Author Topic: American-born spokesman for al-Qaida caught in Pakistan  (Read 562 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
American-born spokesman for al-Qaida caught in Pakistan
« on: March 07, 2010, 04:19:44 PM »
The American-born spokesman for al-Qaida has been captured in a raid by the Pakistani intelligence service (the ISI?).  This guy was charged with treason by a U.S. court in 2006, the first American so charged in over 50 years.  His life is about to get very interesting.

The recent captures of al-Qaida big wigs makes me wonder if Pakistan is just throwing us a bone to keep our support, given that the ISI is riddled with folks that don't like the West and our anti-terrorism efforts.  Will these efforts put further pressure from extremist elements on the Pakistani leadership? 

Here is the story:

KARACHI, Pakistan – The American-born spokesman for al-Qaida has been arrested by Pakistani intelligence officers in the southern city of Karachi, two officers and a government official said Sunday, the same day Adam Gadahn appeared in a video urging U.S. Muslims to attack their own country.

The arrest of Gadahn is a major victory in the U.S.-led battle against al-Qaida and will be taken as a sign that Pakistan, criticized in the past for being an untrustworthy ally, is cooperating more fully with Washington. It follows the recent detentions of several Afghan Taliban commanders in Karachi, including the movement's No. 2 commander.

Full story here.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.