Author Topic: What do you mean I can't yell anti-gay profanity?  (Read 1896 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: What do you mean I can't yell anti-gay profanity?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2021, 10:12:03 AM »
And do you think that is by accident or happenstance?
I'm sure that there have just been no cases of people using anti-white slurs.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2021, 10:47:27 PM »
https://www.seattle.gov/police/need-help/hate-crimes-and-bias-crimes

I cannot find examples of anti-white epithets being charged as a hate crime or used as a hate speech enhancement in sentencing.  One would argue that the law should apply equally to that, yet I cannot find examples.

Oh, well, you're off the hook, then.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2021, 02:01:20 AM »
^^^As has been established by numerous appellate court decisions, the First Amendment is not unlimited, and hate speech is generally not protected.  Thanks for clearing up for us your understanding of Constitutional law.

Well I guess things like the NFA are ok and don't violate the 2A then since they have been established by numerous appellate court decisions...
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2021, 09:15:35 AM »
Judges do seem to be slaves to precedent.  I am surprised they don't rule slavery is legal since there is old precedent that says it is okay. 

(Why would the constitution/amendments matter?  I guess Lincoln issued an executive order so that is why.)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge