Author Topic: And thanks to our fearless leaders through this morass...  (Read 1205 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: And thanks to our fearless leaders through this morass...
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2021, 09:44:39 AM »
. . . So, there was a push among management at The Big Company that they wanted people to be responsible and in relationships. ...
When I read that I had a flashback to an old TV program from the '60s . . . Occasional Wife. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060013/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2021, 09:49:05 AM »
The new district manager for part of the metro asked me today if I wanted my own store.

I told him that I have a lot to learn.

He seemed okay with that.

If you don't mind my saying, give some serious thought to that, Bogie.  If you can take that offer, it would be your ticket to improved stability in your life.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2021, 11:19:04 AM »
Yeah, it's actually been my goal. I'd RATHER work in community/public relations type stuff, but they don't think that they need that.

Problem is that the guy I've been Assistant Manager for for the past two years more or less thinks of the assistant as a warm body with a key. Zero training in "how stuff works." I think he thinks that it makes his job safer. What I've learned about for the past two years was cars and car parts. But hey, that's a thing too...
Blog under construction

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2021, 11:28:42 AM »
The new district manager for part of the metro asked me today if I wanted my own store.

I told him that I have a lot to learn.

He seemed okay with that.

That's awesome!
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536