Author Topic: So we know that spiders and snakes are not allowed, but what about  (Read 824 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Japanese flying squid?  Sex-mad Japanese flying squid!

Would someone please wake up Ben so he can show this to MrsSmith?  There are pictures, but not that bad.

Yes, BSL, they make great calamari - read for some important info on how-to.

stay safe.

http://earthsky.org/earth/lifeform-of-the-week-the-amazing-japanese-flying-squid

a recent gem reporting “parboiled squid inseminates woman’s mouth.” I retweeted that news, of course, and promptly moved on to other animal kingdom gossip. But I couldn’t shake the story. What kind of creature was this whose reproductive instincts were so strong as to survive death by parboiling?
The squid in question turns out to be Todarodes pacificus, and according to the literature it isn’t the first member of the species to try to mate with a diner’s oral mucosa. It also boasts an intriguing common name: Japanese flying squid. Can it actually fly? Sort of. Can it impregnate a human? Absolutely not. And, really folks, get your mind out of the gutter.

According to a case report published in the Journal of Parasitology, here’s how this latest episode of cephalopod sexual assault went down. A 63-year-old woman in Seoul, Korea is preparing a meal. She drops a whole live squid into boiling water for a few seconds (for any inexperienced cooks, “parboiling” is simply partial boiling) then removes it and chops it into pieces. She pops a piece into her mouth to see how it tastes and immediately experiences sharp pains her tongue, gums, etc. Naturally, she spits out the offending food item but continues to feel what she perceives as “bugs” squirming under the skin of her mouth. She packs up the spat out piece of squid and heads for the hospital, where doctors remove ....[/quote
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: So we know that spiders and snakes are not allowed, but what about
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 02:04:56 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 06:28:48 PM »
I keep telling people that eating raw seafood is nasty, but they just won't listin.

Now, breaded and fried is just dandy...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:48:42 PM »
I keep telling people that eating raw seafood is nasty, but they just won't listin.

Now, breaded and fried is just dandy...

Sushi = bad.

Fish-n-chips = yummy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 07:25:20 PM »
So we know that spiders and snakes are not allowed,

Yes, but they have to be:
1) specifically label/titled so that MrsSmith will click on and open them. 
2) the spider and/or snake (and/or other nasty) has to be prominently featured so that it is the first thing seen upon opening.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.