think it is close at all on either one.  I think the idea of it being close is the illusion. 

Plus, IMO, a good part of the odd stuff he puts out on Twitter or elsewhere is bait. 

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2017, 11:12:42 PM »
There's a real possibility that it's nothing but a political witch hunt that won't go anywhere.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453244/manafort-indictment-no-signs-trump-russia-collusion
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2017, 11:59:57 PM »
There's a real possibility that it's nothing but a political witch hunt that won't go anywhere.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/453244/manafort-indictment-no-signs-trump-russia-collusion

The Papapapadopalous thing is more worrisome for the Orange One, but if it fits the pattern, it will leave him untouched.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 08:12:25 AM »

It doesn't need to go anywhere.   It's still going to continue to be a black cloud over his presidency and create a further divide in this country. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 08:20:53 AM »

The Papapapadopalous thing is more worrisome for the Orange One, but if it fits the pattern, it will leave him untouched.

From what the overnight talking heads on the rightwinghate radio were saying Papdoopolis was a minor level campaign volunteer.

This whole boondoggle is a witch hunt being cheered on by the "Never Trump" crowd on the right and everyone on the left.

Putting Mueller in as Special Prosecutor Persecutor, with his partisan background, history with the Clintons and Comey with nary a peep from the Republicans tells you where they stand.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 09:26:58 AM »
Trump, why are you asking why the focus isn't on Hillary?  YOU are the President.  Why don't you send your prosecutors against her?   :facepalm:

It's the same thing with the unmasking. The most Trump is willing to do about this supposed scandal is tweet about it.
At a certain point, don’t we have to wonder whether the people with access to the relevant information have decided they are better served by innuendo than disclosure?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 09:40:56 AM »
It doesn't need to go anywhere.   It's still going to continue to be a black cloud over his presidency and create a further divide in this country. 
Even if there wasn't a black cloud, the media would try to create one.  They did that to W. Bush also.  They have been doing it to Trump ever since he entered the Presidential race.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 12:57:22 PM »
Even if there wasn't a black cloud, the media would try to create one.  They did that to W. Bush also.  They have been doing it to Trump ever since he entered the Presidential race.

This.   Remember that everyone, especially in the liberal bubble, thought that Trump would be the easiest of the 17 R's, that entered the Presidential race, for Hillary to beat.

Then he actually won.  We've all witnessed the absolute meltdown of the left.  Especially from the MSM.  There are hundreds, if not thousands, of videos of them just losing their *expletive deleted*it on election day and after.   They have been bound and determined since 9 Nov 2016 to bring down the Pretender Trump, and install the rightful President Hillary "It's MY Turn" Cllinton on the throne.  

He has had a bullseye on his back since them.  As someone posted on FB, if Trump slightly stumbled and spilled some of morning beverage on the White House Carpet.  The MSM would be screaming for a Special Counsel to investigate "The Covfefe Incident".  Luis Gutierrez (D- Chicago's Hispanic Neighborhoods). is going to file Articles of Impeachment after the of the year.   Trump's alleged crimes ??  Being a poopy head.  

They are screaming the loudest just so they seem to be "larger" then they actually are.   Their goal is to cripple Trump, like they did to Bush, so that the legislation which his supporters want, will be DOA.   If the R's would grow a backbone, like Trump has, and stop trying to being liked by the "cool kids" of the MSM, and just say damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead, they could have a solid majority for years to come.   But they are willing to fold like a cheap suit and are going to be wondering why they got shellacked in 2018.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:49:45 PM by Amy Schumer »

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 09:54:07 AM »
http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/01/politico-hides-fusion-gps-employment-of-key-source/

The article is about Politico bashing other journos for failing to frame things in the appropriate Trump-bad/Clinton-good manner, with the Wall Street Journal being a major whipping boy. But Politico apparently fails to point out that one of their anti-WSJ sources (Neil King) works for a company called Fusion GPS.

Then, there's this:

CNN’s reporter covering the Russian dossier story is a very close friend of Fusion GPS principals. Here’s CNN reporter Evan Perez kicking back with Fusion GPS folks, including Neil King and Peter Fritsch. [group photo] CNN has not disclosed Perez’s close ties to the group he’s covering.

Scout26

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2017, 02:53:10 PM »
For the alligators in the swamp, they do not like the idea of it being drained....

Hold fast by the river.
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2017, 07:18:14 PM »
It doesn't need to go anywhere.   It's still going to continue to be a black cloud over his presidency and create a further divide in this country.  

It won't in any way create a divide -- or a "further divide." The country is already 100 percent polarized. It can't get any worse than it is, and nothing Mueller comes up with is likely to change any minds. Those who hate Trump will continue to hate Trump. Those who welcome Trump as an antidote to uncontrolled, rampant liberalism will continue to chortle over the way he gets the liberals' knickers all twisted up. It's either a black cloud, or a gold merit badge. Take your pick.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Pb

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2017, 12:30:23 PM »
I wonder if Manafort is being charged to try and get him to reveal "crimes" committed by Trump as a bargain to get him off.