Author Topic: 24 - SPOILERS (if you're in PDT, watch the finale, don't browse APS)  (Read 1451 times)

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
All I have to say is that I'm glad Mandy's alive.  She's the coolest terrorist on the show.

So, how is Season 5 going to work?  There'll be some national emergency and Palmer, Michelle, Tony, or Chloe has to call Jack to work on an unofficial basis?
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
24 - SPOILERS (if you're in PDT, watch the finale, don't browse APS)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 05:27:25 PM »
Is Mandy the hot chick?  That's a good thing.

Maybe the Chinese will pick him up, they'll beat something out of him, and the incident will be China going to war with America.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

HForrest

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 08:58:57 PM »
I was so glad to find out that there'll be a 5th season. I just got online and found out that Fox re-upped the show for a 6th season as well.

As always, Jack will be pulled into work "on a temporary basis" because the "country needs him". There will then be a battle with the bigwigs in "division" about his reinstatement, and more will follow, eventually ending up with Jack coming back to CTU to the dismay of the higher-ups. Yep, I know the drill now.

spacemanspiff

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 11:35:09 AM »
since when do federal agents give up intel to foreign governments so easily?

i think i'd make a perfect CTU agent. i dont have a sig other or kids to get all weepy over and have critical dilemmas over whether or not i should protect them. i dont have a lot of friends that get in the way of national security. i can sling phrases like "we're running out of time!" and "you're going to give me the information i need or i will shoot you!" like they were rubber chickens.

but if it were a show based around me, it'd more like '2 hours'. i just can't stay on my feet and run around and do tac-rolls for 24 hours straight like jack can.
Wear a Yellow Armband!

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 01:30:04 PM »
but if it were a show based around me, it'd more like '2 hours'. i just can't stay on my feet and run around and do tac-rolls for 24 hours straight like jack can.
We could always show you eating jelly doughnuts and napping for the other 22 hours Tongue
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

spacemanspiff

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 02:25:04 PM »
heh.....i wonder if HK or SIG has ever torture tested their products to see if they can withstand being exposed to sticky sugary fingers and powdered sugar and having slurpees spilled on them?
Wear a Yellow Armband!

larry_minn

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 10:26:24 AM »
I missed part of end.  DId the  Chinese let that agent go after he confessed?  Or did they pump a bullet in his head?   Why didn't he make with a story?
  I assume he was being kept up to date on what was going on?  If so he could have claimed that Tony (who everyone thought was dead) gave the order and with his history (treason to save GF)
  Also they don't seem to care they shot their own man. (china)

On another note.  WHY didn't CTU asnwer China's statement.  "You asked for this guy and a hour later he is kidnapped from us.... who else would be responsible?"    The proper answer would be.  "Well Marwan has shown he is very well connected/informed.  He was even able to escape from us on three seperate times.   Odds are he found out we were going to get this scientist so he sent HIS men in to get him first"  
  I.E. deny everything and make counter suggestions.

thorn

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 05:47:17 PM »
HEY= so i thought it would be over with this, but the fox site says season five in january!
coolness, it is not over - so i wonder if jack will come back somehow or what theyll do.......

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 05:15:01 AM »
Larry, I don't think that was ever specified.  There are all sorts of problems with the China situation.  The U.S. could still spin it by saying China is lying and that they forced Burn to confess; since China officially admitted to having Burn, their position is very weak.  They kidnapped him, assaulted two other CTU agents, and the consul was killed by the Chinese guards, not the masked men.  They can't hide Burn at this point, because the U.S. government knows the Chinese have him.  After the U.S. reveals that a nuclear missile was shot down over Los Angeles, China's position weakens even further... if the raid on the consulate hadn't taken place, the consulate, along with a large portion of Los Angeles, would have just been destroyed.

"Why didn't CTU deny everything and make counter-accusations?"  Because FOX isn't that smart.  In the long run, I don't think it would have mattered if they diverted suspicion to Marwan's group.  The Chinese would have gone after CTU/Jack/Burn anyway.

FOX has allegedly renewed 24 for two more seasons.  And according to rumor, this next season (5) is going to be connected to and taking place fairly soon after the events in season 4, not the usual 1.5-2 years between seasons.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)