Author Topic: James Garner, RIP  (Read 3044 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: James Garner, RIP
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 06:57:28 AM »
Some of you who are on the book of face thingy may have seen my post where he was a member of the Oklahoma National Guard. =D
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 12:48:46 PM »
So just on a whim I started watching The Rockford files. It's funny, witty, and as previously mentioned, holds up surprisingly well, when you make allowances for its age and time. Having been born in 1987, I'm enjoying the pure 70's-ness of it all. Especially the Detroit iron.

I noticed that when he is walking with a female acquaintance, even if it's a client he just met, he almost always leads them around by the arm, or with a hand on the back. I thought that might have just been the way they did things back then, but I haven't noticed that in any other films or tv shows.

Of course, when you're James Garner, maybe they just don't mind you doing that.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2014, 08:20:19 AM »
Was Garner ever a corrections officer/jail deputy?  It's a method of control.

It's also a lot of fun if your hand at the small of her back drops just a fraction of an inch or so lower,  And yes, Garner's charaters were all ladies' men.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.