Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Mass Shooting at Brookfield Square Mall in Wisconsin  (Read 2893 times)

Phyphor

• friend
Mass Shooting At Brookfield Square Mall In Wisconsin
Tyler Durden's picture
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 10/21/2012 13:33 -0400

None

Breaking news of a mass shooting at the Azana Salon and Spa at the Brookfield Square Mall. Details still scarce but at least 4 people reported wounded and 3 more patients expected, emergency responders are on the ground, and the mall has been put on lockdown. The shooting suspect, who is said to have used a machine gun, is still at large. Updates via @USEmergAlerts:

BROOKFIELD SQUARE | U/D SUSP BLACK MALE 6'1" 270 LBS. BALD. BROWN EYES
    U/D BPD RQST A MILWAUKEE SWAT TEAM & FLIGHT FOR LIFE IS ALSO LANDING AT THE NE CORNER OF BROOKFIELD SQUARE | UEA555

From AP:

Deputies in Wisconsin are responding to reports of a shooting near a major mall in suburban Milwaukee.

WISN-TV reports a mass shooting has taken place near the Brookfield Square Mall.

A spokeswoman for a local hospital says it has received four patients from the shooting, none critical, and expects three more.

A woman who answered the phone at the Waukesha County Sheriff's Department on Sunday told The Associated Press that deputies are looking for an active shooter.

Follow the news live on Wisn.com after the jump:

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

geronimotwo

• friend
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Mass Shooting at Brookfield Square Mall in Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 02:55:01 PM »
wow, madonna copycat?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 03:11:49 PM »
Two workers at the salon said the gunman was the estranged husband of one of their co-workers, a hairstylist. They said they didn't know whether he had left or was still in another part of the building.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/21/14596819-report-multiple-people-shot-near-milwaukee-area-mall?lite&gt1=43001

Another domestic violence case that escaped the confines of their home? More and more of these seem to be taking place at the workplace rather the the home.

I OC nearly all of the time, and I go to the salon with my wife because her hairdresser is a friend and we go out to eat afterward. The owner has mentioned several times she feels better when I am there with my wife. You would think one of the women that work there would be comfortable with a gun in her purse, or on her person.

bob

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 05:18:09 PM »
https://plus.google.com/114684843666136639922/posts Shooter.

"Radcliffe hasn't shared anything with you.

People are more likely to share with you if you add them to your circles"
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 05:58:02 PM »
No way. There must have been some kind of mistake. There are no guns allowed at Brookfield Square Mall so this obviously couldn't have happened.  :facepalm:
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2012, 10:03:56 PM »
Without chasing all the links (laziness, I know), what's the initial report of a machine gun turn out to be?
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »
Without chasing all the links (laziness, I know), what's the initial report of a machine gun turn out to be?

Probably a S&W Model 36 Lady Smith.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2012, 10:57:05 PM »
Probably a S&W Model 36 Lady Smith.

With a high-capacity magazine.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2012, 11:00:08 PM »

In the below article, a witness says that he saw the guy with a handgun.
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20121021/DA2272MG2.html
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 09:06:50 AM »
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/175210751.html

Heading back from Wisconsin yesterday I was listening to the radio as they were updating the story.

Radio reports in the afternoon kept talking about a possible IED hampering the SWAT teams ability to get in and clear the building.

I see in the link provided the IED was a "1lb Propane Tank".

Probably a frikkin green Coleman camp stove canister  :facepalm:  
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 09:20:48 AM »
Strange... all of these shootings seem to happen in gun free zones or in places full of unarmed nekkid people.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 09:26:21 AM »
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/175210751.html

Heading back from Wisconsin yesterday I was listening to the radio as they were updating the story.

Radio reports in the afternoon kept talking about a possible IED hampering the SWAT teams ability to get in and clear the building.

I see in the link provided the IED was a "1lb Propane Tank".

Probably a frikkin green Coleman camp stove canister  :facepalm:  

Would a salon have something that requires propane? I would be surprised, for example even Chefs have butane torches in the kitchen for preparing certain foods.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 10:02:15 AM »
Would a salon have something that requires propane? I would be surprised, for example even Chefs have butane torches in the kitchen for preparing certain foods.

The killer was still carrying a torch for his ex.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »
The killer was still carrying a torch for his ex.

*puts on sunglasses*  http://yeahbutton.com/
"It's good, though..."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 12:20:46 PM »
I'm so proud of my wife.... We were talking about this a little bit at breakfast this morning, and I pointed out that the victim had a restraining order against her ex.   And I started talking about how useless those were.   She looks at me and say, "it's my favorite line from the Dixie Chick's song: 'He walked right through that restraining order and put her in intensive care'"....

Combined with the latest murder we just had in our neck of the woods:

http://www.kptv.com/story/19880806/murder-suspect-whitney-heichel-attended-same-church

Short version:  Young gal leaves her apt for work, doesn't show up.  Work calls husband, wondering where she is, she gets reported missing.  Several days later, her body is found in the woods at the edge of town, and her neighbor is arrested for her murder.   SOB has a clean rap sheet, attended the same church she and her husband attended (albeit sporadically), and never gave any indication of violent tendencies.

So I'm thinking that we might be making some progress in her whole "doesn't like guns" thing.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »
Allow me to put on my Devil's advocate hat for a moment...

Look at the dates on the TRO- it is good through 2016 where the man cannot possess firearms.

1. Obviously, this TRO was meaningless.
2. The man might have been a gun collector (though we probably would have heard about it already from the media), lets say he owned a few hundred thousand dollars worth of old Parker shotguns or that value in machine guns... What are the chances that he would get these back in the same condition after an extended stay at the Shrrif's dept?
3. TROs are a tool often used by  divorce lawyers to make life difficult for their 'opponent' http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martin-Lisa-A/156044091102682
4. We have no idea about the details of the marital situation- it could very well be that the woman was cheating on him and moved in with her boyfriend (hence the description 'estranged'). If he was angy enough to murder her, its very likely she was the one perpetrating infedelity- if he were the one cheating, he wouldn't care enough about her to give her the time of day, let perpetrate a murder/suicide.

To sum it up- lets pretend for a moment that your wife is not only cheating on you, but she moved in with the trailer park king. If that isn't enough, she cleaned out your bank account, ran up credit cards in your name, then filed a bogus restraining order. You had until tomorrow to hand over all of your guns, including your own personal protection piece to the local LEO office. How happy would you be?
It goes without saying that I don't endorse his actions one bit, but if someone is using the legal system to destroy a man's life, you have to expect that in some cases there will be blowback.
/Devils advocate hat
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:07:39 PM by brimic »

Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 05:08:37 PM »
If you can't trust a man to have a gun, you can't trust him to be running loose on the street either.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 05:13:57 PM »
If you can't trust a man to have a gun, you can't trust him to be running loose on the street either.

FTW.

Barack Obama

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 07:40:16 PM »
Brimic, you make one false assumption there

4. We have no idea about the details of the marital situation- it could very well be that the woman was cheating on him and moved in with her boyfriend (hence the description 'estranged'). If he was angy enough to murder her, its very likely she was the one perpetrating infedelity- if he were the one cheating, he wouldn't care enough about her to give her the time of day, let perpetrate a murder/suicide.
Emphasis mine

Actually, I've seen the cheater get just as upset as the victim. You're assuming logic, which has no place when discussing emotional response.
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

erictank

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 10:01:09 PM »
 Emphasis mine

Actually, I've seen the cheater get just as upset as the victim. You're assuming logic, which has no place when discussing emotional response.

Yup - not QUITE parallel, as we weren't married (or even engaged), and no violence was committed or even threatened by either side. Nevertheless, when I was in the Navy, my long-time, long-distance girlfriend started seeing someone else back home one spring. I, being young and stupid, failed to put 2 and 2 together and come up with 4 until a call to her one day led to yet another connection with her mom instead. Mom, who made no bones about the fact that I was her preferred candidate for son-in-law, let me know that Georgia was off in New Braunfels visiting prospective in-laws. Both of us knew that I had no family in that town, so the facts were made plain in about the kindest manner possible. Needless to say, I was angry. Wrote a letter to her to express my opinion of the matter - actually I wrote two, but I kept the one I referred to as "the volcano" and sent "the glacier". Called back a week or two later to see if it had been received, talked to her mom again, who told me that Georgia had virtually exploded in fury. Not over anything I'd said being unjust or undeserved - rather, that she'd been caught, that her mom had told me the truth. Georgia got another note after that, commenting on the lack of respect she'd shown me and her mother and that if she had any further issues with my being told the truth, she could address them directly to me. I didn't hear from her until 7-8 years after that, when she was apparently unhappy in her marriage (to a guy her mom described in passing once as being a lot like me, actually) and just might have been looking for ... something. Naturally, I mentioned to her that while I'd managed to forgive, it would be a cold day in hell before I'd forget, and contact trailed off.

I'll admit to twisting the knife a little in retaliation by sending her an invitation to my wedding several years later... >:D

Anyways, long story short, being found out can induce anger in the cheater as well as the the one being cheated on. They lose  the extra sex, or the emotional connection, or whatever it was they used as justification to cheat, and/or lose the "safety net". They're mad at losing a good thing. It's entirely possible that someone might get mad enough to consider or attempt murder over it.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »
Anyways, long story short, being found out can induce anger in the cheater as well as the the one being cheated on. They lose  the extra sex, or the emotional connection, or whatever it was they used as justification to cheat, and/or lose the "safety net". They're mad at losing a good thing. It's entirely possible that someone might get mad enough to consider or attempt murder over it.

I guess that sort of makes sense...

Emphasis mine

I guess betting on people acting in a logical manner when they are already acting in an illogical manner is a losing bet. :P

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 11:39:28 PM »
Allow me to put on my Devil's advocate hat for a moment...

http://m.static.newsvine.com/servista/imagesizer?file=bill-dedman60B040B1-595B-6113-44E8-7F07F92182A2.jpg&width=600

Look at the dates on the TRO- it is good through 2016 where the man cannot possess firearms.

1. Obviously, this TRO was meaningless.
2. The man might have been a gun collector (though we probably would have heard about it already from the media), lets say he owned a few hundred thousand dollars worth of old Parker shotguns or that value in machine guns... What are the chances that he would get these back in the same condition after an extended stay at the Shrrif's dept?
3. TROs are a tool often used by  divorce lawyers to make life difficult for their 'opponent' http://www.facebook.com/pages/Martin-Lisa-A/156044091102682

To sum it up- lets pretend for a moment that your wife is not only cheating on you, but she moved in with the trailer park king. If that isn't enough, she cleaned out your bank account, ran up credit cards in your name, then filed a bogus restraining order. You had until tomorrow to hand over all of your guns, including your own personal protection piece to the local LEO office. How happy would you be?
It goes without saying that I don't endorse his actions one bit, but if someone is using the legal system to destroy a man's life, you have to expect that in some cases there will be blowback.
/Devils advocate hat

News now is he bought the gun in a private sale the day before the shooting, and that neighbors who knew the family said he'd been angry/violent over the past year, and had begun cutting off contact with him over the way he'd been treating his wife.

Not that it precludes cheating by anyone...
I promise not to duck.